Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Andy Bernard would be proud.

I am quite proud.

Barron's assist was on the PP off a faceoff. He got the puck in the slot, made a good move to get by the defender and found a wide open teammate backside for an easy goal. Quinnipiac seemed to give up early in the 2nd, and Cornell apparently eased off in the 3rd though I missed that due to my men's league game.

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
I am quite proud.

Barron's assist was on the PP off a faceoff. He got the puck in the slot, made a good move to get by the defender and found a wide open teammate backside for an easy goal. Quinnipiac seemed to give up early in the 2nd, and Cornell apparently eased off in the 3rd though I missed that due to my men's league game.

Quinnipiac pulled their starter once they were down 5-1 and their other goalie wasn’t healthy enough to dress, so another kid got his first minutes in net. Didn’t go so well for him. Although after watching the goals it really wasn’t on him - a few of them were one timers or tick tack toe plays from the slot.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Not sure if anyone has read Carp’s latest mailbag, but I thought this tidbit was quite funny considering some of us were giving him crap

Jason D: Where do you rank the Rangers farm system among the NHL teams as far as potential NHL talent after the trade deadline?
Carp: I don’t want to open that can of worms again – last month I didn’t want to speculate on which prospects from other teams the Rangers were targeting, and Twidiots overreacted, or misread it, on Twitter.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Not sure if anyone has read Carp’s latest mailbag, but I thought this tidbit was quite funny considering some of us were giving him crap

Why would anyone think someone like Carpinello would have insight into how the Rangers farm system ranks around the NHL? I know there's a lot of swamp on this site, but, some of the best insight into prospects does come from here, or posters who have branched out from here.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Day had a couple of assists. He has recorded a ton since moving to Kingston and now has 45 points in 47 games overall. His previous high was last season with 37 in 63 games (though he did have 15 goals then as opposed to five this year).

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Unless they are saying the overall depth is the reason for the low rating. But they added Howden, Rykov and Lindgren, who would arguably be in the top 150.

Seems like garbage.

It could be that they put together those rankings before all the trades.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Rykov Lindgren and Howden were in our top 10 so I don't think its that

It’s very possible they added them into the top-10 list and changed the tag on who owns their rights in the top-100 without changing the team ranking. Those things are a lot easier to do than reevaluating your whole list.

Then again, even with those new additions, I don’t think our farm is particularly impressive yet.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It’s very possible they added them into the top-10 list and changed the tag on who owns their rights in the top-100 without changing the team ranking. Those things are a lot easier to do than reevaluating your whole list.

Then again, even with those new additions, I don’t think our farm is particularly impressive yet.

Still think they would be in the 15-20 range. Will look at lot different after the draft.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Rykov Lindgren and Howden were in our top 10 so I don't think its that

No, I know that they are in our top 10, but they may not have adjusted the team vs team rankings based on that. Maybe someone who cares more than I do can send them a tweet and find out for sure.

Regardless, I'd imagine our ranking will be higher next year.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Already 5 picks in first 45 this summer. Zuke is likely to be converted into another pick or two in that range. The Rangers will not have much of graduating prospects, but other teams will. Post draft the Rangers should be right in the middle of a pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->