Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.12.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Interesting about Kjellberg. Coming out of the draft there was next to nothing written about him. One of the only things was a video with him being interviewed by a Rangers reporter where he said his best attribute was his skating. Because then watching him with Dubuque, I thought his skating sucked. It was weird. So I'm glad to see someone else watching him and coming away with the same conclusion.

I don't know much about him but based on what we have heard, this may be a scenario where a player is just so physically immature and weak just based on where he is within his personal physical development that it may be something that can improve. His 11 points in 28 games is pretty solid for a Freshman d-man, do we think that may be the case?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
10 minutes left in the 3rd Skinner without any points, game tied at 2.

4 minutes left in the 3rd Gross without any points. They are losing 3-2.

Robertson's game is just starting.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't know much about him but based on what we have heard, this may be a scenario where a player is just so physically immature and weak just based on where he is within his personal physical development that it may be something that can improve. His 11 points in 28 games is pretty solid for a Freshman d-man, do we think that may be the case?
I don't know with him. He looked like an average USHL player to me, who couldn't skate. And now someone I trust tells me he looks like an ordinary player who still can't skate, just in the NCAA. He is young of course and can still develop, for sure. I just don't know what he's actually good at.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Been a tough year for Rykov. Just can't gain any traction. Thought maybe he had a chance at the big club if things went a bit more his way. Hope he can stay healthy and at least help the wolfpack for their playoff run.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rykov missed a few games, came back and scored a goal, and has subsequently missed a couple more, if memory serves.

I have no illusions of Rykov being a top-pairing defender (I've never been that high on him) but he's totally the type of guy that would do well with Trouba, or I guess that Trouba would do well next to him. I think Rykov's solid defense, good skating, good puck-moving (but nothing like an OFD) style would really play well with Trouba.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I thought someone said they saw on howlings it was an upper-body thing

has missed a few games now, couldn't find anything on twitter about an injury

Been a tough year for Rykov. Just can't gain any traction. Thought maybe he had a chance at the big club if things went a bit more his way. Hope he can stay healthy and at least help the wolfpack for their playoff run.

found it, from Sunday (URL reads howlings.net/2020/02/16/ )

CANTLON: (FRI) ROCKET CRASHES IN HARTFORD
Yegor Rykov – (Upper-Body) For the fourth time in the last five games is just about ready to return to action.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Just some interesting notes on Barron from the Cornell pregame post:

Junior forward Morgan Barron (#27, 13-17–30, 5 PPGs) continues to lead the team in scoring after tying for the league lead on five points last week. He now has nine points in just his last five games and now ranks 13th in the country with an average of 1.20 points per game.
• The Preseason All-ECAC Hockey selection has become the first Cornell men's hockey player with at least 30 points in his first three seasons on East Hill since Riley Nash (2007-10)

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
If we end up keeping Kreider and somehow manage to make the playoffs, is there any feasibility at all of bringing Lundkvist over for a playoff run? I feel like even with feeling his way around he'll be an upgrade of Staal/Skjei

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If we end up keeping Kreider and somehow manage to make the playoffs, is there any feasibility at all of bringing Lundkvist over for a playoff run? I feel like even with feeling his way around he'll be an upgrade of Staal/Skjei

I don't know when his season ends, but I seriously doubt there's any chance he comes over this year. As to him being an upgrade on Staal/Skjei, that's ridiculous. A 19 year old dman playing his off side, with zero NHL experience, isn't going to be better than Staal or Skjei.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Even ignoring that Lundkvist is a RW it’s very unlikely.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

He would need to be released by the national team, big risk of that not happening early.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

on the other hand, Tarmo is (a) already on a NYR contract, and (b) maybe not a likely candidate for the national team

not sure when his season may end,
i believe this indicates regular season ends March 14
Schedule | Liiga

and i dont know their playoffs setup but Lukko is in 5th overall.
1 pt out of 4th, 2 pts out of 3rd, with game-in-hand on both those teams
Standings calculator | Liiga

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
on the other hand, Tarmo is (a) already on a NYR contract, and (b) maybe not a likely candidate for the national team

not sure when his season may end,
i believe this indicates regular season ends March 14
Schedule | Liiga

and i dont know their playoffs setup but Lukko is in 5th overall.
1 pt out of 4th, 2 pts out of 3rd, with game-in-hand on both those teams
Standings calculator | Liiga

Hartford thread and as almost assuredly WP will make the playoffs (as the Rangers won’t), it also more feasible that Reunanen joins them instead.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

They aren't signing Lundkvist during the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->