Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
When was the last time a player was in the middle of a season in the NHL and they sent him to the world juniors (besides Duclair cuz they sent him back to juniors right after)? Nuge?

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Sending Chytil to the WJC would be a mistake. He's an NHL player now.

If he doesn't perform to the sky high expectations that will be placed on him, he may have to work to rebuild his confidence when he gets back, and regardless of his performance he will have to get back up to NHL speed once he returns.

The kid is learning how to be a professional in the best league in the world and has already had one big leap in development this year; playing against kids on thrown together teams is more likely to be disruptive to that process than it is to help it along.
And he would probably play with scrubs while Necas gets all the toys in Zadina and Kaut.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Figured these would be fun to look at. I picked numbers they've worn or close to it.

5nJYmBs.png
rid7QGm.png

scMhlTV.png
lr4pHd6.png

rOwm9QD.png
UvVPAef.png

XnQ1PGy.png

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He wears 19 at Wisconsin. We can pull that off Fast nonproblem.

Digging Kravstovs 74

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Oh duh Ratelle we just retired it. Fast is wearing 17. Well let’s tske that from him then lol

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
When was the last time a player was in the middle of a season in the NHL and they sent him to the world juniors (besides Duclair cuz they sent him back to juniors right after)? Nuge?

I’ve seen it happen a few times — and every time I can recall the result has been a disaster. The kid hasn’t performed at all.

It’s a big adjustment to go from juniors to the NHL. Going back to juniors is just as big advantage. You cheat at that level because it gives you an advantage, not because you don’t know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad