Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't know why you'd laugh. The criticism was for picking a goalie in that spot when that wasn't a pressing need and could be filled other ways. I mean even if he becomes a decent goaltending prospect for us, I still don't feel that justifies the pick when you had Drury, Wilde, Groulx, Hallander, and a few others falling into your laps.

As far as I'm concerned he could become a starting goalie in the NHL and it would still be a stupid pick.

I'd laugh because we often have reactions to things that are stronger than justified. Like, sure... you can think the pick was a stupid one, but that doesn't mean it deserves the anger it got.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'd laugh because we often have reactions to things that are stronger than justified. Like, sure... you can think the pick was a stupid one, but that doesn't mean it deserves the anger it got.
I guess. As we've kind of discussed before, I'm not really concerned with how people here react to things (unless it's with personal hatred or vile insults or whatever). It's a forum, a lot of people are over the top in their responses, just kind of how it goes.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I guess. As we've kind of discussed before, I'm not really concerned with how people here react to things (unless it's with personal hatred or vile insults or whatever). It's a forum, a lot of people are over the top in their responses, just kind of how it goes.

That wasn't a comment about this forum, it was a comment about people in general.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Adam Edström ejected after a mere 11 minutes for a hit to the head. One of his own teammates even admitted the hit warranted getting tossed. Our own future darkhorse 6'6" 4th line Undertaker?

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
btw edstrom is teammates with former rangers prospect adam tambellini who had a goal and 3 assists today

Reactions: kovazub94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nice writeups about K'Andre Miller and Zac Jones' seasons

10 Observations From a Year of NCAA Data Tracking
Regarding Miller, this is what I and a few others said all season, he actually had a good year that got better as the year went on (after an admittedly slow start). He played for an idiot coach in a stupid system for a program in decline. The kid is a beast, absolute stud. He has some skills that can't be taught that will be incredibly useful.

"Not only did Miller post identical zone exit results to Hobey Baker winner Scott Perunovich (left), he led the dataset in controlled entry prevention rate, despite the rest of his teammates sitting at average (right). And compared to his teammates, he’s out on an island.

How Miller posted these transition results is even more impressive. While the average Wisconsin blue-liner with the middle in just 11 percent of zone exit attempts while under forechecking duress, Miller used the middle a staggering 46 percent of attempts. And this didn’t come with a loss in success rate – Miller’s exits result in Wisconsin possession in the neutral zone 91 percent of the time – 10 percent higher than Wisconsin average.

Still concerned? While Miller’s half-point-per-game clip seems underwhelming, it wasn’t indicative of his impact. He posted Expected Primary Points per 60 at a virtually identical rate to high-scoring blueliners Jack Rathbone, David Farrance, and Perunovich at 5-on-5. Ignore the noise — Miller’s still a top prospect."

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Bad hit. But not predatory. He was going the same direction of the play and the hittee was the one going against the grain. At first glance I thought it was the other way around but actually it was just a bad reaction and bad luck.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That's crazy. No way.

I feel like the leagues across the pond are a lot more harsh on these things, which I guess could be good or bad. In this instance it seems like too much.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah, their threshold to trigger punishment is a bit too low (and punishments are more severe) while over here the threshold is too high and punishments are lacking. IMO
I generally agree--I think here we're a bit too lenient in the punishments themselves, but I think the criteria is pretty solid (like the Lindgren hit on Donskoi was within the rules and I agree with that). In other leagues, I think the language is more clear-cut, which is helpful, but often results in punishments that are on the excessive side.

I remember when Shesterkin was suspended after receiving the game misconduct for tripping. I understand the suspension was automatic, but both the call on the ice and the suspension seemed crazy to me, even if they were by the books. And I remember a thread about it on another board and many KHL followers and other fans of European hockey were totally on board with both the call and suspension and I was totally incredulous.

Interesting how the differences in the leagues have led to totally different perceptions of what is appropriate and what is not.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That's crazy. No way.

I feel like the leagues across the pond are a lot more harsh on these things, which I guess could be good or bad. In this instance it seems like too much.

From what I can tell, the biggest reason they suspend him for this is because he is the third man coming in with the sole purpose of hitting his opponent and not getting the puck.

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I generally agree--I think here we're a bit too lenient in the punishments themselves, but I think the criteria is pretty solid (like the Lindgren hit on Donskoi was within the rules and I agree with that). In other leagues, I think the language is more clear-cut, which is helpful, but often results in punishments that are on the excessive side.

I remember when Shesterkin was suspended after receiving the game misconduct for tripping. I understand the suspension was automatic, but both the call on the ice and the suspension seemed crazy to me, even if they were by the books. And I remember a thread about it on another board and many KHL followers and other fans of European hockey were totally on board with both the call and suspension and I was totally incredulous.

Interesting how the differences in the leagues have led to totally different perceptions of what is appropriate and what is not.

My problem with NHL is that they allow for a big “discount” if there’s no actual injury, even if intent is obvious and the situation could have just as likely to result in a severe injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad