Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hughes is a long shot. If he makes it he makes it and if he doesn't he doesn't. I would think at the very least he's going to need 2 years at Northeastern U. after this year and the probability is more than that--and maybe a year or two in the minors. So his landing in the NHL time if it happens will probably be around 24 or 25. At least he should be physically mature by then. If I were giving him advice I'd tell him to take the Carl Hagelin route---work on his skating, endurance and two way game. Guys entering the NHL at that age usually aren't going to be top 6 forwards.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I like Hughes. Interesting, upside pick. Some professional journos are high on him. I just don't really care what he does in the BCHL with Newhook. We won't get a real read on him until he gets to college.
Luckily he’s going to a pretty solid program with a really good coach. I don’t think they’ll be as good as they were with Gaudette leading the way, but Primeau is a good enough college goalie to keep them in games for a whole season. Hughes should easily step into top-6 minutes for them next season

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pajuniemi scored his first goal today. 1-1-2 in 13 games now. Played 11:30+.

Reunanen managed to be E in a 7-2 loss, where he played 18:30. He had a few shots.

Rykov plays 20:30 and had 5 shots, no points and was E.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I also see that for a second consecutive season, Dominik Lakatos has been demoted for a couple games to HC Benatky nad Jizerou in the WSM Liga (second division). You can stick a form in him, because he's done.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Pajuniemi scored his first goal today. 1-1-2 in 13 games now. Played 11:30+.

Reunanen managed to be E in a 7-2 loss, where he played 18:30. He had a few shots.

Rykov plays 20:30 and had 5 shots, no points and was E.

I love seeing Rykov racking up big minutes in the KHL. That will help him moving forward. Hopefully Gorton can find a way to clear some room on the back-end for a couple of young players next year

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
They honored you by getting their asses kicked worse than Traktor did when you went to see them.

Yeah haha. And at the game I just met someone who writes a blog about European hockey. He's from NY, and heard me talk about Pashnin. We started talking, exchanged info and it turns out he's followed me on Twitter for over a year. He was shocked hahahaha. He couldn't believe it was me :laugh:

Reactions: Go Away Staal

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wall gave up 4 goals on 27 shots and took the loss.

Huska stopped 24 of 26 for the win.

Barron had nothing.

Kjellberg has no points with just a few minutes left.

Gross had an assist and 4 PIM.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I love seeing Rykov racking up big minutes in the KHL. That will help him moving forward. Hopefully Gorton can find a way to clear some room on the back-end for a couple of young players next year

I just don't see him making the Rangers, I think he should be included in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->