Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I expect Barron to easily make the big club. At worst, he will easily become one of the best 4th liners in the league and a top PK guy. He's too big, smart and skilled not to have some impact. Our 4th line has been a disaster for years. I remember the Boyle 4th line won us some regular season and playoff games. It's important. Fast was a good Ranger but you can't pay him what he will ask. He should be moved. Maybe to dump one year of Smith's or Staal's salary. I see a 4th line of Barron-Howden-Lemieux and that can be the best 4th line in hockey. It's a good fit for Lemieux. Both Barron and Howden are extremely smart and disciplined players while Lemieux is stupid and has been targeted by the refs to some degree. However, he has intangibles that this team needs. That could easily also be a third line in games they are feeling it once all those guys mature a little.

I wouldn't say easily but I definitely think he gets minutes. Right now he's the Rangers most NHL ready forward prospect. You don't have to worry about him physically. Dude's got a little Henry Cavill in him. He will fit in.

To me Barron and Gauthier on opposite wings would create a very formidable matchup if they are able to get pucks in deep and use their bodies to grind out a cycle.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Our 4th line has sucked for years. The Islanders game was a perfect example of where we could have used a 4th line to get a garbage goal in front or draw a couple of penalties. Help is coming soon with the 4th line as long as Quinn realizes that Smith sucks and has to go. If he doesn't, Gorton and JD need to get rid of him.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Our 4th line has sucked for years. The Islanders game was a perfect example of where we could have used a 4th line to get a garbage goal in front or draw a couple of penalties. Help is coming soon with the 4th line as long as Quinn realizes that Smith sucks and has to go. If he doesn't, Gorton and JD need to get rid of him.

the 4th line - known for timely goal scoring

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Sure was when Boyle and Moore were on it. Especially in playoff games. Rangers have made little to no effort building a 4th line that can chip in with some scoring from time to time. Needs to change. Starting with Smith bought out or released.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I saw that Jack Drury signed in Sweden with Vaxjo. Makes you wonder if someone like Zac Jones would consider doing the same, if Hockey East were to postpone the start of the season or cancel.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I saw that Jack Drury signed in Sweden with Vaxjo. Makes you wonder if someone like Zac Jones would consider doing the same, if Hockey East were to postpone the start of the season or cancel.

the tough thing there is that he then can't go back, his college career would be over.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
the tough thing there is that he then can't go back, his college career would be over.
Right, it would be a big gamble. It only makes sense for kids who would have been considering turning pro after two years. Is he one? I have no idea. I just saw that Drury did it, which is obviously not something you would normally see, and it made me wonder.

I could theoretically see someone like Kjellberg going that route, since he's already familiar with Swedish hockey. The worst thing that can happen to the kids is to miss a whole season when they're in peak development time.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
RE Jones, i expect Hockey East (and other major conferences) to find a way to play some.
The Ivy League decision has spurred a lot of movement, not just Drury to pro,
but multiple guys de-commiting to enter non-Ivy schools

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Right, it would be a big gamble. It only makes sense for kids who would have been considering turning pro after two years. Is he one? I have no idea. I just saw that Drury did it, which is obviously not something you would normally see, and it made me wonder.

I could theoretically see someone like Kjellberg going that route, since he's already familiar with Swedish hockey. The worst thing that can happen to the kids is to miss a whole season when they're in peak development time.

I'd be more inclined to tell him to go overseas and if he isn't 100% ready after 1 season over there they have the option of loaning him back or keeping him in the AHL. I'd rather see him playing

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Don't think [Rueschhoff] is behind Fontaine, and about same level as Richards.

I kinda have a gut 'gonna make it' feeling about Richards,
growing a up a NHL coach's kid,
playing a key Selke-type role, as a Center, with repeat NCAA champs.
Maybe not a star, but similar to a blend of Fast and Brian Boyle (...without the height)
I only watched Duluth during the Frozen Fours, so not a lot.

But i think it was great signing,
Much less hit-or-miss than guys who, as eligibility-expiring older F's, had single breakout seasons, ie Elmer/Newell/Leedahl

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I kinda have a gut 'gonna make it' feeling about Richards,
growing a up a NHL coach's kid,
playing a key Selke-type role, as a Center, with repeat NCAA champs.
Maybe not a star, but similar to a blend of Fast and Brian Boyle (...without the height)
I only watched Duluth during the Frozen Fours, so not a lot.

But i think it was great signing,
Much less hit-or-miss than guys who, as eligibility-expiring older F's, had single breakout seasons, ie Elmer/Newell/Leedahl

Todd Richards was a player too not just a coach

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Barron - Chytil- Goat, if Chytil can't make the jump to be a second line center. That would be a very large line with decent offense. Miller-Trouba on D and those 5 would make most other teams look like they were icing the smurfs instead of the Rangers.

Reactions: cwede

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Barron - Chytil- Goat, if Chytil can't make the jump to be a second line center. That would be a very large line with decent offense. Miller-Trouba on D and those 5 would make most other teams look like they were icing the smurfs instead of the Rangers.
Kravtsov says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->