Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
8 min for Tarnstrom? Jeez..
He's 18 still, and was in the J20 before they shut it down (though it may be opening up soon). I don't particularly care for him based on what I've read and seen to this point. Hopefully he gets some additional action in Allsvenskan before he goes back to J20. He did pretty well in HockeyEttan but that's not a high-quality league.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He's 18 still, and was in the J20 before they shut it down (though it may be opening up soon). I don't particularly care for him based on what I've read and seen to this point. Hopefully he gets some additional action in Allsvenskan before he goes back to J20. He did pretty well in HockeyEttan but that's not a high-quality league.

He definitely had one of the more interesting loan agreements where he went back and forth between AIK and Hanvikens. Both teams are roughly 20 mintues from where he lives so that made it easier but it was a weird arrangement

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jones keeps up his PPG pace with an assist. 5 SOG.

In 16 minutes Kravtsov had an assist and was +1, 1 SOG.

Nothing for Rykov in 11 minutes.

Tärnström in Allsvenskan again and had 1 shot and was -1 in 9 minutes.

Ragnarsson took a penalty and had one shot in a little less than 10 minutes.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Edström had the above goal, 2 PIM, and was +1 in just 8+ minutes.

Lindbum allowed 4 goals on 24 shots in an OTL.

Själin was -1 with a SOG in about 17 minutes.

Henriksson (Henrikbum?) had no points in 14 minutes.

Berard is scoreless with 3 shots in the third.

Ciccolini about to get under way.

These are starting to get depressing.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
These are starting to get depressing.

We have different tiers of prospects and creating a daily schedule and recap of all prospects on Twitter, I have subconciously divided them as such.

Lundkvist, Jones, Berard, Vierling, Robertson, Pajuniemi, Kravtsov, Schneider are the ones I am actually excited about

Cuylle, Ciccolini, Edström, Själin are/will be hit-or-miss for me

When it comes to Hughes, Lindbom, Lindbom, Rempe, Tärnström, Ragnarsson, Aaltonen and Rykov I expect nothing. If they have a good game, I consider it a bonus

Henriksson is in purgatory :laugh:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We have different tiers of prospects and creating a daily schedule and recap of all prospects on Twitter, I have subconciously divided them as such.

Lundkvist, Jones, Berard, Vierling, Robertson, Pajuniemi, Kravtsov, Schneider are the ones I am actually excited about

When it comes to Hughes, Lindbom, Lindbom, Rempe, Tärnström, Ragnarsson, Aaltonen and Rykov I expect nothing. If they have a good game, I consider it a bonus

I fully agree with those tiers, minus Cuylle. I know some weren't as high on him as me, and he was somewhat polarizing, but he's gotta be in there with Berard and Vierling at least. IMO, anyway.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

:laugh:
Henriksson is in purgatory

If we get 1 NHL player out of the bolded it will be an acceptable haul.

For your top group, I'm hoping for at least 3 of 7 and in more significant roles. Lundkvist, Schnieder the best bests, Robertson, Kravtsov, Jones in the second tier. If Berard or Vierling make it that would be a very pleasant surprise.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I fully agree with those tiers, minus Cuylle. I know some weren't as high on him as me, and he was somewhat polarizing, but he's gotta be in there with Berard and Vierling at least. IMO, anyway.

I just don't know what to make of Cuylle to be perfectly honest. Once the OHL kicks off, will he be exciting to track, or will he be an "eye test" player where a lot of the upside is away from the net?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
When it comes to Hughes, Lindbom, Rempe, Tärnström, Ragnarsson, Aaltonen and Rykov I expect nothing. If they have a good game, I consider it a bonus

makes sense, and agree mostly
but I see Karl H's season as an anomaly I wont oversignify,
and feel Cuylle (no games since drafted) and Tarnstrom (very young and sporadic roster/playing time) are way too early to tell

Reactions: Daves a mess

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I just don't know what to make of Cuylle to be perfectly honest. Once the OHL kicks off, will he be exciting to track, or will he be an "eye test" player where a lot of the upside is away from the net?
That's fair. This OHL season is going to be really weird and I have no idea how the players will react. A guy like Cuylle hasn't played for a really long time.

If circumstances were normal, I'd expect him to play at a point-per-game pace, so he'd at least be someone to follow each night. More so than a Sjalin or Edstrom where it's more interesting to see what their TOI looks like every game, haha.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That's fair. This OHL season is going to be really weird and I have no idea how the players will react. A guy like Cuylle hasn't played for a really long time.

If circumstances were normal, I'd expect him to play at a point-per-game pace, so he'd at least be someone to follow each night. More so than a Sjalin or Edstrom where it's more interesting to see what their TOI looks like every game, haha.

True but Själin has been really impressive for the first time since we drafted him. It's probably too late but his versatility could be a welcome addition to this team as a 7th D in the future, in a Brendan Smith-role.

But we probably won't sign him

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
True but Själin has been really impressive for the first time since we drafted him. It's probably too late but his versatility could be a welcome addition to this team as a 7th D in the future, in a Brendan Smith-role.

But we probably won't sign him
Yeah, I have caught parts of a few games, he is pretty solid out there. I don't think he really has any standout skills, more like he's one of those guys who is average across the board. He strikes me as more of an AHL-level player, but it would be cool to see him fight for a spot. As you said though, seems unlikely that he gets a contract. He's too far down the organizational depth chart at this point

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, I have caught parts of a few games, he is pretty solid out there. I don't think he really has any standout skills, more like he's one of those guys who is average across the board. He strikes me as more of an AHL-level player, but it would be cool to see him fight for a spot. As you said though, seems unlikely that he gets a contract. He's too far down the organizational depth chart at this point

It really sucks that he battled injuries for 3 years. We have a bunch of defenseman on their way out this summer though.

Smith, Johnson, Rykov and most likely Raddysh and Crawley.

It wouldn't be the worst thing to sign him and have him play in the AHL for a year to see what he can do. Or even loan him back to Leksands for another year to track his progression. He plays both sides with ease despite not being a really flashy defenseman. That can be very useful

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kravtsov with an assist and 2 shots in 17:30.

Nothing for Rykov in under 10 minutes.

In 14 minutes Ragnarsson managed no points or shots in a 7-1 win.

Henriksson with no points, a shot, -1, and 4 PIM in 13:30.

Edström with an assist and a +1 in under 5 minutes. He left the game early.

Lundkvist was -2 with one shot in 21:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad