Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I know it's not true, but it feels like Kakko and Laf are the least skilled first and second overall picks ever. I mean no razzle dazzle with either of them.
They’re certainly not typical dazzling offensive players. Not yet, at least. But I don’t mind Kakko in the SO. It’s so random. And he did get around the goalie.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really got nothing, lost to Buffalo, who outplayed them. Needed both points since Boston won today.

Oh one thing, Fox with 2 points! Look out Hedman! Lol.

Reactions: egelband

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
The team under AV would take their foot off the gas every game and we'd never lose regardless, or almost never. Honestly, in the first 55 minutes of the game Shesterkin isn't much worse than Hank. But the guy just has absolutely no mental toughness right now. You can set your watch by how often he gives up a goal in a tied game or leading by 1.

So you're upset that Shesty is not playing like Hank, one of the greatest goalies of all time, in his first season? And just because we took our foot off the pedal during the AV years doesn't mean that it's ok. The TEAM needs to be better at closing out games. It shouldn't be on just the goalie. Any other argument against that is silly.

Reactions: egelband

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I am going to die on the hill that Quinn can't communicate with our young european players well enough due to culture and language and there's a disconnect that is causing frustration and miscommunication or poor communication. I will wait 30 years to hear the ESPN documentary on this.

Reactions: Cmox and CLW

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Last game the other night vs the POS Sabres our win felt like a loss.

This time, our loss which was inevitable as they outworked us bigtime vs the POS Sabres felt like a season ender!.

Give the kids as much as ice time as they can handle going forward. Who am I kidding...that will never happen under this regime...ugh!!

Reactions: bl02

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Can the Rangers offense go back to playing the Flyers? Pretty please. With a cherry on top, and whipped cream?

PrettyPrettyPlease_Fullpic_1.png

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So you're upset that Shesty is not playing like Hank, one of the greatest goalies of all time, in his first season? And just because we took our foot off the pedal during the AV years doesn't mean that it's ok. The TEAM needs to be better at closing out games. It shouldn't be on just the goalie. Any other argument against that is silly.

I'm upset that Shesterkin has the talent that Hank has but right now he's a mental midget. And it's ok this year, but we'll go another career of a Ranger goalie that we won't win a cup if he doesn't become mentally stronger. I'm concerned about his future prospects, I really am.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I really can't deal with all the negative comments and whining that is going to go on so I'll just say Igor played great, that 2nd goal was not his fault he didn't see it, and our guys didn't score a single goal in the shootout. Panarin tried to be way too fancy, idk wtf that was, just shoot your amazing lazer wrist shot. Nobody goes 5 hole anymore? And Yeah Kakko should have played in OT, it was dumb to not play him in OT and then put him out their as the 3rd shooter in the shootout.

Hey losing 18 games in a row will motivate a team, the Sabres are motivated, they're sick of losing and they won't be easy to beat from here on out. We still have plenty against the Devils and Flyers that we will get points, and we'll beat the Isles too.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
So now that we lost can we complain about the third lines icetime (Granted didnt watch so idk if it was that bad today)
It wasn't a funny ice time game, I think it was pretty even. People will zero in on the shootout but it's basically a game of chance. Every team has guys who can score sometimes. The giraffe scored. A good NHL team with a top goalie might still lose to the Wolfpack in a shootout 25% of the time.

Ultimately it just looks like a weak-minded group and whether that's being the youngest team in the league, having coaching that...doesn't quite dazzle, the vet group just being a bunch of chill dudes, a tough division with a lot of tough experienced teams, it's where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad