Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
My no one asked prediction for this season is that our bust out prospect that rockets up the prospect list will be Karl henriksson

Yeah I love him. He fits the bill of some of those late round kids populating Tampa’s lineup without being picked that high in drafts. Long way to go? Yeah, a bit of course. He should be one of the top centers on a really strong Swedish WJC team. Will Frölunda have room for him? I think it’s up in the air.

One kid I really think came a lot closer to a roster spot (or should have if nothing else) last year is Tarmo Reunanen. Then he went back and had a so-so year in Finland.

But really, he can be so poised and calm with the puck under the heaviest pressure. He skates so very well. I recon the LD log-jam will be hard on him again this camp if he comes. But I mean let’s say we traded him, I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he ended up making his new team looking good in a somewhat sheltered top 4 role. He is there.

Reactions: egelband

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Team needs Henriksson to bust out big time. I don't think Chytil is a center. I think that experiment is coming to an end un less he suddenly finds a way not to suck on faceoffs.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Team needs Henriksson to bust out big time. I don't think Chytil is a center. I think that experiment is coming to an end un less he suddenly finds a way not to suck on faceoffs.

doesn't the coaching staff practice faceoffs with the players, why not bring Graves or someone with faceoff skills to help on faceoffs. he won some back in the day.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Rangers are still talking about Andersson, so I'm not sure it is out of the question that he is still looked at as part of the future of the team.

The good news, these guys are going to be playing. Andersson is going to be getting big minutes on their top line. Hope those that can watch him and Henriksson can give some reports during the year.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
you're correct.

You are 100% right. I literally think he showed up for his first camp as a skill center at like 165 lbs and then as a 205 lbs PF for his second camp. I got some kind of ancient book from when I was a kid with interviews with tough players in the NHL, and Graves describes it there. Naturally that fact in itself raises all kinds of questions about how much muscle its possible to add naturally and what not lol, but you are absolutely correct.

I am not sure exactly how extreme transition took place with Ryan Hollweg, but he is another one who very much went from being pretty small and thin and skilled to the player he ended up being in the NHL. Like sure he always had a bit of grit, but he was small and thin with skill when we drafted him. Then he fractured his skull in juniors and really added muscles while recorvering, and had turned into a physical freak by the time he arrived in HFD. Complete transformation.

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Rangers are still talking about Andersson, so I'm not sure it is out of the question that he is still looked at as part of the future of the team.

The good news, these guys are going to be playing. Andersson is going to be getting big minutes on their top line. Hope those that can watch him and Henriksson can give some reports during the year.

They are going to consider him as being part of the equation until he isn't. No reason to do otherwise. Hopefully he does well, comes over for camp (whether it's in November or the following September), shows that he can be effective in the NHL, and he either earns a role with the Rangers and all is forgiven on both sides, or he increases his value enough that we can get a decent return.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I believe he started as a center for DET and EDM before transitioning full-time to LW as a Ranger.

(Pretty sure I'm not aware of the entire conversation here, so feel free to disregard if this is inapplicable info. :))
I have an old Edmonton Oilers card of him where he was listed as a C. I honestly don't remember him playing before he was a Ranger, but I remember the card (I'm not a card collector, it was just a random gift when I was younger and it just seems to follow me no matter where I move).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I think the account just covers whoever is technically still in the equation. They covered Gross until we walked away. I don't know if the person/team who runs the account would even be given any insight into the team's plans for players.

Regardless, hopefully he has a big season. It can only help his value.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
i had misremembered this as Laf schooling K'Andre,
but still what a crazy moment, 7 seconds to restore the lead for Canada,
and K was victimized

EDIT - adding link to full article
World Juniors 2020: Best moments from Alexis Lafreniere as Canada star named tournament MVP

In retrospect Miller should have played the puck behind the net. But to his credit, he sauced the puck like three feet in the air. Laf just made a special play to knock it down at speed and dangle around Knight.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
... Rangers are still talking about Andersson, so I'm not sure it is out of the question that he is still looked at as part of the future of the team. The good news, these guys are going to be playing. Andersson is going to be getting big minutes on their top line...

They are going to consider him as being part of the equation until he isn't. No reason to do otherwise. Hopefully he does well, comes over for camp...shows that he can be effective in the NHL, and he either earns a role with the Rangers and all is forgiven on both sides, or he increases his value enough that we can get a decent return.

I think the account just covers whoever is technically still in the equation. They covered Gross until we walked away....Regardless, hopefully he has a big season. It can only help his value.

as noted above, Lias is part of the NYR plan until he isn't.
"Rush to judgement" is a joy and privilege at boards like these, but not in the worlds of real NHL FOs.
This season, and maybe next, will provide more data, and clarify whether last year was a blip, or a pattern.
If he is top tier in SHL scoring, or a leader on a winning team, his credibility gets re-established.
Every player's path has tricks and turns to it.
Lias is younger than St Louis was when he turned pro, and same age as Panarin was heading into his first real good season in K.

I am not saying Lias certainly will live up to his draft position, but it truly is too early to know.

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Can anyone who was following the coverage please share with me what was reported about K'Andre Miller during the recent training camp?

I was just listening to an interview JD did with John G. & Vally and JD said something about Miller looking great in camp... News to me and I would like to know more.

Thanks...

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
In retrospect Miller should have played the puck behind the net. But to his credit, he sauced the puck like three feet in the air. Laf just made a special play to knock it down at speed and dangle around Knight.

Laf made a great play, but it was a pretty bad play by Miller. Especially when put in the context of being a tied up game with a few minutes left.

He routinely made plays like that at the WJC and at Wisconsin. The Rangers will need to spend a lot of time working with him to correct those. Because the rest of the package is really really impressive.

Reactions: Crease and Justin17

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Goals by Lias and Henriksson in the game between Frölunda and HV71. 3-1 HV71 at the end of the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->