Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Like I've said before, Hajek passes the eye test because you can't make mistakes when the other team has the puck the entire time you're on the ice.
He doesn't even pass the eye test IMO. Terrible with the puck on his stick, consistently loses puck battles and doesn't seem to know how to use his leverage and body position to box out or tie up forwards. A total zero in transition up the ice and as far as defending the neutral zone it seems like he cedes the blue line with consistency. I really don't get what some of you guys (not directed at you) see in him.

Reactions: Tob

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
EyGCsttXIAE41N8

Kravtsov was good.

Fox and Lindgren, the usual.

Hajek, the usual.

Smith and Hajek were running around in their zone like chickens with their heads cut off and Smith couldn't clear the puck if his life depended on it. There was one shift he must have turned it over three times in his own zone. He's terrible.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Sorry I know a lot of you love Vally and he knows his stuff but how could you not be super critical of this game? Ullmark did not save this game for Buffalo. We got dominated come on.
Mostly even game and both goalies were great.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Hajek and Smith are the anchors around the neck of any line they are on the ice with. Useless in all 3 zones. At least next year we will have Nils and anyone not named Hajek on the left side.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We got rid of Staal and you would think this team would be better than last years but we probably will have a worse record than last season. You are what your record says you are...-Bill Parcells.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
He's also playing on the 2nd line with our best player.....so there's that.

It's been tougher than it needed to be to get to this point and Kaapo not getting OT time is bizarre. I know it's not all doom but there's some gloom.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He doesn't even pass the eye test IMO. Terrible with the puck on his stick, consistently loses puck battles and doesn't seem to know how to use his leverage and body position to box out or tie up forwards. A total zero in transition up the ice and as far as defending the neutral zone it seems like he cedes the blue line with consistency. I really don't get what some of you guys (not directed at you) see in him.
He does the Marc Staal trick to passing the eye test. He makes random pinches that lead to absolutely nothing and everyone sees the pinch. They don't see the nothing.

Reactions: sabremike

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Sorry but you aren't going to survive in this league having to depend on your goalie to bail you out every night.

It didn't work with Hank and it certainly won't with anyone else.

You need to play "team" defense and until that happens no team is going to win anything, let alone a playoff series.

This team is exactly how it's being coached, a college level team.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Question, if a player tries to clear and it gets intercepted at the point is that considered a giveaway? If not what criteria does it need to be considered a giveaway?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
At least Hajek plays 14 minutes a game and him being fried butt is funny to me, as opposed to being one of the linchpins of the team.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Mika Sullivan picking out which baseball bat he wants to use to batter our flamingoes next week rn.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I must have watched a different game. Shesty was very good.
We did nothing to sustain pressure on a team that will finish last in the league. They sustained plenty of pressure.

Shesty played well overall and the team was complete ass all game after like the first 5 minutes.

Reactions: bl02

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I really can't deal with all the negative comments and whining that is going to go on so I'll just say Igor played great, that 2nd goal was not his fault he didn't see it, and our guys didn't score a single goal in the shootout. Panarin tried to be way too fancy, idk wtf that was, just shoot your amazing lazer wrist shot. Nobody goes 5 hole anymore? And Yeah Kakko should have played in OT, it was dumb to not play him in OT and then put him out their as the 3rd shooter in the shootout.

Hey losing 18 games in a row will motivate a team, the Sabres are motivated, they're sick of losing and they won't be easy to beat from here on out. We still have plenty against the Devils and Flyers that we will get points, and we'll beat the Isles too.

Unscreened from above the circles. That 2nd goal is weak as f***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad