Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Am not aware of AHL "qualify" provision. Do you have an example of where it was used in the past?

FYI, by my count.
there are 8 F's on NHL deals aside from Lias,
also the 2 NCAA F's HWP recently signed to AHL deals

Kravtsov, Gettinger, Ronning, Elmer, Newell,
Khodorenko, Rueschhoff, Richards,
O'Leary, Whelan,
then there's Andersson
and the RFA F's: Gropp, Fontaine, Leedahl,
and re AHL i believe HWP can 'qualify' Jones, Dmowski and McBride to retain their AHL rights

maybe Howden actually gets some AHL Time finally, but thats most likely if one of the above guys takes his NYR spot, so not a net add for HWP

among the UFA F's, I could see
Fogarty or O'Regan returning,
Nieves or Lettieri maybe not,
... Beleskey sayonara

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Am not aware of AHL "qualify" provision. Do you have an example of where it was used in the past?

that may not be the proper terminology
and perhaps I am conflating AHL and ECHL policies?

I have hazy but definite recollections of reports, in past off-seasons, of minor league affiliates protecting their league-specific rights to players they'd had under contract

a quick search, just now, found this (re ECHL):
ECHL announces Protected Lists
ECHL announces players with Qualifying Offers

quickie search did not find similar re AHL ...

Reactions: Ranger Ric

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

that may not be the proper terminology
and perhaps I am conflating AHL and ECHL policies?
I have hazy but definite recollections of reports, in past off-seasons, of minor league affiliates protecting their league-specific rights to players they'd had under contract
a quick search, just now, found this (re ECHL):
ECHL announces Protected Lists
ECHL announces players with Qualifying Offers
quickie search did not find similar re AHL ...

FOUND THIS - PHPA site with some details of CBAs w both AHL and ECHL
PHPA
AHL PHPA CBA
ECHL PHPA CBA

so it does seem that ECHL has a 'Reserve System'
but AHL seems to not have that

My apologies for my misleading and incorrect statements

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Has to re-enter the draft. Similar to Adam Mascherin.

If you want to laugh, look up Tim Brent and check his drafts

:laugh:

So... Anaheim decided he wasn't worth wasting a contract slot on, but was worth a third round pick to maybe have to waste a slot on him in a couple years?

Surely there has to some better justification than that..? lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
:laugh:

So... Anaheim decided he wasn't worth wasting a contract slot on, but was worth a third round pick to maybe have to waste a slot on him in a couple years?

Surely there has to some better justification than that..? lol

I never really found out the reasoning behind it, but it's weird. He has a Stanley Cup ring though

Another interesting case is Jarret Stoll and Matthew Lombardi. Drafted by the Oilers and Flames, they re-entered the draft and were then drafted by the opposite team.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tim Brent wanted more than Anaheim was offering. He refused to sign and went back in the draft and Anaheim picked him again. He didn't have a whole lot of options but to sign, and for less than he was originally offered.

Same thing happened to another guy, but I can't remember who.

It almost happened to Todd Bertuzzi. The Islanders drafted him 23rd and he didn't want to sign because he wanted more money (this was before ELCs like today). A couple years later he was unsigned and as the draft approached, Don Maloney said if Bertuzzi didn't sign, the Islanders would select him again with the second pick. And the NHL had just implemented a rookie cap, but Bertuzzi wouldn't be subject to it if he signed before re-entering since it was new. And then Maloney basically said Bertuzzi was making a stupid decision, since he had more money on the table than he would get under the new system. So he ended up signing right before the draft.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I think Gross will re-enter the draft, but it'd be nice to see NYR sign the guy. He has played very well in international play, but has marginally increased his play in the CHL. I wouldn't be upset if they didn't sign him, but you'd hope that every draft pick pans out. He could develop over time and get a free agent contract later on, but he'd need to drastically develop.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Trots skadorna - har intresse från SHL och Finland - Hockeysverige

Article on Lindbum. He says the concussion ruined 18-19, and the ankle surgery ruined 19-20. He's receiving interest from Liiga and SHL team but may want to play in a lower division so he can get more matches.

He thinks his performance was "decent" last season, both before and after the injury. He says he's over the concussion and is generally very upbeat and optimistic. Said he has options and hopefully will make a decision in the next few weeks.

Hopefully wherever he signs he stays healthy and doesn't suck. He references he knows he's fallen behind guys like Annunen and Lukas Dosta which he definitely has. We'll see if he ever amounts to anything. He has a good attitude about it, at least.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Article on Lindbum. He says the concussion ruined 18-19, and the ankle surgery ruined 19-20. He's receiving interest from Liiga and SHL team but may want to play in a lower division so he can get more matches.

He thinks his performance was "decent" last season, both before and after the injury. He says he's over the concussion and is generally very upbeat and optimistic. Said he has options and hopefully will make a decision in the next few weeks.

Hopefully wherever he signs he stays healthy and doesn't suck. He references he knows he's fallen behind guys like Annunen and Lukas Dosta which he definitely has. We'll see if he ever amounts to anything. He has a good attitude about it, at least.
I hope he can turn it around. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be to have two seasons lost to injury. If a guy isn’t good enough, that’s one thing. But when it’s injury it must suck a hundred times worse.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Lindbom has definitely had some bad luck. Annunen has developed in a way that happens with goalies where someone just explodes with potential. Even if Lindbom had been doing well Annunen would have lapped him.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The NCAA rules committee is proposing that all conferences proceed directly to a 3-on-3 OT if tied at the end of regulation, and then a shootout. This would be for conference games and tournaments. Right now different conferences handle it differently. Non-conference games would end in a tie at the end of the OT period.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Thanks!

He also mentions how NYR has a big say in his decision and that even NA next year might be on the table, but doesn’t seem like first option. Probably Allsvenskan again, think that is the best option.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm assuming Lindbom can't go the NCAA route because he's been paid professionally in sweden, which is too bad, because that would be a solid developmental move for him. He isn't even 20 years old yet.

Gotta think Hartford is all filled up with Wall and Huska next season.

Reactions: TheWhiskeyThief

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

Playing in Liiga (and the coaching)would be a step up from Allsvenskan, but he just wasn’t consistent either before or after the high ankle sprain. I wish him well, but the trees at the end of the runway are getting bigger.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I'm assuming Lindbom can't go the NCAA route because he's been paid professionally in sweden, which is too bad, because that would be a solid developmental move for him. He isn't even 20 years old yet.

Gotta think Hartford is all filled up with Wall and Huska next season.
I wonder if he could go somewhere in the OHL as an overage junior.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He was never taken in the import draft. I don't fully understand the CHL rules but I don't believe a team can just sign a European player.

He'd also count for both an Import and Overage slot, which is tough. That happened after we drafted Nejezchleb a few years back--OA and import and it was too much for Brandon, so they sat him and then traded him.

If there was a way for him to play CHL hockey, the advantage would be whatever team signed him would invariably be goaltender deficient and he'd likely get a lot of starts, more than he'd get elsewhere. Otherwise, Liiga is better quality.

Reactions: Joey Bones

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
He was never taken in the import draft. I don't fully understand the CHL rules but I don't believe a team can just sign a European player.

He'd also count for both an Import and Overage slot, which is tough. That happened after we drafted Nejezchleb a few years back--OA and import and it was too much for Brandon, so they sat him and then traded him.

If there was a way for him to play CHL hockey, the advantage would be whatever team signed him would invariably be goaltender deficient and he'd likely get a lot of starts, more than he'd get elsewhere. Otherwise, Liiga is better quality.
To his point though, will he get enough work in Liiga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad