Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Correct but quick reminder that this is simply to stay in shape
:laugh: I know, dude. It's the same thing for Huska playing the the Slovak League which is basically sub-ECHL and any other prospects playing in lesser leagues. It's a place where they can be comfortable while getting game reps as they get ready for the season.

I just point it out so people don't go, "Wow, he's CRUSHING it this season!" I mean he is, but he should be. It's not a shot at him or anything. Just context.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
:laugh: I know, dude. It's the same thing for Huska playing the the Slovak League which is basically sub-ECHL and any other prospects playing in lesser leagues. It's a place where they can be comfortable while getting game reps as they get ready for the season.

I just point it out so people don't go, "Wow, he's CRUSHING it this season!" I mean he is, but he should be. It's not a shot at him or anything. Just context.

Yeah. I'm not going to get all excited over 3 assists but at the same time, it's what we needed to see from him. I can't wait for things to go back to normal

Reactions: Ola and Rongomania

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So I guess we won't be able to draw any real development inferences from OHL stats this season lol.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Wouldn't be surprised if they released this this early to generate the outrage and put some pressure on the province to reconsider their stance.

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
the NHL would never consider this right??

to be clear this was not a decision by the OHL cause they think its a good idea...this is the government in ontario telling them either they do it or they can't play. the OHL simply decided this is better than not playing at all

Reactions: JCProdigy

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
to be clear this was not a decision by the OHL cause they think its a good idea...this is the government in ontario telling them either they do it or they can't play. the OHL simply decided this is better than not playing at all
So no hitting when we play the Leafs or Sens?

A typical Leafs-Rangers game I guess.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindbum only stopped 16/19 but got the W.

Tarnstrom (J20) was scoreless. 6 points in 10 games for him.

Pajuniemi had a secondary assist and 3 shot attempts in 17:45.

Aaltonen had nothing in under 10 minutes.

Reunanen had 2 assists. 2-7-9 in 7 for him. 12 shot attempts, LOL.

Reactions: Daves a mess

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If OHL eliminates checking this season then we need to figure out how to get our OHL boys out of there. There will be no development for them with no hitting, especially considering both their games relies on that pretty heavily.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If OHL eliminates checking this season then we need to figure out how to get our OHL boys out of there. There will be no development for them with no hitting, especially considering both their games relies on that pretty heavily.
Where would you send them? All the pro leagues elsewhere in the world are well underway, and probably wouldn't be super-interested in taking B/C-grade CHL players anyway.

IDK, I don't think it would be that big of a deal. Cuylle and Skinner have an edge to their game, but they could just focus on other aspects of what they do. Vierling, it wouldn't really change much for him.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Where would you send them? All the pro leagues elsewhere in the world are well underway, and probably wouldn't be super-interested in taking B/C-grade CHL players anyway.

IDK, I don't think it would be that big of a deal. Cuylle and Skinner have an edge to their game, but they could just focus on other aspects of what they do. Vierling, it wouldn't really change much for him.
No clue where to send them, but i was more thinking about our two top defensemen prospects down there.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
No clue where to send them, but i was more thinking about our two top defensemen prospects down there.
Schneider and Robertson are playing in the WHL (with Rempe and Garand). In the OHL it's Cuylle, Skinner, and Vierling.

I have heard rumblings about the OHL and banning hitting/fighting/scrums for a few months now but have not heard it in relation to the WHL.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Schneider and Robertson are playing in the WHL (with Rempe and Garand). In the OHL it's Cuylle, Skinner, and Vierling.

I have heard rumblings about the OHL and banning hitting/fighting/scrums for a few months now but have not heard it in relation to the WHL.
My fault, had a brain fart of their respective leagues. I’m not too concerned over Skinner and Cuylle.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->