Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Henriksson had an assist (5-on-5!), 2 PIM, 1 shot, but only played 6 minutes. He was actually the extra forward coming into the game.

Good to hear, I take any point at this stage. He needs things to start to go his way. He has been involved in so much buzz around the net without basically having anything to show for it on the record.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ragnarsson had 20:55 of TOI today. That's more than 5 minutes more TOI than he's received at any point this season.

Tärnström looks like he's sticking with the Allsvenskan club but doesn't play much. He had 7:36 today.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
A few days ago Hugo Ollas was loaned to Karlskoga in Allsvenskan. He has only played nine games this season in the J20 league. Karlskoga's backup got hit up high with a puck and will be out at least a couple weeks.

Reactions: kovazub94

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens

Apologies in advance, I haven't really been keeping up with the new rules for this year, but can all players drafted from Canadian Junior leagues play in the AHL this year, even 18/19 year olds? Is this just a one year thing because of the pandemic? Is there any limit to how much they can play?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Apologies in advance, I haven't really been keeping up with the new rules for this year, but can all players drafted from Canadian Junior leagues play in the AHL this year, even 18/19 year olds? Is this just a one year thing because of the pandemic? Is there any limit to how much they can play?

I think it's only players who were drafted/draft eligible in 2020 or prior, and only for leagues that are currently on hold (WHL, OHL).

Once the leagues start up, the player has to go back

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
so much attention on Henriksson's lack of counting stats production obscures that he's playing vs almost all older guys

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/320688608/binary-file/file.pdf
KARL HENRIKSSON Center 5-9 / 176
February 5, 2001 (19 years old) Malmo, Sweden
Acquired – Second round, 58th overall, in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft
Current Team – Frolunda (SHL)
Season Stats – 32 GP, 0-6-6, -1, 16 PIM
• Tallied an assist on Jan. 21 against Leksands
• Is one of only seven junior (U20) players in the SHL (and one of only four junior forwards) who have registered at least six assists this season
• Is one of only 11 junior (U20) players in the SHL (and one of only seven junior forwards) who have tallied at least six points in 2020-21
• His 13:26 average ice time per game is the fourth-highest by a junior forward in the SHL this season (trailing William Eklund, Alexander Holtz, and Lucas Raymond)

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He is young for the league, and I think that's generally noted. My main concern is, again, that his skating is average and he's small. I don't see the high-end sense or skill to counteract those two strikes against him. He was also a spare forward two games ago and a scratch the last game so his inability to produce may finally be catching up.

Certainly something to be said for sticking in the lineup at his age, but eventually you have to produce. He's not a defensive dynamo killing penalties or anything, either, so if the offense isn't there... Eventually he won't be, either. I think he'll one day become a solid SHL player, but I don't think I see the NHL potential there. He has plenty of time, though.

Reactions: egelband

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
A few days ago Hugo Ollas was loaned to Karlskoga in Allsvenskan. He has only played nine games this season in the J20 league. Karlskoga's backup got hit up high with a puck and will be out at least a couple weeks.
How is it possible to hit that guy "up high"?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Love that Cuylle is headed to Hartford.

I don’t think he’s ready for AHL hockey, but better to get some games in than to get nothing at all, especially with our staff down there.
Hartford had a complete roster--8 defensemen, 14 forwards, 2 goalies--just with the guys under AHL or NHL contract. I wonder if some of these guys will just stick around for camp and then be let go. Or, just hang around with the team and practice, but not play.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hartford had a complete roster--8 defensemen, 14 forwards, 2 goalies--just with the guys under AHL or NHL contract. I wonder if some of these guys will just stick around for camp and then be let go. Or, just hang around with the team and practice, but not play.

Doesn't the team usually carry more than 8 and 14, even in a non-covid year? There's no roster limit in the AHL. I'm guessing they'll carry at least a few extra in case of injury/covid, and perhaps more with the possibility that Robertson, Schneider, Cuylle and Garand will leave if and when the WHL and OHL start up.

They have 19 forwards, 11 dmen and 4 goalies in camp. Once the CHL eligible kids leave, that's 18, 9 and 3. Maybe they'll trim 2 or 3 forwards off that, but I could see them keeping 9 dmen and 3 goalies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Doesn't the team usually carry more than 8 and 14, even in a non-covid year? There's no roster limit in the AHL. I'm guessing they'll carry at least a few extra in case of injury/covid, and perhaps more with the possibility that Robertson, Schneider, Cuylle and Garand will leave if and when the WHL and OHL start up.

