Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If we're comparing Chytil and Pettersson--Chytil is 10 months younger. He's practically the youngest guy in his draft class and Pettersson like Andersson is on the other end as one of the oldest. Any case I think an argument could be made that Pettersson might be the best player in this draft however I still lean towards Hischier who has put up 41 points for the Devils this year and I really don't like the Devils and am not happy about crediting them for anything. He's not McDavid but he's a serious player and those are serious NHL numbers for an 18 year old to have. I'd doubt that if Pettersson were playing for the Canucks he'd be doing any better than that.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think he's referring to the fact that Chytil's contract can slide again if he doesn't play 10 or more games next year, but I seriously doubt the Rangers will care about that if Chytil shows that he is ready. Leaving him in the AHL when he is ready for the NHL buys us another year, but it won't do much for Chytil's development.

Exactly. If he has nothing to learn in the AHL (Which I don't agree with), by all means, call him up.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
New York Rangers: Brett Howden, C
I welcomed all our New York subscribers to The Athletic the other week by pointing out that the former first-round pick they acquired at the trade deadline probably projected as a third-line center. Much love ensued in my mentions. However, as of late, Howden has been on a tear scoring-wise in the WHL, and one NHL scout I talked to said he’s looked as good as he’s ever seen him. Does that mean he projects as an NHL scorer now? It’s borderline, and even that scout wasn’t 100 percent convinced. But Howden can make plays, it’s just a question of how high-end he is in the skill/speed department.

Pronman: Around the farms -- Hope for the Red Wings?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
From Friedman's 31 thoughts:

26. I also asked Cosentino for his opinion on Libor Hajek, who the Rangers wanted from Tampa in the Ryan McDonagh deal. He said Hajek’s game went to a new level at the 2018 world juniors, where the Czech Republic reached the semi-finals for first time in 12 years and has benefited by playing meaningful minutes since being acquired by Memorial Cup host Regina. One thing Sam said I really liked: that Hajek, who originally played for WHL Saskatoon, studied the city and history of the team before going there. I think that kind of intellectual curiosity says a lot about a person.

Says a lot about the player they traded for. Drury kept bringing up character.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Howden with another goal and assist last night.

Kid always seems to be one of the three stars of the game, even if he isn't the game's leading scorer.

Hajek scored in his last game as well.

Both guys back at it tomorrow night on the road.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Howden with another goal and assist last night.

Kid always seems to be one of the three stars of the game, even if he isn't the game's leading scorer.

Hajek scored in his last game as well.

Both guys back at it tomorrow night on the road.
I posted the clips above if you haven’t seen. They were typical Howden plays: smart with the puck around the net and just being in the right spot.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Huska hasn't played in well over a month with the wrist injury, and tonight gets the start in the Hockey East tournament. Shows you how much they like the kid.

Reactions: kovazub94

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Howden went pointless in a loss against Prince Albert. Regina is up 1-0, and Hajek is a +1, no points

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ronning scored his 57th, which now means he has scored as many goals this year as his previous 3 seasons combined. Granted 3 years ago he played 24 games and only had 1 goal, but still. Damn. When you talk about going back for your over-age year to dominate, he sure as shit has done that.

Reactions: Joey Bones

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Huska and UCONN lost 5-4 in OT. Huska stopped 33 of 38 shots in the game. Game 2 in the series is tonight. UCONN loses and they are out of the HE tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad