Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Timrå won today and won the series. They're onto the SHL next year. As far as I know Ragnarsson's contract expires this year, so it's unclear if Timrå will bring him back. He was mostly a bottom pair guy for the whole year.

He was +3 today in a 5-0 win.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Garand stopped 8 shots in the first. He had a good season after a rough handful of games to start. Last night of the season for the WHL.
Garand finished with a 28 save shutout.

EDIT: Finished the season 15-3 with a 2.15 GAA and .921 SV%, with 3 SO. He was third in the league in GAA, Wins, and SV%.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Also made the Canadian WJC team and got a couple of appearances with the Wolfpack. A good year for him.

I like him as a prospect, easily more than any goalie we've drafted since 2014 with Shesterkin.

The positioning is sound, there's not a ton of wasted movement. It's been technical adjustments and refinements more than full-blown changes at this stage.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
has there been any actual second source reports, of Pajuniemi signing, aside from CapFriendly?
I haven't seen anything. Even the Finnish media reports cite the CapFriendly Tweet as their source. CapFriendly had oddly specific numbers though, so I'm feeling like it's legit.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I haven't seen anything. Even the Finnish media reports cite the CapFriendly Tweet as their source. CapFriendly had oddly specific numbers though, so I'm feeling like it's legit.
shocked NYR website did not have a press release yet

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
So Brian Leetch resigned? My god what kind of shit show have we got going on here for Leetch.....LEETCH to leave.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So Brian Leetch resigned? My god what kind of shit show have we got going on here for Leetch.....LEETCH to leave.
There's a thread on it. Leetch and Quinn have been buddies since high school. Leetch is also in with Gorton. They're all New England guys and close. Leetch had a largely nothing job. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

There's a thread on it. Leetch and Quinn have been buddies since high school. Leetch is also in with Gorton. They're all New England guys and close. Leetch had a largely nothing job. I wouldn't be too concerned.

repaying the trade to Leafs ....

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I like him as a prospect, easily more than any goalie we've drafted since 2014 with Shesterkin.

The positioning is sound, there's not a ton of wasted movement. It's been technical adjustments and refinements more than full-blown changes at this stage.

Wasn't his whole deal that the more shots he faced the more sloppy he got?

How was he this year with that after the initial Hartford look?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Wasn't his whole deal that the more shots he faced the more sloppy he got?

How was he this year with that after the initial Hartford look?

I can't really recall that being a takeaway.

The knocks I do remember on him were size (by 2020 standards), and that he wasn't necessarily an amazing athlete. Basically the strength of his play was all tied into his positioning and understanding of the game.

He looked very good back in the WHL after Hartford as well.

Reactions: Roo Returns

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

He's the type of kid Allaire will love. He's already fairly refined, as you note, but Allaire can work his magic on those finishing touches.

I think Garand is one to watch.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Every play off game I watch It is a smack in the face on how far the Rangers are away from being real contenders. Our centers are really second and third line quality.

After dealing with post-covid Zibanejad scored 20 goals in 29 games. Last season he was on almost a GAG pace for the long stretch until the season got interrupted. That's building up off of almost a ppg pace two seasons ago.

Try again.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Every play off game I watch It is a smack in the face on how far the Rangers are away from being real contenders. Our centers are really second and third line quality.
This is nonsense, but at the risk of using a cliche I absolutely hate, Zibanejad does not strike me as the kind of #1 center you win with.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
You are only going off of pure stats not what you need in the playoffs.. put him up against any number center in the playoffs and he gets owned at the face off circle amd score sheet. unless you can get a Adam Grave type of player on his line he will be targeted until injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad