Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I honestly sometimes wonder if "throw puck and find out" is a good strategy for struggling power play units.

I've seen poor NCAA teams do it a lot on the power play in an umbrella set up, with three guys at the blue line and two fighting for position right in front of the net.

Yup, consider last year he averaged 2.8 shots per game and scored 13 goals (13% shooting). This year he's averaging 5.4 shots per game and has seen his shooting percentage plummet to 3.5%. He's at half of last year's shot total in basically a quarter of the games. Second in the entire league, trailing the first place guy by 8, with five games in hand. :laugh:

If he shot like this last year, over 60 games, he would have led the league. As a defenseman.

Shot happy defensemen can really boost a team's forechecking. Not every shot is the right play but a shot on net is almost never a bad play. I hope he continues this.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Speaking of dads: The fathers of Simon Kjellberg, Vlad Namestnikov, Lias Andersson and Ty Ronning (4 guys in our system together at one point) all played for the Nashville Predators in 1999-2000

when i was listening to the 5 OT NCAA UMD<>NoDak game
I was thinking they could replace Sam, one day, with Leah Hextall, Bryan (Sr)'s granddaughter,
also 2 uncles played for NYR (and that goalie cousin played NHL too...)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The other day I mentioned Rempe may be out for the season, and now it is official, he is done for the season with a lower body injury.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Edström scored what turned out to be the GWG. 3-2-5 in 5 playoff games. The big guy is stepping up.
Man, if he is really becoming a player...

To have HIM in front on the PP...

giphy.gif

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
In Edstrom's D-1 and D-0 seasons, he played in 4 relegation games (J20) and put up 7 goals and 3 assists; a huge uptick from his regular season numbers.

And now he's putting a P/GP in SHL playoffs. When the checking gets tighter and the intensity gets turned up, there's something to be said for being a 6'8" monster that can get around the ice efficiently.

hella rights

Oct 9, 2006
How’s Edstrom’s skating? Don’t think it has to be anything special but that’s a lot of human to move around, hope he can keep up.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
In Edstrom's D-1 and D-0 seasons, he played in 4 relegation games (J20) and put up 7 goals and 3 assists; a huge uptick from his regular season numbers.

And now he's putting a P/GP in SHL playoffs. When the checking gets tighter and the intensity gets turned up, there's something to be said for being a 6'8" monster that can get around the ice efficiently.
Certainly a guy to keep an eye on. Those physical tools with a scoring touch, wowzers

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is Edstrom someone worth following? I just thought he was one of our late round scrubs.

He definitely is. His D+1 he exceeded expectations, and he has continued that trend this season. I think he will be signed this summer, then loaned back to Rögle (to avoid arbitration eligibility when his ELC expires if they'd sign him next summer)

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He definitely is. His D+1 he exceeded expectations, and he has continued that trend this season. I think he will be signed this summer, then loaned back to Rögle (to avoid arbitration eligibility when his ELC expires if they'd sign him next summer)

Is he a guy that can ever become more than 4th liner in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad