Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If just one of our giant forwards works out, we’ll be laughing. As it is, our top-nine is looking pretty stacked. It’s just that fourth line that needs to come together. And if somehow any of the prospects can play higher...wow.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Gettinger’s 16 points in 20 games is pretty good. He’s had a couple fights this year too. A big wingspan—to me he’s always needed to diversify his game. To become a 4th line NHL player he needs to penalty kill. He needs to use his size, play aggressive and hit, bang in a goal now and again.

Reactions: leetch99

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Gettinger's first 12 or so games this year were just awful. His game started picking up when he was placed on a line with Richards and Ronning. That could be a coincidence but it is possible that he realized he needed to up the tempo of his game to keep up with them. And he has, much to my surprise after his start. He does routinely kill penalties and his last few games on the PK have been excellent. I still don't think he uses his size the way he should and he doesn't have elite skill. But he is playing more aggressively, starting to use his reach although not his size more effectively and as a result of that and having line mates who can drive plays, particularly Ronning, in my view he has moved back to having a chance in the NHL.

Gettinger’s 16 points in 20 games is pretty good. He’s had a couple fights this year too. A big wingspan—to me he’s always needed to diversify his game. To become a 4th line NHL player he needs to penalty kill. He needs to use his size, play aggressive and hit, bang in a goal now and again.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If this team moves Lundkvist in a bigger deal this summer, Robertson and Schneider could be the team's 3rd D pairing in 2 years.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Rangers going to have a tough decision to make Nils and Schneider. Its a great problem to have but still something sooner or later they will need to figure out, unless they do something likem ship Trouba out of here which would be a bit shocking.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Rangers going to have a tough decision to make Nils and Schneider. Its a great problem to have but still something sooner or later they will need to figure out, unless they do something likem ship Trouba out of here which would be a bit shocking.

Can’t assume they are going to be amazing

I’d guess Lundkvist is in first since he’s playing against men

Robertson / Schneider pair in Hartford for a year and get call ups

Jones could be up and down

I’d trade Hajek now that he should have some value and bring up Reuananen

Reactions: Cag29

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Can’t assume they are going to be amazing

I’d guess Lundkvist is in first since he’s playing against men

Robertson / Schneider pair in Hartford for a year and get call ups

Jones could be up and down

I’d trade Hajek now that he should have some value and bring up Reuananen
Does the no move part of Troubas contract expire when Schneider will be ready?

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Schneider is going to end up being a steal for us. Drafted him for his size, composure and physicality and out of nowhere he's producing like an elite offensive D. Currently third in the league in points for his position

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Does the no move part of Troubas contract expire when Schneider will be ready?

Trouba has 3 more years on his NMC. Schneider is likely to be NHL ready before then, but not necessarily top 4 or top 2 ready. It would be better if Trouba only had 2 years left on his NMC, but it is what it is. We'll deal with it when the time comes.

Reactions: kovazub94 and Cag29

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Trouba has 3 more years on his NMC. Schneider is likely to be NHL ready before then, but not necessarily top 4 or top 2 ready. It would be better if Trouba only had 2 years left on his NMC, but it is what it is. We'll deal with it when the time comes.

I don't think it will take him that long to fill a top 4 role. Lindgren stepped into it almost immediately and Schneider is by all accounts a higher level talent

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

I'm not sure why some guys can't figure that out that if they played a heavier game like in Howden and Gautheir and Gettinger too that they would be regular Rangers rather quickly and could build a nice nest egg for themselves . Plus all three have enough talent to possibly even elevate their game enough for a lot of clubs to be good 3rd line guys once they forget about being perimiter type guys and never will lead the NHL in goals . The little things will get them and keep them in the big leagues . Now they need to do what has to be done to be big leaguer and maybe it will involve being in a scrap every now and then .

Reactions: eco's bones

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't think it will take him that long to fill a top 4 role. Lindgren stepped into it almost immediately and Schneider is by all accounts a higher level talent

Maybe not, but we never know. Post draft, Lindgren spent 2 years in college and then a full year in the AHL. Even last year, he didn't make the team out of camp and started the year in Hartford. And it wasn't until he got paired with Fox that he really hit his stride.

Schneider is in his 1st post draft season, and he has played a very limited number of games, which could slow his progression. He is eligible for the AHL next year and could play the entire year there, barring a cup of coffee with the big club. He could then join the Rangers full time in his 3rd year, a full year sooner than Lindgren. And even if he might be able to handle more minutes as a rookie, there's no harm in him playing on the 3rd pair. That just means we can distribute the minutes more evenly. Maybe Fox doesn't have to play on the PK.

Of course, Lundkvist will be part of the equation too, assuming he isn't traded before then. Right now, neither Schneider nor Lundkvist are top 4 NHL players, so there's no point in stressing about it.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I feel like it’s time to move a D prospect for a center but I’m not sure who on both ends..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->