Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anyone have any insight on Pajuniemi? Is he staying with TPS for another season then coming over the following season... assuming all goes well?

pJvsPb1.png

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
From reports Skinner had a pretty good developmental year last year. Why are you on the fence?

The OHL was the weakest of the three leagues from a defensive/strong goaltending standpoint. Felt offense flourished this year for most players. So I'm kind of weary with how he'll do in a more defensive structure at even strength throughout the league.

This is by no means that I'm saying he's bad, this year showed a lot of potential. I just want to see him continue to develop and then I'm sure he'll get an ELC. He did look good from the start.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think after TPS's season ends they can bring him over to play in AHL.

Sure, but that depends on the national team. The national team also has a contract with Pajuniemi if they call him up and he has to be released by them as well, not just TPS. Lundkvist was in a similar situation this year.

If Pajuniemi is called up for Finland, and that is definitely a possibility, there's a good chance he will be part of their roster for the Carlson Games in May and the IIHF WC afterwards. In that case, he won't come over under a PTO

Last edited:

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
From reports Skinner had a pretty good developmental year last year. Why are you on the fence?

He's lost if he doesn't think Skinner will be signed. Much like Keane, right handed defenseman with good size, less offensive skills than Keane and has solid defensive skills. He was having a great year until his skate cut another player badly. He kind of lost his way for a while after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
He's lost if he doesn't think Skinner will be signed. Much like Keane, right handed defenseman with good size, less offensive skills than Keane and has solid defensive skills. He was having a great year until his skate bad cut another player badly. He kind of lost his way for a while after that.

Firstly, you can @ me if you're gonna talk about what I said. I'm fully aware of what I said on Skinner, which I certainly am not lost, lolol.

I simply rebutted to see Skinner have another stellar year before NYR offers him an ELC. The OHL had the worst goals to defense ratio in all of the CHL. Meaning the goalies and defensive systems by most teams weren't on par with the insane offense that followed. The QMJHL had a better year in that department, which is almost taboo to think. I want to see him develop his game all-around and still be able to put up the points. Sure, that might not all come, but if he can solidify top line minutes and consistently help on London, then I'm all for it.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Posting about the Rangers not signing a draft pick they took last year is pointless. Teams don't do that unless there are legal issues.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Posting about the Rangers not signing a draft pick they took last year is pointless. Teams don't do that unless there are legal issues.

Hahahahahaha.

Thomas Spelling, Richard Nejezchleb (AHL deal), Patrik Virta, Dominik Lakatos, Brad Morrison, Shane McColgan (AHL deal), Keegan Iverson, Tyler Nanne, Daniel Bernhardt, Mikhail Pashnin, Ryan Mantha, Peter Čerešňák.

Imagine thinking there were legal issues with all these players.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah and we just walked away from Nico Gross after two years. Nothing to do with "legal problems." What a strange thing to say.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

With regard to Skinner, just goes to show how much USA hockey favors guys that go the college route. 38 of the 43 guys invited are committed to college (like Skinner was) or are enrolled. Unless you're a top-tier player, it's tough to make it in the US program if you go the CHL route.

buch7717

Jun 22, 2020
Hey everyone as a fan and follower of the WHL hurricanes can anybody tell me the kinda Year Jake Elmer had in Your system was a fan favourite here in the bridge and it’s hard to find info about the year he had

Reactions: egelband

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
If you read the point I was making was that teams don't cut draft picks lose after 1 year unless it's something unusual. After 2 years they start to get a good idea of what they have. I didn't think Gross deserved to be let go. However, the organization is flush with talented d prospects so he was.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If you read the point I was making was that teams don't cut draft picks lose after 1 year unless it's something unusual. After 2 years they start to get a good idea of what they have. I didn't think Gross deserved to be let go. However, the organization is flush with talented d prospects so he was.

Who was let go after 1 year? Nico Gross was drafted in 2018.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Hey everyone as a fan and follower of the WHL hurricanes can anybody tell me the kinda Year Jake Elmer had in Your system was a fan favourite here in the bridge and it’s hard to find info about the year he had
what we can say, Elmer stood out against Adirondack, but in light of the current pandemic, we'll never truly know where this year lands in terms of his development either in the Rangers organization, whether it's Portland or Hartford, but I'D suggest following Maine every chance you get....

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
...I didn't think Gross deserved to be let go. However, the organization is flush with talented d prospects so he was.

and that door is not closed yet until Gross signs somewhere else...
wasn't there a NYR draftee who's rights expired but then signed w NYR?
was it Callahan?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
was it Callahan?

I don't think it was callahan but I'm pretty sure there have been examples of guys the rangers didn't sign and then they signed AHL deals with hartford.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
was it Callahan?

Callahan signed in May so it wasn't him. When a 20-year old isn't signed by June 1st, he has to re-enter the draft. Only after the 2nd time of draft eligibility can a player sign as a free agent

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
was it Callahan?

Callahan was passed over in his first year of eligibility. We selected him in the 4th round in his 2nd draft, but he didn't have a great year. We offered him an AHL deal, but he decided to go back to the OHL as an overager, and he put up 52 goals. We signed him to an NHL deal after that. His rights never expired.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
was it Callahan?

Nejezchleb was one, but he wasn't eligible to play in the CHL anymore. Different circumstance....

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

looked like an intriguing prospect, but of course they dumped him to ECHL instead of trying to develop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->