They have 19 forwards, 11 dmen and 4 goalies in camp. Once the CHL eligible kids leave, that's 18, 9 and 3. Maybe they'll trim 2 or 3 forwards off that, but I could see them keeping 9 dmen and 3 goalies.
They'll definitely keep more. They usually have a handful of extra players on the roster. Hartford always has several guys who will be on the roster and not play for three weeks at a time, LOL. I'm mostly curious about the CHL kids, since it's unclear when their seasons will start (if at all). Have they been invited to camp with the expectation that they'll actually make it into games, or were they invited just for the experience and to get some practice against professional competition? It will be interesting to see how they're handled.

Robertson, Schneider, I expect them to get some games. Garand, possibly. I think he can handle it but who knows how they want to handle the goalies--there's no real ECHL option this season beyond loans to other organizations. They could go with three goalies for a while. Cuylle I really like, but I don't think he's ready to make that jump--I think he'll have to really impress to get into a game.

The other guys who have a pro background, I expect they're just camp fodder. Roy, Vesey, Ruggiero, McBride, etc. Maybe in a normal year they'd get an AHL deal and a few would go to Maine, but since that's not happening, I imagine those guys are real long shots for contracts.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Doesn't the team usually carry more than 8 and 14 ... I could see them keeping 9 dmen and 3 goalies.

They'll definitely keep more. They usually have a handful of extra players on the roster. Hartford always has several guys who will be on the roster and not play for three weeks at a time ... The other guys who have a pro background, I expect they're just camp fodder. Roy, Vesey, Ruggiero, McBride, etc. Maybe in a normal year they'd get an AHL deal and a few would go to Maine, but since that's not happening, I imagine those guys are real long shots for contracts.

I agree most of the tryouts are longshots.
RHD is maybe the shallowest position:
Raddysh on NHL deal, LoVerde(vet) and Guitarri(rookie) on AHL deals, Schneider on provisional AHL deal.
So maybe Sambrook or Ruggiero stick around.
And maybe this late-breaking Chytil news pulls a C (Khodo? Richards? Barron? Fontaine?) up to taxi and opens up a F spot ...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
How is it possible to hit that guy "up high"?

Any sherpas involved?

He is young for the league, and I think that's generally noted. My main concern is, again, that his skating is average and he's small. I don't see the high-end sense or skill to counteract those two strikes against him. He was also a spare forward two games ago and a scratch the last game so his inability to produce may finally be catching up.

Certainly something to be said for sticking in the lineup at his age, but eventually you have to produce. He's not a defensive dynamo killing penalties or anything, either, so if the offense isn't there... Eventually he won't be, either. I think he'll one day become a solid SHL player, but I don't think I see the NHL potential there. He has plenty of time, though.

I don't really disagree. But I do think that his agility certainly is elite as well as his puck distribution skills. Even if he is pressured really hard, has almost no room, he always finds ways to buy himself time and keep possession within the team

He is for example 11th in the SHL in Corsi among players with 30+ games. This statline is definitely very strong:
upload_2021-1-27_0-25-51.png

And the unit he has played the most on (with Joel Lundqvist) has the toughest match-ups for Frölunda. This is definitely the reason for why he get very high praise from his coach despite not scoring a lot.

BUT, again, I do agree with you. He needs to find ways to do more. Just saying, I wouldn't put him in the cathegory of kids that shows very little and can stand out in any areas. He is a standout in many areas and does many things really really well, but other areas must improve.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What I am most impressed with when watching Henriksson is his ability to create something out of nothing with passes nobody sees coming. Very reminiscent of Derick Brassard in a way.

The production is definitely lacking though but only turning 20 next month, we shouldn't forget that a lot of Canadians/Americans at the same age are still playing junior hockey at this stage of their career. Not that that gives him a pass completely, but it's something to keep in mind.

I think as a fanbase we were spoiled with Lundkvist's performance at the same age to be honest, and he's a defenseman but he broke records that would outshine even some forwards

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Aaltonen on the board with his first of the year in his 18th game.

Lindbom getting a start today.

Pajuniemi is playing.

EDIT: Tarnstrom is in the lineup for his HockeyEttan club as the 4C.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tärnström had two goals, but for the HockeyEttan squad.

Lindbum stopped 37/42 which is good for him.

Rykov was +1 with 1 SOG in 16 minutes.

Aaltonen with a goal in 11:45.

Pajuniemi with a goal in 17:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad