Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Was mentioned in the Lundkvist thread, but he made SWE U20 4 Nations roster. Barring whoever Sweden gets from NHL/AHL teams, I think he'll be on SWE's WJC roster, as well!!

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good for him. Local florida boy!
We should play the game "Let's Remember Some Guys" where we all just post some guys we remember. They don't have to be special, just the type of guy where if you heard his name you be like, "I remember that guy." It's a regular column on Deadspin but they don't do it with Hockey Guys. Someone should make a thread. :laugh:

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We should play the game "Let's Remember Some Guys" where we all just post some guys we remember. They don't have to be special, just the type of guy where if you heard his name you be like, "I remember that guy." It's a regular column on Deadspin but they don't do it with Hockey Guys. Someone should make a thread. :laugh:
Sounds great, but I'm probably the worst for that. When Joe M. brought up calle Andersson in the last game i was like holy crap I completely forgot about him. I remember one offseason everyone thought he'd come in and be a Stralman-lite player instantly lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I'll go. Shane McColgan. He was on fire in Kelowna at age 16/17 and was mentioned in the same breath as Nugent-Hopkins. We picked him in the 4th round after he dropped due to injuries. I was ecstatic. He left the WHL for the Vees in the BCHL and earned a PTO with the Kings.

In 2016, I met him in Tilburg when he played in the Netherlands where he scored at a PPG in the Oberliga Nord (The Netherlands has a team in the German 3rd division)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Vladimir Vorobev was recently fired from the head-coaching position with Dinamo Moscow.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'll go. Shane McColgan. He was on fire in Kelowna at age 16/17 and was mentioned in the same breath as Nugent-Hopkins. We picked him in the 4th round after he dropped due to injuries. I was ecstatic. He left the WHL for the Vees in the BCHL and earned a PTO with the Kings.

In 2016, I met him in Tilburg when he played in the Netherlands where he scored at a PPG in the Oberliga Nord (The Netherlands has a team in the German 3rd division)
Awesome. I started a thread. I'm sure you can contribute a great deal to it! :laugh:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah they said the blood clot was in the retinal artery and the blockage could choke cells and kill them, which would result in permanent blindness. That's I guess the issue, whether or not he can get any of that straight-ahead vision back naturally, because there's not a whole lot that can be done medically. He had been really good as a rookie apparently, which really sucks for a guy whose dream was to make it. Sounds like he would have. Hopefully he still can.

Also Daniel Walcott who was once our guy before we traded him to Tampa for the pick the eventually became Tyler Nanne, injured his shoulder and is out six months. He was apparently going to wear the C for the AHL affiliate and was their leader and had an outside chance at getting some games with TBL. Sucks for him as well.

Ryan Graves is being Ryan Graves out in Colorado. Zborovskiy is stuck playing in the VHL after starting in the KHL. Brad Morisson is 2-1-3 in his first 6 AHL games. Keegan Iverson went to play Canadian College. Nezejchleb is being mediocre in the Slovak league. Calle Andersson plays in NLA and Thomas Spelling is in Denmark where he has become a star. Ceresnak and his weird hairline play in the Czech league. Christian Thomas left to play in the SHL. Ethan Werek finally went overseas to the Czech league after never making the NHL. Daniel Maggio is now an AHL goon. Tomas Kundratek has been in the KHL for the past 3 years and now plays for Kunlun. And this concludes your roundup of guys you haven't thought about for a while.
Where’s Danny Kristo:scared:

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
this about when I started following prospects. I therefore remember almost every single one of those guys in vivid detail.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Was mentioned in the Lundkvist thread, but he made SWE U20 4 Nations roster. Barring whoever Sweden gets from NHL/AHL teams, I think he'll be on SWE's WJC roster, as well!!

Yeah that is the question, is Liljeros coming? How about Rasmus Sandin?

Brannstrom is also an unknown, but as a LD less relevant in NLs race.

A reported picking a squad had all three on the roster and NL as just missing the cut...

Last edited:

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Yeah that is the question, is Liljeros coming? How about Rasmus Sandin?

Brannstrom is also an unknown, but as a LD less relevant in NLs race.

A reported picking a squad had all three on the roster and NL as just missing the cut...
Isn't Sandin also a left handed dman?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lundkvist should have a good shot at the WJC squad but it's all up to him, he needs to improve and re-take his spot in Luleås top 6, if he does that then he'll be on that team.

Maybe he could make the squad as a forward. :sarcasm:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

Wasn't that long ago when many thought he and Michael St. Croix could both be future impact Rangers.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Wasn't that long ago when many thought he (McColgan) and Michael St. Croix could both be future impact Rangers.

that smurf generation ... also included Ryan Bourque, Christian Thomas, and Mr. Marchessault,

we stuck with the wrong ones ...
need Ty Ronning to be The One

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
that smurf generation ... also included Ryan Bourque, Christian Thomas, and Mr. Marchessault,

we stuck with the wrong ones ...
need Ty Ronning to be The One
JAM spurned us, so that sucked in retrospect. Though he took some years to blossom, so even if he signed here there's no guarantee we ever would have seen him make an impact.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
JAM spurned us, so that sucked in retrospect. Though he took some years to blossom, so even if he signed here there's no guarantee we ever would have seen him make an impact.

Maybe I recall incorrecttly
but I thought he left because we only offered an AHL contract,
while CBJ offered an ELC.

If so, you could say we spurned him, after a strong rookie AHL season,

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Maybe I recall incorrecttly
but I thought he left because we only offered an AHL contract,
while CBJ offered an ELC.

If so, you could say we spurned him, after a strong rookie AHL season,
He was on an AHL, we offered an ELC and he signed with CBJ because he thought he’d have an easier path to the NHL roster

Reactions: Joey Bones

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Right he actually initially refused an ELC from us to sign an AHL deal because he was confident that after one year he'd get more offers and a better deal than just having the Rangers and what was probably in the minimum range for an ELC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->