Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have to imagine NYR would offer a pretty enticing ELC bonus package to get Zac Jones to sign in the summer of 2022

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I have to imagine NYR would offer a pretty enticing ELC bonus package to get Zac Jones to sign in the summer of 2022
If 'Pack are playoff contenders, and maybe NYR,
I think he could well be one of those guys who signs ELC the same night his NCAA team's season ends, and an AHL ATO, and moves right up
IF NYR need him, the ELC can start that season, else in October

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hugo-Ollas.jpg

Cause Baby got Back

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kravtsov, Henriksson, Rykov, and Edström were scoreless. Kravtsov played 19 minutes and the other three played 8-10 each.

Lundkvist had 1+1 in 25 minutes.

Ollas took the OTL, stopping 18/20. This was his SHL debut. He also hadn't played in approximately 6 years.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Kravtsov, Henriksson, Rykov, and Edström were scoreless. Kravtsov played 19 minutes and the other three played 8-10 each.

Lundkvist had 1+1 in 25 minutes.

Ollas took the OTL, stopping 18/20. This was his SHL debut. He also hadn't played in approximately 6 years.
how has henriksson been developing? I've heard nothing about him this season

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He started the year getting big minutes on the top line. He is defensively responsible (not a liability anyway) and can make some sneaky plays.

However, he has 0 goals and 6 assists in 36 games, which is hugely disappointing, particularly considering he has played the vast majority of his time on the top line with Lundqvist and Friberg. 35 shots in that time. Recently, he has been a scratch several times, or an extra forward, or had his ice time reduced (from 13-14 minutes down to 8-10).

He was also ticketed for the WJC where he would have assumed his regular spot between Raymond and Holtz, but COVID screwed that up.

You can say, well he's 20, his 200-foot game has developed and he has more or less stuck in the SHL all year, and therefore that's a positive development. One of the youngest guys out there and all.

Or, you can look at it as he's a small guy who doesn't skate very well who has yet to demonstrate any offense at all against adults, which is a serious concern. I'm more in this camp than the former but it's up to interpretation.

Reactions: egelband and RGY

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He started the year getting big minutes on the top line. He is defensively responsible (not a liability anyway) and can make some sneaky plays.

However, he has 0 goals and 6 assists in 36 games, which is hugely disappointing, particularly considering he has played the vast majority of his time on the top line with Lundqvist and Friberg. 35 shots in that time. Recently, he has been a scratch several times, or an extra forward, or had his ice time reduced (from 13-14 minutes down to 8-10).

He was also ticketed for the WJC where he would have assumed his regular spot between Raymond and Holtz, but COVID screwed that up.

You can say, well he's 20, his 200-foot game has developed and he has more or less stuck in the SHL all year, and therefore that's a positive development. One of the youngest guys out there and all.

Or, you can look at it as he's a small guy who doesn't skate very well who has yet to demonstrate any offense at all against adults, which is a serious concern. I'm more in this camp than the former but it's up to interpretation.
Yeah the latter is the feeling I've been getting. A guy that small who can't skate well doesn't seem like the greatest recipe for success offensively, and I definitely doubt his upside.

That is partially my problem with the Rangers. I wish they'd target some more dynamic skaters in the draft. The team will need an injection of speed sooner or later. Obviously it's not as easy as drafting a guy who can skate though, or else Antonio Stranges would've went top 10.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

Yeah the latter is the feeling I've been getting. A guy that small who can't skate well doesn't seem like the greatest recipe for success offensively, and I definitely doubt his upside.
That is partially my problem with the Rangers. I wish they'd target some more dynamic skaters in the draft. The team will need an injection of speed sooner or later. Obviously it's not as easy as drafting a guy who can skate though, or else Antonio Stranges would've went top 10.

Karl H is having a tough D+2 season for sure. Me, I try to let each guy's path play out, every guy's is different.
He needs to show more. I don't yet doubt that he might.
But he hasn't earned a trip over here for next season.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Henriksson's season has been underwhelming and did not meet my expectations. However, injuries and battling COVID causing him to miss the WJC affected his season.

Let's not forget that he was projected to be the top line center for Sweden at the WJC. That's how young he still is.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Henriksson's season has been underwhelming and did not meet my expectations. However, injuries and battling COVID causing him to miss the WJC affected his season.

Let's not forget that he was projected to be the top line center for Sweden at the WJC. That's how young he still is.
I mentioned all this in my recap of his season. It doesn't change anything for me. He could have gone to the WJC and played with two elite talents and beat up on kids. He's done that before, we know he can do it. He is one of the youngest in the SHL. I feel like the "age vs level" thing is about the only thing working in his favor at this point, and even then his lack of production is finally catching up to him in terms of diminished role.

He has plenty of time to evolve--the last time this came up I referenced Reunanen's D+2 season to his D+3 season. He was a young guy, too. The problem with Henriksson, for me, is that there are legitimate concerns about ability, with the size/skating issue. If he didn't have those concerns attached I'd be more inclined to wait it out.

That said, we have a couple years to make a decision, so who knows. I'm not impressed by the early returns.

Reactions: RGY

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindbum allowed 5 goals on 28 shots in a 5-4 OTL. :(

His GAA is 3.47 and his SV% is .875. The guy he splits time with, the undrafted Matteus Ward, is younger than Lindbum, and has a 2.69 GAA and .907 SV% in 3 more games than Oloful.

:( :(

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens

His GAA is 3.47 and his SV% is .875. The guy he splits time with, the undrafted Matteus Ward, is younger than Lindbum, and has a 2.69 GAA and .907 SV% in 3 more games than Oloful.

I got a kick out of Oloful :laugh: Between that and Ole Ass you've been killing it with these goalie nicknames. Looking forward to your posts on Dylan Garand-teed Loss.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

Never liked that pick from day one. This team and their addiction with drafting f***ing goalies in spots it's not even remotely necessary.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

He is f***ing terrible. You cannot tell me otherwise. Unless he is facing constant odd man rushes, this will go down as one of the worst 2nd round picks in team history.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad