Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
My gut feeling is that there's too much supply at this price point. I don't see 2900 tickets moving at much more than $500+ when people could save their money to go to a SCF game. Of course people would want to see the POW trophy ceremony, but that's a lot of money to move. I could see the get-in going above $700 if there were like under 1000 tickets left right now, but at 2900 I'd be surprised to see it all move at higher prices.

And BTW, the supply is going up not down. 2935 right now

This is where the short turn around could keep prices down...prices would be higher if G6 was on Friday as opposed to Thursday.

As far as supply, it was about 30 tickets higher on SH this morning. lol

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
This is where the short turn around could keep prices down...prices would be higher if G6 was on Friday as opposed to Thursday.

I for example would love to be in the building to see a possible conference championship but much rather would save my money in case they make it to the cup. I def can't afford to go to both at these prices so I would choose the cup. Similar thinking to this may keep prices exactly where they are.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
at the current supply levels, I see this game as similar to the Flyers Rangers Game 7, earlier in the 1st round. There's so much supply which needs to move in a few days that people will start undercutting. However, I don't see tickets going any lower than $400/tix since it's a clinching game.

Also a good point that people would rather save their money for SCF tickets anyway. If we had game 7 home in this round, well that's a different story.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
at the current supply levels, I see this game as similar to the Flyers Rangers Game 7, earlier in the 1st round. There's so much supply which needs to move in a few days that people will start undercutting. However, I don't see tickets going any lower than $400/tix since it's a clinching game.

Also a good point that people would rather save their money for SCF tickets anyway. If we had game 7 home in this round, well that's a different story.

On stubhub, people are paying nearly $500 for behind the goal 400s and upper corners, $600 for lower corners or upper centers, and $700 for lower centers. The few sales of SCF finals tickets I've seen are around double.

Maybe prices will go down at some point but it looks like people are holding firm for now. I think a lot more buyers will pop up if the game becomes definite.

AHB*

On stubhub, people are paying nearly $500 for behind the goal 400s and upper corners, $600 for lower corners or upper centers, and $700 for lower centers. The few sales of SCF finals tickets I've seen are around double.

Maybe prices will go down at some point but it looks like people are holding firm for now. I think a lot more buyers will pop up if the game becomes definite.

What SCF tickets have you seen sell for double? The lowest listed price is over 1 Thousand on stubhub. My tickets are in the upper bowl/lower half, the face is $290.

The cheapest ticket in my section or comparables is going for 1500. That's 5X my face.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
What SCF tickets have you seen sell for double? The lowest listed price is over 1 Thousand on stubhub. My tickets are in the upper bowl/lower half, the face is $290.

The cheapest ticket in my section or comparables is going for 1500. That's 5X my face.

Double the price of ECF game 6, not face value.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010

Maybe??

How much is a clinching game worth? If the rangers lose tonight we will find out.

I do know that 2 of the 2900 tix on SH aren't really for sale. They're mine. I plan to go should there be a 3rd home game.

With that said, they could be bought if someone pays my offering price on Stubhub. I wouldn't pay it so I'll reluctantly give them up.

Am I alone?

As for saving one's money to go see cup game?

My guess is that most will sell for more than double game 6 in this round.

Last edited:

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
Double the price of ECF game 6, not face value.

Keep in mind that the prices people are listing aren't generally what everyone is paying. Very limited quantity is actually moving right now. Supply has been at 2700-3000 for the past week.

You won't see any massive demand until it is determined there is a game 6. If that happens, we'll see whether or not sellers will come down (and if people are buying at those prices)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
When Francesa ended his interview with Micheletti he said game 1 of the cup is June 4th. Guess they won't be moving up game 1 if the Rangers and Kings end it tonight and tomorrow.

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
Any STH's get emails about the beginning of the relocation phase yet? My rep told me it was expected to start end of May, beginning of June at the latest.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
When Francesa ended his interview with Micheletti he said game 1 of the cup is June 4th. Guess they won't be moving up game 1 if the Rangers and Kings end it tonight and tomorrow.

As someone who may have missed both 3 and 4 due to being out of town if the SCF started on Saturday, this is very good news.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Keep in mind that the prices people are listing aren't generally what everyone is paying. Very limited quantity is actually moving right now. Supply has been at 2700-3000 for the past week.

You won't see any massive demand until it is determined there is a game 6. If that happens, we'll see whether or not sellers will come down (and if people are buying at those prices)

34 tix in 200 corners sold today, all over $500, most over $550, some $600+.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I'm going Thursday, f it how many chances in life am I going to get? I'll hopefully sell one of the cup games.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I'm going Thursday, f it how many chances in life am I going to get? I'll hopefully sell one of the cup games.

Same here. I just deactivated one of my listings so they both don't sell overnight. Inventory went up by 200 as soon as the game ended.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
how is there even any debate lol

all STH must be there on Thursday

No way Hank is that bad 2 games in a row, I expect great things. LGR!!!!!

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
3368 tickets as of right now on stubhub. I feel like ticketmaster is just listing theirs all on stubhub instead of listing them for face.

AHB*

Francesa literally knows nothing. There is no way they take that long of a break IMO. If the series ends Thursday and the Kings end tonight, I can't imagine a 6 day break. That completely ruins any flow in.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Someone screwed up and initially listed their tickets in section 210 at $117.50.
Unfortunately they corrected it before I could swipe them!

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
3368 tickets as of right now on stubhub. I feel like ticketmaster is just listing theirs all on stubhub instead of listing them for face.

I often get that vibe too. It'd be nice if someone exposed any proof of that, because it's totally illegal under state law

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
I often get that vibe too. It'd be nice if someone exposed any proof of that, because it's totally illegal under state law

don't know if anyone noticed but as soon as game 5 was over, a ton of the 400 level obstructed seats went on Stubhub. Probably 20 at a time for a few hours. Those are the seats we've seen all season released by the Rangers since they can't sell those to season ticket holders. Definitely something suspicious is going on.

1) Either they gave brokers those specific tickets directly or 2) they're listing on Stubhub themselves instead of a lower face.

AHB*

Should send it to the local newspapers and have them do some digging. That would be quite the story, if true.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Last round, I saw 6-8 tickets in the row in front of me for the first two home games v. the Pens on TM+. Row 14 of 225. Those are for a fact sold individually because I've seen the same tickets on Ticketmaster during the season. The ticket limit is 4 for all of the on sales so I guess you could draw your own conclusions about how those got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->