Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recall Phillip Di Giuseppe from Wolfpack and assign Steven Fogarty to Wolfpack

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Happy with this. Forgarty didnt do much for me, give someone else a shot there. Vinni needs a callup soon too. He's been crushing it down there last few weeks.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah Fogarty didn't have much opportunity, but did absolutely nothing when he was there. PDG is a typical fourth line-type. Hopefully he does better than Nieves, McKegg, Haley, etc.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
this sends a positive message to the guys down in hartford I think that you will be rewarded for your play down there...but probably means little for the rangers since the 4th line doesn't play

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Rearranging the deck chairs folks...

This is how I feel. Di Giuseppe, Fogarty, Nieves, McKegg, Haley. All AAAA guys.

You have a contender when everyone wants your fourth liners. No one wants ours.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Fogarty pretty much did nothing. DiG is a bit younger has 150 NHL games under his belt and plays more physical. So it is a good move.

Reactions: CasusBelli

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
DiGiuseppe is a really good skater--better than Fogarty. I like Fogarty--he's a really good AHL player. The other thing about DiGiuseppe this year anyway--he shoots the puck. In Hartford this year for instance--Fogarty has 48 shots in 32 games--Nieves has 45 shots in 37 games, O'Regan has 55 shots in 39 games. DiGiuseppe has 134 shots in 39 games. Lettieri is the only other forward over 100 with 115 in 39 games. So DiGiuseppe skates very well and he's not shy about shooting the puck and he's good defensively. Those are good qualities. I'm more hopeful about him.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We’ve had a couple of AAAA guys in recent history who I thought were adequate. Carey, Brinkley come to mind with whom I was perfectly content.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Mckegg is also not very physical, we need to improve our 4th line. DiG probably makes it better. I would also trade McKegg for a 7th rounder or something and call up Beleskey or Gettinger or Lettieri (not a lot of choice we have such garbage forwards at Hartford)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I can understand not wanting to spend any money on the fourth line right now since we're not really competing, but I hope moving forward they're willing to actually commit some resources there. Like don't come out with three guys making the NHL minimum, a rookie, and a goon, and say, "here's our fourth line!" I broke it down in another post but back when we had guys like Moore, Boyle, Dorsett, etc. on that line, we spent something like 14% of the cap there. The only guy making the minimum was Fast on his ELC. And those guys made a real difference each night.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I can understand not wanting to spend any money on the fourth line right now since we're not really competing, but I hope moving forward they're willing to actually commit some resources there. Like don't come out with three guys making the NHL minimum, a rookie, and a goon, and say, "here's our fourth line!" I broke it down in another post but back when we had guys like Moore, Boyle, Dorsett, etc. on that line, we spent something like 14% of the cap there. The only guy making the minimum was Fast on his ELC. And those guys made a real difference each night.

I’m sure it will be addressed in due time, because it was addressed in the past.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

I don't for a second believe that JD and gorton think that a 4th line doesn't have value or that the issue won't be resolved when we are ready to move forward. the current situation is nothing more than the current situation between dress smith as a winger so he can kill penalties and not having depth overall, I don't think its part of the long term plans

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I’m sure it will be addressed in due time, because it was addressed in the past.
I hope. I mean I can remember like two seasons maybe where the fourth line was legit. This administration is basically the old administration so I worry that they'll do a bad job with it, too. Really our fourth line has been a joke for much of the last 15 years. Part of it is the insistence on carrying goons.

Also re: Beleskey, I'm pretty sure he'd have been up if not for his cap number. I think the team wants to bank as much space as possible. If he's still around after the TDL he probably comes up.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I hope. I mean I can remember like two seasons maybe where the fourth line was legit. This administration is basically the old administration so I worry that they'll do a bad job with it, too. Really our fourth line has been a joke for much of the last 15 years. Part of it is the insistence on carrying goons.

Also re: Beleskey, I'm pretty sure he'd have been up if not for his cap number. I think the team wants to bank as much space as possible. If he's still around after the TDL he probably comes up.

What if he comes up and plays well then we can move him @50% for a pick at the deadline.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

I'd have to go back and look at a list of the 4th lines but I feel like our 4th lines have been pretty good until recent years with the rebuild...starting with the hbo line then boyle, moore, prust, etc

Reactions: Ola and kovazub94

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
If I recall Di Giuseppe is a really fast skater correct? Maybe he and McKegg can find some chemistry together since both can fly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad