Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.12.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
There's plenty to be optimistic about. The Athletic just said we had the fourth-best system despite not considering the guys in the pros. I know with Andersson and to an extent Kravtsov, it kind of feels like things are disappointing, but beyond them I am not really disappointed in anything. Henriksson, I wanted to see more production from him, but his play apparently exceeds his production and now he's won a spot back in the SHL, playing ahead of Lucas Raymond, even. And Miller, in, a vacuum, seems like he's having a down year, but it's impossible to evaluate his season without the context of his dreadful team that's probably going to get Granato fired.

I think we're doing really well.

Regarding Henriksson I want to chime in. I spoke to him a few weeks ago and asked him about his time with Södertälje. He told me that it was a huge change, both on and off the ice from junior to Swedish pro hockey. He was learning a lot and it was, in his opinion, the biggest reason he was able to win a spot on the team when he was finally back with Frölunda.

While the production in Allsvenskan wasn't there, it definitely made him a better player and that's something that doesn't really show up on the scoresheet. His confident got a boost, and going from SuperElit to Allsvenskan to World Juniors, gave him that edge he feels he needed to be a contributor for team Sweden at the WJC.

The coaching staff in Göteborg also acknowledged he has taken a big leap as a player and that they are rewarding him for that. While on the surface it may not have looked like much, those 6 weeks with Södertälje were huge for Henriksson

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Aaaand it looks like Henriksson is gonna be the 13th forward tonight, with Jacob Peterson back in the lineup next to Hjalmarsson and Lasch.

Edit: Not even in the lineup since Patrik Carlsson is back from his illness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
:laugh:

I just lol'ed hard enough at these back to back posts that the guy in the office next to me called out to ask "what the f*** I was doing."

I need to sleep better.

Reactions: egelband

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Glad to see Jay Bouwmeester is going to be ok. Thankful the NHL teams have capable medical staff and equipment at the games, as well as EMS resources in such instances. 19 year old Alexei Chereponov was not as fortunate. The KHL did not have any such medical staff or equipment and the Siberian Express never had a chance. He’d be 31 years old today.

Would be 31 today WOW!!

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Glad to see Jay Bouwmeester is going to be ok. Thankful the NHL teams have capable medical staff and equipment at the games, as well as EMS resources in such instances. 19 year old Alexei Chereponov was not as fortunate. The KHL did not have any such medical staff or equipment and the Siberian Express never had a chance. He’d be 31 years old today.

Would be 31 today WOW!!

imagine him and Panarin. I still get sad watching his highlights

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Even if you just want to look at later picks, a guy like Hunter Skinner has put himself on the map. He has had some dominant games and has an intriguing blend of size and skill. He's putting it together. Ciccolini is having a nice Freshman season, particularly for a guy coming out of Junior A into the Big Ten. Even Kjellberg who looked like a turd on skates in the USHL last year is having a good first year. Went from a nothing to something at least worth following.

Edstrom was expected to be in the J20 this year, and not only made the SHL team but forced his way from fourth line and occasional spare to the third line where he's actually contributing. Aaltonen had a rough start but has picked it up since his Mestis spell. He's so skilled, just really raw.

There's plenty to be optimistic about. The Athletic just said we had the fourth-best system despite not considering the guys in the pros. I know with Andersson and to an extent Kravtsov, it kind of feels like things are disappointing, but beyond them I am not really disappointed in anything. Henriksson, I wanted to see more production from him, but his play apparently exceeds his production and now he's won a spot back in the SHL, playing ahead of Lucas Raymond, even. And Miller, in, a vacuum, seems like he's having a down year, but it's impossible to evaluate his season without the context of his dreadful team that's probably going to get Granato fired.

I think we're doing really well.

Agreed, but also having bad season are: Henriksson, Aaltonen, Kravtsov, Lindbom, Ragnarsson, Elmer, Newell, Hughes. And I am not sure 1 goal in 26 games is supposed to be good for a RW Ciccolini. Also Day, Fontaine, Ronning, Gropp, Meskanen are pretty much busted as NHL level.

Huska and Hajek are having a pretty bad season as well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Agreed, but also having bad season are: Henriksson, Aaltonen, Kravtsov, Lindbom, Ragnarsson, Elmer, Newell, Hughes. And I am not sure 1 goal in 26 games is supposed to be good for a RW Ciccolini. Also Day, Fontaine, Ronning, Gropp, Meskanen are pretty much busted as NHL level.

Huska and Hajek are having a pretty bad season as well.
LOL, really? I mentioned Kravtsov as a disappointment. I provided my views on Henriksson. Lindbom sucks and everyone knew it was a poor pick, so why are we hung up on it?

Ragnarsson is not having a bad season and has turned it around big time at Timra.

Ciccolini has just one goal, but 11 points, and has been getting shifts in the top six. As a Freshman, coming out of Junior A (not Major Junior). That's a good year. Objectively.

Huska has struggled of late but has been very good in most starts. Watch him and you'll see. There's a reason the team signed him after his Junior year. He's a good player.

Elmer? Newell? UDFA longshots? You're upset about them? Hughes? Picked at the end of the draft? These guys bust 99% of the time. Who cares? No one should have had any expectations for these players whatsoever. Ronning was a seventh round pick. Fontaine is out for the year who was also the 171st pick of the draft four years ago. Meskanen was a free signing who got hurt, never recovered and left. I really think you need to adjust your expectations of these UDFA players and late picks because they almost always fail. And yet you give no credit for a Keane, a Pajuniemi, a Wall, a Barron, a Huska or a Shesterkin. And completely ignore grabbing Buchnevich, Duclair, and Ryan Graves with successive picks in rounds 3-4.

I mean really, go find the success rate of picks by position or round (it's easy to find) and then look at what we've done. We're batting well above average in round 3-7. The UDFA players? That's literally a crapshoot.

Now, again. Gropp, Lindbom. Those are fair picks to complain about and lots of people did, do, and will. Justifiably so. Bad picks at the time, bad picks now. I'm not arguing we're a great drafting team because we miss too often at the top. It just seems odd to criticize all the mid/late-round picks though, since we actually do really well there.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
LOL, really? I mentioned Kravtsov as a disappointment. I provided my views on Henriksson. Lindbom sucks and everyone knew it was a poor pick, so why are we hung up on it?

Ragnarsson is not having a bad season and has turned it around big time at Timra.

Ciccolini has just one goal, but 11 points, and has been getting shifts in the top six. As a Freshman, coming out of Junior A (not Major Junior). That's a good year. Objectively.

Huska has struggled of late but has been very good in most starts. Watch him and you'll see. There's a reason the team signed him after his Junior year. He's a good player.

Elmer? Newell? UDFA longshots? You're upset about them? Hughes? Picked at the end of the draft? These guys bust 99% of the time. Who cares? No one should have had any expectations for these players whatsoever. Ronning was a seventh round pick. Fontaine is out for the year who was also the 171st pick of the draft four years ago. Meskanen was a free signing who got hurt, never recovered and left. I really think you need to adjust your expectations of these UDFA players and late picks because they almost always fail. And yet you give no credit for a Keane, a Pajuniemi, a Wall, a Barron, a Huska or a Shesterkin. And completely ignore grabbing Buchnevich, Duclair, and Ryan Graves with successive picks in rounds 3-4.

I mean really, go find the success rate of picks by position or round (it's easy to find) and then look at what we've done. We're batting well above average in round 3-7. The UDFA players? That's literally a crapshoot.

Now, again. Gropp, Lindbom. Those are fair picks to complain about and lots of people did, do, and will. Justifiably so. Bad picks at the time, bad picks now. I'm not arguing we're a great drafting team because we miss too often at the top. It just seems odd to criticize all the mid/late-round picks though, since we actually do really well there.
Yeah I would like to see some of our guys make our 1st and 2nd round selections.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad