Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

He was solid but not great in the OHL last year. He's 19 and will be 20 in a few months; the ECHL will be a good test for him. If he plays well there that's a good sign that he may be ready for the AHL next year. If he struggles, it doesn't ruin him as a prospect but makes his path to the NHL even more dubious.

Reactions: kovazub94

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

He was solid but not great in the OHL last year. He's...20 in a few months; the ECHL will be a good test for him. If he plays well there ... he may be ready for the AHL next year. If he struggles, it doesn't ruin him as a prospect...

curious how NYR might have been involved in placing him, given Maine's hiatus*, and overall how many fewer AHL/ECHL teams this season will include.

and aside form Schneider, might other 2020 CHL picks get a shot?
Vierling or Cuylle? Garand? awful young to be facing men

* ECHL NORTH DIVISION ELECTS SUSPENSION OF PLAY, MARINERS ISSUE STATEMENT - Maine Mariners

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
curious how NYR might have been involved in placing him, given Maine's hiatus*, and overall how many fewer AHL/ECHL teams this season will include.

and aside form Schneider, might other 2020 CHL picks get a shot?
Vierling or Cuylle? Garand? awful young to be facing men

* ECHL NORTH DIVISION ELECTS SUSPENSION OF PLAY, MARINERS ISSUE STATEMENT - Maine Mariners
I would definitely say no to Vierling; he needs to bulk up before turning pro. Cuylle I think is more prepared from a physical standpoint but I was really hoping he'd be able to work on his offense against kids his age. I can't see him really contributing much in the ECHL at this time.

Garand could be interesting.

Reactions: cwede

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I would definitely say no to Vierling; he needs to bulk up before turning pro. Cuylle I think is more prepared from a physical standpoint but I was really hoping he'd be able to work on his offense against kids his age. I can't see him really contributing much in the ECHL at this time.

Garand could be interesting.

Really depends on when/if the OHL season gets going.

Id rather these guys play than not play at all.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Shitty recap for today.

Lundkvist had no points, was -1, 2 SOG, 2 PIM in 23+ minutes.

Själin had no points, was -1, had 1 SOG, and 2 PIM in 17 minutes.

Henriksson had an assist (5-on-5!), 2 PIM, 1 shot, but only played 6 minutes. He was actually the extra forward coming into the game.

Rykov was +1 with 1 SOG in 16 minutes.

Kravtsov had no points, no shots in 14:30.

Ciccolini had 1 SOG but no points in Michigan's big 5-1 win over Notre Dame.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Recap sucks again today so I'll keep it short.

Berard, Jones, Tärnström, and Ragnarsson were scoreless. Pajuniemi and Ciccolini each had an assist.

Lindbum stopped 16/18 which for him is cause for celebration.

Reactions: RGY and kovazub94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What about Berard’s SO winner?

Edit: @Amazing Kreiderman already mentioned it on the next page.
I literally do not watch shootouts unless it's like in the WJC or something. :laugh: I didn't watch ours last night--I hear Sam say, "This one's going to the shootout!" and that's my cue to kill the stream and look at the box score in five minutes. I try my best to pretend like shootouts aren't a thing.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I literally do not watch shootouts unless it's like in the WJC or something. :laugh: I didn't watch ours last night--I hear Sam say, "This one's going to the shootout!" and that's my cue to kill the stream and look at the box score in five minutes. I try my best to pretend like shootouts aren't a thing.

You’d be in luck last night if you lived in NY.

Get this the game was on MSG main channel and as the OT ends and SO about to start.... they switch it to MSG+ to get Knick’s pregame (!!!) show started. I mostly watch games on DVR so I had to go to dtmts.com to watch how the game ended. Ridiculous.

Reactions: nyr2k2

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
First. Zach Jones with the shootout GWG.
Second. Funny enough on the goal where Berard got an assist, the puck accidentally deflected off of Zach Jones's arm/shoulder in front of the net.

Both were fairly noticeable. Berard just plays a style where his boardwork and IQ makes whatever line he's put on effective. Hopefully he fills out more.

Zach Jones has lots of skill and smarts, but remains to be seen if his size, footspeed will hold him back. Very similar to Fox but maybe not as shifty. We'll see.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
University of Michigan has postponed all athletic games/events for the next 2 weeks at a minimum due to one of the more highly contagious strains of COVID.

So no games for Ciccolini and some of the top prospects in the 2021 draft for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad