Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.12.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Hughes had an assist in Northeastern 3-2 win (Thursday). Yesterday they lost 10-1. Future Ranger Alex Newhook had 3 points :sarcasm:.

Kjellberg didnt have any points in his teams 4-0 win.

Barron had an assist in his teams 4-0 win.

Jones and UMASS faced off against Wall and UMASS Lowell with Wall coming out on top 3-2. Jones didnt have any points and Wall stopped 38 of 40.

Wisconsin and Miller finally won a game, 7-6, against Arizona State. He had 2 assists.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Nice to see Paju finally score on a goal that isn't a one-timer from the left circle :laugh:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Nothing for Nanne.

Barron with the ENG.

Nothing yet for Kjellberg with 10 to go.

Wall has stopped 37 of 40 so far.

Jones has an assist.

Nothing for Miller, but they're only half done.

To update what NYR2K2 posted yesterday:

Kjellberg finished without any points in RPIs 7-1 win.

Jones and UMASS got revenge against Wall and UMASS Lowell with a 5-3 win. Jones finished with that one assist and Wall stopped 45 of 49 (5th goal was an ENG). Wall has faced almost 90 shots in the two games against UMASS this weekend.

Miller and Wisconsin won 6-2. He didn't have any points.

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Lindbom not getting any action after Wallin gives up 2 on 6 shots against the worst team in Allsvenskan.

Not saying he can’t be a good goalie at some point, but he’s running out of runway as a Rangers prospect.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Lindbom not getting any action after Wallin gives up 2 on 6 shots against the worst team in Allsvenskan.

Not saying he can’t be a good goalie at some point, but he’s running out of runway as a Rangers prospect.

not sure why he was drafted in the 2nd Round considering his draft ranking and the depth in the Rangers system.

Reactions: bl02

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindbom doesn't need to be signed until the summer of 2022, so he still has two full years to justify a contract offer. The question with him is, is there a reason to believe at this point that he can actually do that? He has time, but does he have the ability? It seemed likely after Reunanen's D+2 season that he was finished, but then that next year he took off. So it can be done. Just not sure Lindbom is that good. I've seen flashes, but he's inconsistent and can't stay healthy.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So do we expect to see Pajuniemi and Reaunanen in Hartford next season? Add Wall and Barron potentially and that's a big group. Any inside knowledge on Robertson's or Miller's timetables?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
So do we expect to see Pajuniemi and Reaunanen in Hartford next season? Add Wall and Barron potentially and that's a big group. Any inside knowledge on Robertson's or Miller's timetables?

Barron and K'Andre have NCAA eligibility remaining,
Roberston has Major Junior eligibility remaining

Barron seems likely to turn pro, per his coach's comments
-K'Andre, i hope not, despite the Wisco/Granto disrespect which is common among some HFBoards posters, he is still learning the position, and Big 10 is good hockey

Roberston is signed, but not sure if he is AHL eligible** this fall, he could play some games w NYR without burning a contract year

Tarmo, as noted is a given to be here in the fall

Panju is signed for next year in Finland, but there are transfer agreements which would allow him to sign w NYR;
if he signs and its not the right thing, he could be reassigned back to Finland for the season as was done w Tarmo

** added detail
Matthew Robertson (b.2001) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Roberston has only 3 full WHL seasons so far, that may affect whether he can play at AHL

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Barron and K'Andre have NCAA eligibility remaining,
Roberston has Major Junior eligibility remaining

Barron seems likely to turn pro, per his coach's comments
-K'Andre, i hope not, despite the Wisco/Granto disrespect which is common among some HFBoards posters, he is still learning the position, and Big 10 is good hockey

Roberston is signed, but not sure if he is AHL eligible** this fall, he could play some games w NYR without burning a contract year

Tarmo, as noted is a given to be here in the fall

Panju is signed for next year in Finland, but there are transfer agreements which would allow him to sign w NYR;
if he signs and its not the right thing, he could be reassigned back to Finland for the season as was done w Tarmo

** added detail
Matthew Robertson (b.2001) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Roberston has only 3 full WHL seasons so far, that may affect whether he can play at AHL

Robertson will turn 19 in march so it will be another year of juniors for him assuming he doesn't make the rangers

Reactions: kovazub94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pajuniemi, I would be surprised. Reunanen will be here.

Barron should be here. K'Andre is a question--I would like to get him away from Wisconsin unless they were to fire Granato. That program has sucked for a while now. Wall I assume will sign.

Robertson in the Dub again.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I’ve seen Arizona State hockey and the quality is not good beyond Johnny Walker. If Wisco has to battle with them, get Miller out the 1st chance you get.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Lindbom doesn't need to be signed until the summer of 2022, so he still has two full years to justify a contract offer. The question with him is, is there a reason to believe at this point that he can actually do that? He has time, but does he have the ability? It seemed likely after Reunanen's D+2 season that he was finished, but then that next year he took off. So it can be done. Just not sure Lindbom is that good. I've seen flashes, but he's inconsistent and can't stay healthy.

Could very well be the case. Both Reunanen & Lindbom both have had serious injuries to start their careers. Fortunately Reunanen has turned it around, hopefully Lindbom can too.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Only North American prospect that was playing yesterday from what I could tell was Gross. He had an assist in his teams 2-1 win.

Hes been on a bit of a tear recently. Hes had 6 points in the last 6 games. All were assists.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nice to see Paju finally score on a goal that isn't a one-timer from the left circle :laugh:

There are of course many players over the years, including the leagues outside the NHL, that found a honey spot on the PP and scored a bunch of goals from it. But lol I don't think anyone beats Pajuniemi by a very wide margin at least when its comes to having a share of goals coming from one spot. Its probably easy to exaggerate these things, but like well over 50% of his goals must come from that area?

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
There are of course many players over the years, including the leagues outside the NHL, that found a honey spot on the PP and scored a bunch of goals from it. But lol I don't think anyone beats Pajuniemi by a very wide margin at least when its comes to having a share of goals coming from one spot. Its probably easy to exaggerate these things, but like well over 50% of his goals must come from that area?
Seems higher than that honestly, but you could easily skim through AJ Rangers twitter to watch his goals from this year

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad