Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.12.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
On the phone app: the very bottom right of tweets there’s a little icon that looks like some sort of tray with an arrow pointing up, press that, then Share Tweet Via..., then Copy Link, and then all you need to do it paste the link and it’ll format it and show the tweet as is for you when you post it

And I think it’s pretty similar or exactly the same on web browsers too, pretty much all you need to do is get the link to the tweet and post that
Fyi on my android phone twitter app, that icon is like a sideways V, w small circles at ends and the corner

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
im always posting from my phone so this is helpful. Any tips on how to fix being super lazy and just not trying to figure it out on my own the last how many years? Lol
Don’t have any fix for that because I’m pretty much right there with you, I figured it out when I caught someone telling someone else that was all they needed to do

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
After reading that I’d actually be shocked if he chose not to sign here. Huska is not a lock for a future nhl job. Wall can compete with him next year. Down the road from Lowell where I’m sure he has a gf and buddies he’d like to stay close but not to close to. Work with allaire to become a legit goalie and get paid. Perfect fit as he alluded to.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm trying to remember the last time we had a top, or at least decent prospect not want to sign with us.

The closest I can think of is RJ Umberger, after we acquired his rights from Vancouver. And even that was, and still is shrouded under weird circumstances.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm trying to remember the last time we had a top, or at least decent prospect not want to sign with us.

The closest I can think of is RJ Umberger, after we acquired his rights from Vancouver. And even that was, and still is shrouded under weird circumstances.

that’s the only guy I could think of and I thought it was because we didn’t want to pay him max money or guarantee him an nhl spot

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

we were also a terrible team with no future in sight back then...in hindsight we got good in a hurry following the lockout but thats not how the future looked at the time

Reactions: Edge

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
that’s the only guy I could think of and I thought it was because we didn’t want to pay him max money or guarantee him an nhl spot

That was one of the things floated around, and I can't remember if I ever got a clear answer.

There was the thought we didn't want to guarantee him a roster spot line --- which I don't think is accurate. (He spent the next season in the AHL because of the lockout, and also had a brief stint the following season when play resumed.)

There was the thought that we never had any intention of signing him and just wanted the pick. (Vancouver knew they weren't signing him and this allowed them to not have to ship their own second round pick to us in the deal.)

There was the thought we wanted the second pick and the opportunity to sign him.

There was the thought he wanted to test UFA no matter what.

And then there was all kinds of side rumors floating out there - that we never approached him with a deal, that he was a bit of a flake, etc.

Personally, I tend to lean toward the belief that he wanted to test UFA and pick his spot. The Rangers were a dumpster fire at that time, and no one knew that 2005-2006 was going to be such a turnaround for the franchise.

But that's the closest I can think of.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Does JAM count? He wasn't a Rangers prospect, we didn't own his rights but with him on an AHL deal with the Wolf Pack, we did offer him a contract and he refused

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Does JAM count? He wasn't a Rangers prospect, we didn't own his rights but with him on an AHL deal with the Wolf Pack, we did offer him a contract and he refused
I guess it would depend on how you viewed JAM. At the time I remember it as like "Aw, shucks" but not any big loss. I know a few other people were way higher on JAM though, so for them it definitely might apply.

Tolchinsky was another one. All indications were that he'd be signing with us, until he went to Traverse with Carolina and signed there (IIRC).

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

In my mind that's probably a little different because we didn't actually draft him and then wait on his development over several years. And that's why even Umberger isn't quite a perfect fit.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
... Tolchinsky was another one. All indications were that he'd be signing with us, until he went to Traverse with Carolina and signed there (IIRC).
Tolchinski saga as i recall.
He went to prospect Camp w both NYR and Canes. That ATO left him eligible for ELC w either until his Junior season (SSM) began.
He had accepted NYR invite to TC but then ~August, Canes offered a full ELC, so he took that.
Unlike JAM or Zdlicky he never earned NHL time ( 2 2-game stints)

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
That was one of the things floated around, and I can't remember if I ever got a clear answer.

There was the thought we didn't want to guarantee him a roster spot line --- which I don't think is accurate. (He spent the next season in the AHL because of the lockout, and also had a brief stint the following season when play resumed.)

There was the thought that we never had any intention of signing him and just wanted the pick. (Vancouver knew they weren't signing him and this allowed them to not have to ship their own second round pick to us in the deal.)

There was the thought we wanted the second pick and the opportunity to sign him.

There was the thought he wanted to test UFA no matter what.

And then there was all kinds of side rumors floating out there - that we never approached him with a deal, that he was a bit of a flake, etc.

Personally, I tend to lean toward the belief that he wanted to test UFA and pick his spot. The Rangers were a dumpster fire at that time, and no one knew that 2005-2006 was going to be such a turnaround for the franchise.

But that's the closest I can think of.

Man, the way I remember it was we wanted the pick the whole time. VAN wasn't signing him, and neither were we, and the deal was just for the guaranteed 2nd round pick. I don't think we ever made serious contact about an offer. Could be wrong, but that's how I recall it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Now if someone could teach me how to imbed the twitter stuff id be cruising
It’s all automatic now. I did it yesterday and was surprised how smooth it was.

Edit: that was a YouTube link I did. But indeed, it’s all automated if you’ve got a link.

Edit2:

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
im always posting from my phone so this is helpful. Any tips on how to fix being super lazy and just not trying to figure it out on my own the last how many years? Lol
upload_2020-1-30_17-23-28.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Robertson had 1+1 his last time out. After a bit of a slow start, he needs two points in his next six games to surpass his raw totals from last season.

Leevi Aaltonen, who has not been playing with KalPa recently and is having kind of a disappointing season, has been loaned to IPK in Mestis for at least three games.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Reunanen had an assist, and more, importantly, played 20+ minutes for the first time in a long while. He has 13 points on 36 games, which won't get him to last year's totals, but is still pretty decent.

Sjalin has 0 points in 12 games in Allsvenskan. Very disappointing, as this needed to be a big year for him.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Rough night for the Rangers collegiate prospects:

Ciccolini and Michigan won 3-2, he didnt have any points.

Miller and Wisconsin lost 6-2. He didnt have any points.

Barron and Cornell lost 5-0. Obviously he didn't have any points.

Kjellberg and RPI won 7-1. He didn't have any points.

Hughes and Northeastern won 4-3. He didn't have any points.

Jones and UMASS lost 3-0. Obviously he didnt have any points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad