Tob

Sep 16, 2017
543qh5.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Bro, i usually agree with you 90% of the time, but man, leave Shesty alone. He played great.

He played well but that first goal was terrible, dropped the puck, let the puck squeeze through his legs. And I don't know if I'd say that game tying goal was bad, but he just does that more often than not in the third this season. To be fair the other goalies do too, so it's a team plague.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
And I'll piss everyone off with this and maybe this is more on the team and I can't say the goal was bad but Shesterkin really needs to stop giving up backbreaker goals in the third. And he needs to do better to fight through screens.

If you keep let you 2 goals a game you're a HOF goalie.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
He played well but that first goal was terrible, dropped the puck, let the puck squeeze through his legs. And I don't know if I'd say that game tying goal was bad, but he just does that more often than not in the third this season. To be fair the other goalies do too, so it's a team plague.
After looking back on that last goal, you are right. Shesty doesnt fight screens well enough. He did play great for us though tonight. He does need to work on his screen battling .

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
It’s because he’s not good in that type of situation. It’s great that he’s emerged as a bottom 6 spark plug and depth scorer but he’s not an open ice type player. He’s a water bug who can get some tips and rebounds and stuff. He 100% should not be out there in OT. You’re not only hurting the team by having Blackwell out there in that situation but your doing a disservice to Blackwell himself bc he’s so out of his depth there. I mean he looked like a Pee Wee out there in OT.

Let alone in a game where Kakko looked amazing in the 3rd period. How does he not touch the ice in the OT? Wtf? Kakko, Chytil and Lafreniere aren’t better options in 3 on 3 than Blackwell? Give me a f***ing break Quinn.

And why is Rooney out there for Kakko late in the game? Kakko is young but he’s one of the best defensive forwards on the team. No reason for him to be sitting in that scenario.
100% this. This coach is complete ****. They get away with these wins because their top guys are that good. He is a scum coach.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Never felt so downtrodden after a W. Felt the whole time that somehow this POS garbage Sabre team was going to beat us and they came damn close.

I dunno....this team played with more heart and juice under Knoblach when he was coaching than they do under Quinn. Hopefully JD is taking notice.

Anyways a win is a win is a win but it felt like a loss...ugh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->