Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/1/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Quinn basically just said he doesn’t give a shit about development he’s 3 points out.

glad we hired him to develop the kids

can’t rebuild in NY? It’s not because of the fans. I haven’t heard anyone say I want the playoffs over developing Laf and Kakko other than David Quinn
Agree entirely.

Reactions: Kovalev27

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
I guess you havent been watching much lately if you really think Kakko is a defensive liability.

I guess you haven't been watching much lately if you're that upset that blackwell got an OT shift over Kakko. Again I would have liked to see him get a shift, but at the end of the day they won. You guys can bitch and moan about DQ's decisions all you want but he's coaching this team for the rest of the season and they won a game they needed to win.

Reactions: haveandare

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Trouba has quietly been very good for a while now.

The Chytil line scored the go ahead goal. How is this a valid explanation?

It’s exactly what we’ve thought: one of the reasons for Kakko and Laf starting so slow is that Quinn is drilling defensive discipline first into these guys. They make a mistake, they get benched. No allowance for them to go out and try to score unfettered.

I don’t think I agree that “it’s harder to teach them defensive responsibility later.” No, it’s harder to coax offensive skill from where it doesn’t exist or has wilted. And elite offensive skill is what separates the elite teams from the merely good ones in the end.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Vince doing good work in these pressers. The only one that asks important questions and not some suit asking about perseverance.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Everyone’s missing Quinn’s plan here

They make the playoffs (or are even in the playoffs chase late), he can pivot and say “this playoff chase has been great experience for our kids”

Regardless of how the kids are playing or if they’re contributing lol

You just know that’s coming down the pike

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Quinn basically just said he doesn’t give a shit about development he’s 3 points out.

can’t rebuild in NY? It’s not because of the fans. I haven’t heard anyone say I want the playoffs over developing Laf and Kakko other than David Quinn

Yup.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I still remember when we were 3 points out of a playoff spot when Gorton decided to stick to the plan to do a full rebuild.
Now Boston is .100% above us in the standings and the Flyers are ahead of us too and we're not giving PP, 3v3, and EV minutes to kids that could use it and riding Zibanejad for 25 minutes.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Coach trying to win games in the chase for a playoff spot. What a lunatic.

Can't rebuild in NY isn't based on much in the first place. But this site is absolutely not the place to expect to find people who don't value developing draft picks above all else.

Reactions: and 99 others
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad