Prospect Info: Rangers ranked #1 by The Athletic

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
the benefit to drafting high and often is you restock the talent pool. quickly.

when there are more fish in the pool and less food, the weak ones die, the strong survive. competition separates naturally.

the more talent we add, the harder it will be for LA to get the minutes everyone believes he needs to show hes a top 6 forward. he may not even be a top 9 guy here in a few years. the talent will see to that.

im not saying hes not NHL calibre. not at all. I'm not sure what he is based upon his body of work so far.

time will tell.
If you think about it, it's crazy. Teams draft seven, sometimes more, players each year and it's not crazy to see 3, 4, 5 of them make the parent club. That could be 25% of the roster in one fell swoop. Every year. If the drafting is good. And the Rangers seem to have gotten their drafting pretty damn good.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
After a peak at Traverse I’d be pretty comfortable with letting Kravstov ride shotgun to Panarin and Zbad where he can use his creativity and be the “least” of the opposing team’s worries, giving him some space to be dangerous. He’d undoubtedly thrive with those guys. Couldn’t see him not approaching 50 points on that line.

Kaako drives play more. I wouldn’t at all mind a second line of Kreider, Chytil, Kaako. This is not exactly chump change. Chytil should take a step and Kreider is a good vet who creates space. I think these two as our top lines would be quiet good.

Run Lemieux and Buchnevich on the wings on the third line. You can rotate any and all of Strome, Howden, Andersson and Namestnikov through center. Start with Strome probably. Lemieux has upside and his energy is contagious and would rub off well on all of those guys who might need a little extra kick in the pants, as he seemed to be a good influence on Buch last year. I like keeping them together. With a little chemistry that’s a very solid third line.

Fourth line is Namestnikov, Howden/Andersson, and Fast. I don’t like burying a kid on the fourth line but Namestnikov and Fast aren’t plugs like some fourth lines and they both have good two-way games. Could be a nice responsible line that takes advantage of some softer matchups.

We could definitely roll four lines with a fairly good distribution. Certainly not equal, but we don’t need to limit our fourth line to 6 minutes a game.
This makes a lot of sense but I do hesitate to not put Buchnevich in a better position to succeed. I'd put Buchnevich in that Kravtsov spot and let Kravtsov start the season in the AHL. Then if that doesn't work, try the way you suggest.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
This makes a lot of sense but I do hesitate to not put Buchnevich in a better position to succeed. I'd put Buchnevich in that Kravtsov spot and let Kravtsov start the season in the AHL. Then if that doesn't work, try the way you suggest.

Now that we’ve seen Kravstov in some preseason games this seems like the clear route for starting the season. I wouldn’t be surprised to eventually see him in that slot, possibly by the end of the year, but for now I’m sure he’ll get some
AHL seasoning. Buch needs to take a step forward this year. If not, it may be best to let him ride shotgun to inflate his numbers a bit and sell high.

Reactions: egelband

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Pronmans latest is abysmal...reranks the 2018 draft.... kravtsov is like 15....Miller is 35 I think....I didn't even see lundkvist

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Looks like he has Kravtsov at #9 in his redraft, Denisenko and Dobson are two players that jumped ahead of him, while others fell behind.

Keane ahead of Lundkvist is a mystery to me. Keane is closer to the NHL right now, but he was a year older at the draft. Nils did well in a men's league last season, while Keane did well in the OHL. Nils should be higher on this list.

If he wants to argue that he should be ranked lower than he was pick, that's fine, but it shouldn't be much lower. I don't think too many players have jumped ahead of him.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Pronmans latest is abysmal...reranks the 2018 draft.... kravtsov is like 15....Miller is 35 I think....I didn't even see lundkvist

Kravtsov is 9 and Miller is 17. Lundkvist is 53.

Pronman says in the comments that he's continuing to "monitor" Lundkvist

Reactions: Thirty One

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
If Keane is "closer" to the NHL, it's only because he's in the AHL currently and could theoretically be called up. His skill set and overall game is definitely not closer to NHL-ready. If you brought Nils over and had him compete one-on-one with Keane for a spot, Nils would crush him.

Pronman has confirmed: Hartford is closer to NYC than Sweden.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Kravtsov is 9.... Miller is 17. I think you are looking at where Pronman had them back in 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad