Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recalled Connor Brickley from AHL

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Maybe "kind of trash" this calendar year

Before he was called up to the Rangers, he was close to PPG with Hartford.

He has been "kind of trash" for a SSS of the season.
Not to mention the Rangers are calling up someone to be a 4th line winger, which was everyone’s problem with having Andersson up in the first place

Reactions: Irishguy42

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
17 points in 52 AHL games I'm reallllllllly not sure why they're calling this guy up. There's no point in getting a look at a 26 year old forward who can't score in the AHL. You know what he is.

Either it's just to fill out the roster and they didn't want to call up a prospect to play 5 minutes or maybe there's a trade in the making for some other roster player and they just needed a body for the roster

I would get used to stuff like this over the next year or two. I cannot imagine the Rangers are going to be active on the free agent market. They'll need warm bodies

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Brickley is a known quantity. He's got a good bit of 4th line experience at the NHL level. It looks to me that the Rangers are looking at him now because they figure he'll fit into that kind of role and someone like Lias you'd rather he play in top 9. This is kind of like a Beleskey kind of call up. Play him 7-10 minutes a night or scratch him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I hope there is synergy with Boo then add in Kreider. Then the Rangers will have a real first line.

Funny.
Except Boo with Kreider could actually work, and the one time there was a busted shift, it did, with Nieves carrying the mail for CK who buried it.

An ideal RW for those 2 is W Nylander, if we can swing that.

Back to this thread, good luck to this guy who seems to be a filler.

Everyone calling for Andersson, he needs to skater better first.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
obviously outdated but FYI
pretty typical for a mid-20's bottom 6

Hockey's Future - Connor Brickley
Talent Analysis
Brickley is a two-way player with a dedicated work ethic.
He plays bigger than his size and is strong on the puck and on his skates.
Brickley possesses the requisite skills necessary to play at the pro level and made strides in terms of physical development and tactical play during his college career at the University of Vermont. Brickley plays the full length of the ice and plays mostly mistake-free hockey.
Future
... Brickley plays a sound two-way game well-suited for a lower line role but no longer projects as the consistent scoring forward envisioned when he was the 50th player taken in the 2010 NHL Draft.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wow. Three pages on Connor Brickley. That spells two things:

1. The tank is officially off!
2. Y'all a group of hockey fanatics and need to get a life!

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
We are either drinking heavily or skimming every available piece of news info linking us to anything better than a seventh rounder...I'm starting to see an oasis in the desert :laugh:

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Honestly, if this team really wants to tank after the deadline, leave Andy’s son up, call up John Fogerty and the rest of CCR, call up Gettinger, call up Gropp, call up Cliff Ronning, tell Mika he’s getting an all expenses paid dj seminar with Paulie D, tell Kreider to take time off and finally practice boxing lessons with Fotiu, tell Hank to work on his tan in Fiji, and call up Halverson:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad