Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Is there a link to paliotta situation?

Over last few years Rangers have had 5 goalies under contract plus an AHL contract. Lundquist and backup, Hartford veteran and two prospects. Halverson and Nell are two prospects. Rangers need to sign Raanta and Helberg replacements. Skapski sems to be the odd man out. I didn't check but if the Russian goalie turns 22 next year he would still be draft eligible and couldn't be signed by the Rangers. If he turns 22 this year he would be a free agent.

Paliotta non-QO surprise to me, the others no great losses
wonder if Russion G who plays in Finland has out clause from his 3 year extension, takes Skapski's place

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Researching some of the undrafted players & some seem to be pretty good options. Players that I like....

- Colt Conrad (Been high on him for two years now)
- Aleksandar Georgiev (Triple Overager who put up good numbers in Liiga)
- Griffin Luce (Went undrafted last year & this year. Good project defensive defender)
- Ryan Moore (Tiny double Overager who has progressed every year)
- Andrew Oglevie (This one is my favorite out of all the undrafted players. Tiny offensive dynamo for The Irish this past season)
- Kyle Pettit (Ex-Vancouver prospect that wasn't signed this summer & reentered the draft. Big guy who can dig)
- Pavel Poryadin (Triple Overager who is tiny, but consistently in the KHL)
- Joseph Snively (Tiny triple Overager is above PPG in NCAA)

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Very surprising to me re: Paliotta. I thought he had a very good year when healthy. I guess the team felt otherwise. Again though, RHD are still sort of a commodity.

Do we know this for sure? there were a few other RFA's (Hartford guys) not mentioned at all, I assumed we'll know about them closer to the actual deadline. I can't see why they wouldn't qualify him, we need good D in Hartford.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
.. I didn't check but if the Russian goalie turns 22 next year he would still be draft eligible and couldn't be signed by the Rangers. If he turns 22 this year he would be a free agent.

Ric - as i understand it (recall Tolchinsky) by having undrafted kids at prospect camp, TC (or equivelent), or training camp, teams have a finite window to sign those kids (maybe until their league season begins?)

btw last year NYR had G Joseph Raaymakers at TC, maybe at Prospect Camp?, supposedly could have been signed to ELC,
went back to SSM but only played goal in 10 games,
he went undrafted again this year

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Do we know this for sure? there were a few other RFA's (Hartford guys) not mentioned at all, I assumed we'll know about them closer to the actual deadline. I can't see why they wouldn't qualify him, we need good D in Hartford.

Zipay did mention in article Donnay not qualified,
maybe in article, def by tweet, Cataenacci non-QO

havent seen mention of Beck, who could be QO'd, to retain rights if/when he returns from KHL

Last edited:

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Zipay did mention in article Donnay not qualified,
maybe in article, def by tweet, Cataenacci non-QO

havent seen mention of Beck, who could be QO'd, to retain rights if/when he returns from KHL
I found the Zipay article after posting, seems like he's not. Interestingly capgeek shows Paliotta as RFA while some other guys like Skapski, Pirri, Clendo as UFA. Very surprising to me if Paliotta didn't get a QO'd, lots of young guys next season on D, he seemed to be a steady player down there for them.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Last edited:

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Look like Kovacs might be in trouble with the law. Now it isn't official that it is him but if you connect the dots it sure looks like it.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/OVy3A/svenskt-hockeyproffs-inblandad-i-dodsolyckan

Him and a friend were racing and travelling in over 125 mph. His friend crashed and lost his life. Reckless driving, and, but not likely, Involuntary manslaughter on the table.

Thats very very likely him. Seen him post stuff like that on his Instagram time and time again.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Oh jeez. That's awful if it is him.

I see him posting stuff about his car all the time on IG. Haven't seen something new in a while though...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There hasn't been any confirmation that Paliotta won't be qualified, only that he has not yet been qualified.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
There hasn't been any confirmation that Paliotta won't be qualified, only that he has not yet been qualified.

Would be a mistake not to qualify him. Was a bright spot in an otherwise terrible HWP year.

When Matt Pfeffer's AHL WAR metric was up, I believe Paliotta led the team last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->