Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/1/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
What about our #1 pick? he doesnt matter?

Kakko played great. Glad to see him benched for Rooney late and get no OT time. much deserved

edit - and Kakko didn't lead forwards.
He hasn't been good and wasn't tonight. You play good players when you want to win. Yeah, Kakko should have been in OT. He still led all forward in 5v5 TOI, he didn't get shorted time.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I would not be shocked if the team has some sort of internal deadline (probably the trade deadline) where if they’re very clearly out of it, they’ll just start feeding these kids minutes

But until then Quinn will be riding his vets and 4th line (lol) to win games

Reactions: haveandare and Tob

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
You guys need to lighten up. This is a beating.

Ex7sgOjW8AgXRAJ

Yea... I popped in after Mika won it and I'm as frustrated as anybody about their penchant for finding somehow, someway to give up late goals but there have been far, far, far less deserving wins in my time as a Rangers fan. This is a league where bottom seeds beat up on top seeds in the playoffs almost yearly. Buffalo isn't a junior varsity team. Relax.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
And the guy you drafted first f***ing overall played 8 minuets. You quinn guys will always white knight him even with the most egregious things
Lol I'm not a "Quinn guy" just because I question the ridiculous knee jerk finger pointing that goes on by a group of people on here 24/7.

Laf could maybe earn some ice time by moving his feet and staying involved. If scrubs like Rooney and Blackwell are more noticeable shift to shift than the guy draft first overall, maybe it's their own responsibility.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Lighten up on HFboards? Don't be so naive. lol

Thanks for the chart. Rangers played well, regardless of the meltdown on these boards.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but the type of game they play will not make them a long-term contender. Buffalo is a doormat team. Yes, that team trounced the Flyers, but with the amount of unforced mistakes that they make, we should have taken it to them. But we're a finesse team, no doubt about this. This type of style doesn't translate to the playoffs, where it's trench battles and a war of attrition shift by shift. This east-west and perimeter crap will be useless.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
3rd time Fil has said passive aggressive things like that :laugh:

I was voted the most dramatic and attention seeking person in high school so I know a low key pout when I see one.
I think there are a few guys on this team that dont think too highly of the coach

Reactions: CLW and Tob

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Thats fine but we still struggled to get the win. We still have trouble scoring. The PP completely sucks. We still overpass the puck. We pass up shots. We still start slow every game. The coach's player usage is horrible. Its just frustrating to see this same crap over and over.
We'll be fine with an NHL coach.

Just look what Martin has done for our analytics.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
Yeah, they're in the hunt for a playoff spot and they're running out of possible points to get in. Any coach of any team - and this one admittedly is not a great coach - would also be coaching for the playoffs. That's their job.

Scenario A: Rangers win in overtime: "Fire Quinn!"

Scenario B: Kakko/Lafreniere commit a game-losing defensive mistake and Rangers lose to the Sabres: "Fire Quinn!"

Kakko looked excellent all game, would've liked to see him in OT but he is still a defensive liability. Blackwell had a great game and was +60% on faceoffs prior to that one OT draw. He earned those minutes even though they got caved in.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
I do too but can his deployment be any worse? How is Kreider on in OT over Kakko? Their games couldn’t have been any different tonight. Chytil? He talks about earning ice and he just force feeds it to vets.
Unfortunately I was unable to watch the game, but I sincerely understand what you’re conveying.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Scenario A: Rangers win in overtime: "Fire Quinn!"

Scenario B: Kakko/Lafreniere commit a game-losing defensive mistake and Rangers lose to the Sabres: "Fire Quinn!"

Kakko looked excellent all game, would've liked to see him in OT but he is still a defensive liability. Blackwell had a great game and was +60% on faceoffs prior to that one OT draw. He earned those minutes even though they got caved in.
I guess you havent been watching much lately if you really think Kakko is a defensive liability.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Next game
LAF - Zib - Buch
Bread - Drone - KK
Pool boy - Chytil - Kravtsov
Blackbeard - Tysons trainer - Goat

How ficking hard is that fool?

I would agree this would be the way to get Kravtsov in the lineup and split him and Lafreniere up but I don't see him putting Laf on the top line or moving Kreider off.

Reactions: BBKers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad