Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'll say this for Kravtsov, at least he knows how to take a shot immediately instead of double clutching it.

Sometimes it's better to just fire it without aiming than it is to take your time to pick a corner and let the defenders and goalie get set.

NHL goalies are better so it's possible there's less hesitation when pulling a trigger outside of the NHL because prospects are able to see an opening. That opening is smaller and / or disappear quicker in the NHL that causes a pause by the shooter.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Curiosity question. When do you consider a prospect no longer a prospect?

K’Andre Miller: The Underrated Rangers Prospect

K'Andre has played six games now with two points. His he rookie now or a prospect? Its a question we are debating at my site. I am hoping to see K'Andre to build off his first goal Tuesday with another tonight.
after he is not longer eligible for Calder (25ish games?)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ragnarsson was +1 with 1 shot in 19:05. He's been seeing more ice time lately.

Pajuniemi had his points streak snapped and was -1 in 18 minutes.

Nothing for Aaltonen in 12:21.

Nothing for Rykov in 16:45.

Lindbum stopped 22/22 for a shutout! Oh wait, it was the other guy, and Lindbum still sucks.

Berard at New Hampshire at 7 p.m. Jones hosts UMass-Lowell at 8 p.m. Skinner/Utah playing Allen at 9:10 p.m.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
hunter skinner is having quite a nice development season, no?

making the WJC when he realy should’ve had no chance and now looking real good in a men’s league at 19 YO
Yeah, the WJC thing was good fortune as he had been cut before some COVID things brought him back into the fold, but that he had himself on the radar at all was good.

The ECHL, that league has an average age of >25. He'll be 20 in a couple months but is still a young guy. He should be back in the OHL, but instead he's playing professionally and evidently playing really well.

I had a bit of skepticism after an uneven performance last season, but this is great.

Reactions: egelband

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Tärnström (HockeyEttan) and Lundkvist were both scoreless today.

Berard had a goal and 4 PIM.

Hunter Skinner had 2 goals including what became the GWG. His line is 2-4-6 in 5 which is GREAT for him. I just wanted to see him not be out of place.
Skinner gonna come to camp next year and tell all of ADA, Nils, and Schneider to GTFO of his spot on the right side of the Rangers' D.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Yeah, the WJC thing was good fortune as he had been cut before some COVID things brought him back into the fold, but that he had himself on the radar at all was good.

The ECHL, that league has an average age of >25. He'll be 20 in a couple months but is still a young guy. He should be back in the OHL, but instead he's playing professionally and evidently playing really well.

I had a bit of skepticism after an uneven performance last season, but this is great.
Wasn't uneven so much as he changed roles after a midseason trade, IIRC.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wasn't uneven so much as he changed roles after a midseason trade, IIRC.
Are you thinking of Keane, who went from Barrie to London, saw less time, and had his production drop?

The oft-cited thing with Skinner was that he crashed into a guy and sliced him with the skate and it was traumatic.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Are you thinking of Keane, who went from Barrie to London, saw less time, and had his production drop?

The oft-cited thing with Skinner was that he crashed into a guy and sliced him with the skate and it was traumatic.
Could be.

But I also thought his team picked up another D midseason who slotted in ahead of him in the lineup? Maybe I’m wrong and just conflating the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->