Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Considering Miller is probably the best overall 18 year old dman in the NCAA he better be a lock. And quite frankly Joey Keane is probably the most polished righty U20 dman in the United States. Be stupid for him not to make it.

Agree, the only two guys we need to hedge our bets on making WJC are the Swedes.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I didn't see it posted anywhere so just making an update that Rykov made Russia's second (so called "Olympic") national team. OTC Bear Gloves on this squad too.
Yes, I believe Shesterkin played some games with this team last year, as well.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I expect lindkvist to make the team and play solid mins. But ragnarsson id still be shocked if he gets any mins he should be pumped that he made it this far though.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm watching a Dubuque game. Kjellberg.

He actually got up and put a few shots on net, which I wasn't expecting as he barely averages half a shot per game. So, good there. Contrary to his own belief, he's an average skater at best. He was not engaged physically, though he was pretty sound positionally.

All in all, I don't know. He looked like a pretty average USHL player. Certainly nothing stood out. Doesn't really look like a prospect. There about 9 minutes left and I'm done, LOL. I said I would check him out and I did it. :laugh:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
No reason to send Chytil...

respectfully, I couldn't disagree more,
no reason not to,
this NHL season don't matter much,

this WJC offers a rare early career opportunity for Chytil,
not only to play for his country,
but as as a top gun, and in leadership role.

let him go for a couple weeks
and provide Fogarty/Nieves/Meskanin some Quinn time

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He should be better than the vast majority of kids there. I see little to gain by playing against a bunch of kids that you're substantially better than.

I think it's nuts to suggest the NHL season doesn't matter much. Maybe from a win-loss perspective, sure, but the NHL is where our young guys are going to be doing their real development. Chytil has way more to gain developmentally playing against NHL players and even practicing with his NHL team than he does playing against 18 and 19 year old kids, half of whom play on total garbage teams.

Playing for his country, playing in a leadership role, all that, if he develops (which he will do best in the NHL), there will be plenty of opportunities for that down the road. I mean he played for his country last year in the WJC, a bunch more U20 games, the EHT, and got time in the World Championship. Another U20 tournament isn't going to do anything for him other than maybe provide some fun memories.

He has, to me, established that he is an NHL player and he should only be playing in tournaments with NHL-level competition. No kiddie tournaments.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
respectfully, I couldn't disagree more,
no reason not to,
this NHL season don't matter much,

this WJC offers a rare early career opportunity for Chytil,
not only to play for his country,
but as as a top gun, and in leadership role.

let him go for a couple weeks
and provide Fogarty/Nieves/Meskanin some Quinn time
With all due respect to you and to Fil, being a top gun and a leader is not synonymous. Chytil is not very vocal at all on the ice or in the lockerroom and will not be playing a leadership role if he were to go to the WJC, he would be there as heavy artillery.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
But he was called up. He is no 7. It just depends on whether or not we release him

Well I didn't know the Czech team was after him though it's not surprising they are. It's not really the same deal as Duclair a few years ago who was being scratched or not getting a lot of minutes when he wasn't. Chytil's pretty much been on a regular rotation on one of the three main lines. We do have Zucc coming back and Buchnevich isn't far away--so maybe it would be good for him but still he's been a regular (as in not even scratched once) for us all season.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Sending Chytil to the WJC would be a mistake. He's an NHL player now.

If he doesn't perform to the sky high expectations that will be placed on him, he may have to work to rebuild his confidence when he gets back, and regardless of his performance he will have to get back up to NHL speed once he returns.

The kid is learning how to be a professional in the best league in the world and has already had one big leap in development this year; playing against kids on thrown together teams is more likely to be disruptive to that process than it is to help it along.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad