Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Seriously without Panarin we probably lose 3-0 yesterday. The offense on this team leaves a ton to be desired
This might not be popular, but without Panarin the team maybe plays with more urgency, tightening up their game, playing more straight line. He's an elite player, but im beginning to think that he is a vortex that sucks the top guys into believing they all can play that style, and it's not one that is conducive to long term success

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This might not be popular, but without Panarin the team maybe plays with more urgency, tightening up their game, playing more straight line. He's an elite player, but im beginning to think that he is a vortex that sucks the top guys into believing they all can play that style, and it's not one that is conducive to long term success

I totally see what you’re saying but Panarin even when only slightly on his game makes everyone around him much better.
I truly think without him we better be giving up 2 goals or less every game. There is just no one even close to him when it comes to bringing offensive consistency/production

Reactions: will1066

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Are you saying we lost because God forbid our kid line got more than 8 minutes?

I'm saying we had a pp at a crucial time and we started the 2nd pp and it was awful, as it's been most of the year in limited minutes, mins that are limited because its not good. People have to stop looking at the minutes, if you're one of the better players on the ice the minutes will come, no coach leaves their best players on the bench, want more ice? Be a better player, and don't give me the chicken and the egg theory where they won't get better with less minutes. Players learn in practice and execute in games. If you aren't executing, you practice more and watch others who do. The cream always rises to the top, it can't be forced.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
you can clearly see Miller trying to get out of the way and crossing the front. It goes by his ear toughest save to make you’re in between as a goalie.

Not trying to start an argument her but I don´t buy it. I am willing to bet that if the name on the back of the jersey was Georgiev, Kincaid or god forbid Lundqvist, you would be singing another tune.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Pinning the loss on the goalie after we were outplayed most of the game is the most Ranger thing ever

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Larry and the fans coached last night and we lost.... can we go back to leaning on our top players and winning now?

Again, this is why we have charts. People just make things up and repeat them until they're accepted as truth.

Zibanejad played 20:28; season average - 20:24

Fox played 28:07; season average - 24:42

Lafreniere played 12:01; season average - 13:42

Kakko played 14:01; season average - 14:57

That's at all strengths. The vets played more and the kids played less last night than they have most of the season. We literally have multiple posters just making shit up because that's what they think they saw. This is why the "nerds" don't care about your eye test. You're bold-faced wrong and just dying on the hill.

the reason Messiers leadership was so important to the '94 team was because Keenan was a clown. he completely lost that team. you dont need a Messier if the coach isn't a clown. our coach is a clown.
Right, so I'd rather just get a good coach than seek out an idea of a captain that doesn't really exist anymore.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I totally see what you’re saying but Panarin even when only slightly on his game makes everyone around him much better.
I truly think without him we better be giving up 2 goals or less every game. There is just no one even close to him when it comes to bringing offensive consistency/production

I get what you're saying, as well. I think it's weighing the pros and cons. Ultimately it's moot, because he's here for the long run. It'd be ludicrous to force him to change his style of play, and I don't think the rest of the vets are going to change either. So it's going to be up to the kids to bring the more hard-nosed part to the overall attack.

Reactions: bl02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Pinning the loss on the goalie after we were outplayed most of the game is the most Ranger thing ever

Or maybe people expect once in a while for a goalie to steal games for the Rangers and not give up a late tying goal. Being outplayed doesn't mean you automatically lose.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Again, this is why we have charts. People just make things up and repeat them until they're accepted as truth.

Zibanejad played 20:28; season average - 20:24

Fox played 28:07; season average - 24:42

Lafreniere played 12:01; season average - 13:42

Kakko played 14:01; season average - 14:57

That's at all strengths. The vets played more and the kids played less last night than they have most of the season. We literally have multiple posters just making shit up because that's what they think they saw. This is why the "nerds" don't care about your eye test. You're bold-faced wrong and just dying on the hill.

Right, so I'd rather just get a good coach than seek out an idea of a captain that doesn't really exist anymore.

What are you talking about??? im talking about situational ice time mainly pp2 starting a crucial pp and Laf playing in ot and you're going on about nerd charts and minutes and dying on some imaginary hill. If you don't have a clue don't say anything, nobody will know the difference.

Reactions: 9darter

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Seriously without Panarin we probably lose 3-0 yesterday. The offense on this team leaves a ton to be desired

Not really. The offense on this team is pretty good overall when you look at the entire season. They just aren't going to score 4 goals every game. Panarin missed 12 games this year and they are still 10th in goals scored.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They've both been ass basically all season, especially at 5v5 which is a problem since they used to be our best play-driving line.

Horseshit on both counts. Since Mika woke up, he has been better than a PPG for the last 20 games. Kreider leads the team with 17 goals, over a normal 82 game season that's a 38 goal pace. He's streaky but he produces.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What are you talking about??? im talking about situational ice time mainly pp2 starting a crucial pp and Laf playing in ot and you're going on about nerd charts and minutes and dying on some imaginary hill. If you don't have a clue don't say anything, nobody will know the difference.
I don't care what you're talking about. I don't care how you spin it.

The kids did not play more last night than they usually do. Period. We can measure this and it's been pointed out. People still insisting they were "leaned on" more are lying.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Quinn would have needed to call a timeout if pp1 was to go out at the start of that pp. Also, wtf is up with the composition of our pp2. I think he has two defenders on that unit because he's used to throwing them out there at the last 10 seconds of the pp so they're at least caught out there with two defenders. That unit has no quarterback.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not really. The offense on this team is pretty good overall when you look at the entire season. They just aren't going to score 4 goals every game. Panarin missed 12 games this year and they are still 10th in goals scored.
Just counted really quickly but we are averaging a goal a game more with him in the lineup than without him (when he was out from 2/20-3/13). That is pretty significant. I'm not saying we don't have the firepower because we do but this year it just seems more inconsistent and feel with this lineup we should be doing more.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
No more like you were an annoying asshole last game and being annoying about legitimate complaints because “they won”. Well now they lost to the 8 win team they barley beat Thursday, still happy?

Your mental state is a bit better, today, maybe.

You got rid of writing in caps.

I wrote something that perfectly captured your post. You pre-complained without even watching the game.

Now, you're upset again.

I root for the team to win. You root for them to lose.

Good stuff.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
When I say "other coach" am I talking about the other coach we had two weeks ago or the other coach we had like four years ago?

You can get this one, I believe in you!

I'm touched by your faith.

It has to be about AV because I know you don't believe you have enough data to evaluate Knoblauch.

If that is wrong, wow!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm touched by your faith.

It has to be about AV because I know you don't believe you have enough data to evaluate Knoblauch.

If that is wrong, wow!
It's a short sample, but when your AHL coach sees the team perform significantly better than they do under the NHL coach, and revert almost immediately when the NHL coach comes back, it should probably raise some red flags.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's a short sample, but when your AHL coach sees the team perform significantly better than they do under the NHL coach, and revert almost immediately when the NHL coach comes back, it should probably raise some red flags.

Small sample indeed. I know we destroyed Philly twice with Knoblauch, but it was also under Knoblauch where we were a complete no show in a 2-1 loss to the same Flyers. And I HATE Quinn.

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad