Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Some Finals speculation...NBC has potential home games 3 & 4 scheduled for Monday 11th and Wednesday 13th while MSG has a Liberty game on the 13th. Something will have to move. National network hockey dates during the finals are a little more restricted because they want to avoid head to head dates with NBA Finals

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Some Finals speculation...NBC has potential home games 3 & 4 scheduled for Monday 11th and Wednesday 13th while MSG has a Liberty game on the 13th. Something will have to move. National network hockey dates during the finals are a little more restricted because they want to avoid head to head dates with NBA Finals

If both NYR & LAK wrap up in 5, wouldn't they just shift the whole series?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If both NYR & LAK wrap up in 5, wouldn't they just shift the whole series?

Steve Lepore @stevelepore · 2h
If the Kings win tonight and Wednesday and the Rangers win tomorrow, the Cup Final could conceivably start Saturday night.

Otherwise, think we're stuck with next Wednesday.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

June 13th is a Friday. The home dates under the preliminary schedule for the Rangers would be June 9th (game 3), June 11th (game 4), and June 16th (game 6). According to the calendar of events on the MSG site, all those dates are open.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I hope there is no game 6, but if there is, do you all think there is going to be a buying frenzy like game 3, will things stay where they are, or will it be a race to the bottom with the bottom being slightly lower than it is now.

I'm trying to decide what to do with my second pair.

Please state a reason, not just an answer.

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
Yeah, I have always wanted to get in on the action, but now with a family it is really hard. I would still like to make it happen, but I would like to break even on the games I can't go to (in total, not necessarily per game) without much effort.

Not if he can't afford the lower bowl seats.

phillyb, yes from what I understand, only way new people are getting in nowadays is through the lower bowl. The upper bowl has very little turnover and when it does, it seems like lower bowl people are looking to move up.

Only way I would advise to buy lower bowl seats is if you plan to go to most games, I would say at least 30. Or, if you have a group that you could put together to split it up. If you go that route, get the money up front. Every season ticket holder on here knows at least 1 person who in July always wants 5 or 6 games, but in September or October when it is time to ante-up, all of a sudden they can't do it.

I agree with what patnyrnyg said. I have a guy who buys 10 games from me. I have another guy who buys 5 games from me. I donate a game to my buddy's kid's school for auction. I keep 5 pairs, another buddy keeps 5 pairs, and we go to 15 together. I don't make any money on my tickets, but I have not had to eat a ticket in years.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

Aren't the 11th and 13th a Wed and Fri?

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
guys with full season plans, how many games do you go to a season, and for the games that you can't go to are you pretty much guaranteed to beak even in the secondary market?

I think I went to 5 or 6 this year, and only half of those in my actual seat. I've done well this season, but I gave up the opportunity to go to a lot of the higher profile games. I think I sold about 5-10 games below face, and even sold a Friday night Islanders game for $20 on this forum back in December.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
If the Kings win tonight and Wednesday and the Rangers win tomorrow, the Cup Final could conceivably start Saturday night.

Otherwise, think we're stuck with next Wednesday.

That would give us a Saturday home game on June 14th.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
guys with full season plans, how many games do you go to a season, and for the games that you can't go to are you pretty much guaranteed to beak even in the secondary market?

For me it varies. The past 5 years, I have kept anywhere from 10-20 games each season. Have a few people to whom I sell, anywhere from 4-7 games. Usually wind up putting 2-3 on stubhub or the exchange.

I am in the upper 200 corners ($53 face this year). I sell to my regulars for face, but if they stopped buying I could make a nice little profit on my tickets if I sold more on the exchange.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
I think I went to 5 or 6 this year, and only half of those in my actual seat. I've done well this season, but I gave up the opportunity to go to a lot of the higher profile games. I think I sold about 5-10 games below face, and even sold a Friday night Islanders game for $20 on this forum back in December.

I bought that. There was a snowstorm that evening and all news sites/stations were telling people to get home asap. But... hockey.

I wouldn't say you are guaranteed to break even. This is my first year, so I'll admit I mismanaged some tickets $-wise, but I think breaking even depends first and foremost on what price point your tickets are. Now, with the run the team is on now, it may be easier to move early season games next year than it was this year (especially considering the extended homestands due to the renovations).

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011

It depends on the section. I have a pair of cheap piggybacks that I added to my account last year. I made almost $1000 selling all of these but I did lose money on a few early season games. My regular $76 seats have a considerably lower profit margin but I still would have turned a profit if I had sold all of those. It is a completely different story in the lower bowl and gallery seats. I started in lowers behind the goal 6 years ago and that was an expensive season.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
It depends on the section. I have a pair of cheap piggybacks that I added to my account last year. I made almost $1000 selling all of these but I did lose money on a few early season games. My regular $76 seats have a considerably lower profit margin but I still would have turned a profit if I had sold all of those. It is a completely different story in the lower bowl and gallery seats. I started in lowers behind the goal 6 years ago and that was an expensive season.

Row 1 Gallery's yes, Row 2 are a different story.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
do you get a card telling you how long you have been a season ticket holder for? He used that to show proof he has season tickets and will send from account once rangers clinch.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
do you get a card telling you how long you have been a season ticket holder for? He used that to show proof he has season tickets and will send from account once rangers clinch.

Yes, you get a season subscriber card each year in the package with your tickets.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Now, with the run the team is on now, it may be easier to move early season games next year than it was this year (especially considering the extended homestands due to the renovations).

Truth - Rangers could not have picked a better year to bring back the 3 preseason garbage games. Now instead of taking an 80% bath on those I may only lose 40% :nod:

Nothing worse than Montreal though, I think they forcefeed something like SIX preseason games on their STHs

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011
I hope there is no game 6, but if there is, do you all think there is going to be a buying frenzy like game 3, will things stay where they are, or will it be a race to the bottom with the bottom being slightly lower than it is now.

I'm trying to decide what to do with my second pair.

Please state a reason, not just an answer.

I'm wondering about this too for the same reason, typically after a loss prices come down. But since there is no Game 6 without a loss I would think this wont com into play unless we get blown out. It will be an opportunity to clinch so I would think they would ratchet up a little from here but there are 3000 available on Stubhub so I dont think they will soar.
I'd like to hear what other experienced STH think about the market for this game

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I'm wondering about this too for the same reason, typically after a loss prices come down. But since there is no Game 6 without a loss I would think this wont com into play unless we get blown out. It will be an opportunity to clinch so I would think they would ratchet up a little from here but there are 3000 available on Stubhub so I dont think they will soar.
I'd like to hear what other experienced STH think about the market for this game
I think that the price will soar. I am actually surprised at how high the ticket prices have been. I think tickets will be close to triple face for upper bowl tickets. I have a list of people that I sell extras too and I feel bad for some of them as they cant pay $500 a ticket for the ECF

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I think that the price will soar. I am actually surprised at how high the ticket prices have been. I think tickets will be close to triple face for upper bowl tickets. I have a list of people that I sell extras too and I feel bad for some of them as they cant pay $500 a ticket for the ECF

Just looking at the prices of recent sales on SH in the lower 200 corners, prices are have reached 3x my face after fees and approaching $600 per ticket. Much lower on TX, though. If the Rangers lose and game 6 is guaranteed, prices will probably go higher. That'll put me in a bit of a quandry as I'd want to go to the game but those prices (x4) are hard to say no to.

At $600, my net profit would be over $1,400. In a way, the market is pricing even STHs out of going to the game!

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

My gut feeling is that there's too much supply at this price point. I don't see 2900 tickets moving at much more than $500+ when people could save their money to go to a SCF game. Of course people would want to see the POW trophy ceremony, but that's a lot of money to move. I could see the get-in going above $700 if there were like under 1000 tickets left right now, but at 2900 I'd be surprised to see it all move at higher prices.

And BTW, the supply is going up not down. 2935 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->