Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.27.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Scoreless 1st period for Barron but he's been really good. Cornell is kind of dominating Harvard right now and Barron's line has some really good chances they just haven't been able to finish them off.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wall and UMASS Lowell came back from being down 2-0 to win 3-2. Wall stopped 35 of 37. Hes now 10-2-4 1.64GAA .947 SAV%.

Miller and Wisconsin lost 3-0 against Michigan State.

Nanne and Minnesota lost to Ohio State 3-2 with Nanne getting a PP assist.

Michigan and Ciccolini beat Penn State 4-1 with Ciccolini getting an assist.

Jones and UMASS beat Maine 5-1. Jones didnt get any points.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Is anyone keeping close tabs on the Oil Kings. I feel like Robertson has been having a pretty disappointing season.

His Edmonton team is 19-6-6. It's a good team. Robertson's -12 is by far the worst +/- on the team. Most all of his teammates are + players. He looked very good at Traverse and training camp seemed to go well.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
His Edmonton team is 19-6-6. It's a good team. Robertson's -12 is by far the worst +/- on the team. Most all of his teammates are + players. He looked very good at Traverse and training camp seemed to go well.
The likely way to a large minus is consistent icetime vs opponent's best.
And maybe some bad luck
I wont worry yet. Will anticipate "regression to the mean" and his ##s drifting closer to his teammates'

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The likely way to a large minus is consistent icetime vs opponent's best.
And maybe some bad luck
I wont worry yet. Will anticipate "regression to the mean" and his ##s drifting closer to his teammates'

That's true---it's just that that stat is way out of line with the rest of his teammates. He is known as a very very good defensive player. I'm not sure what is going on here.

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
That's true---it's just that that stat is way out of line with the rest of his teammates. He is known as a very very good defensive player. I'm not sure what is going on here.
Bust. Trade him and Andersson to the Devils for their big disappointment, what's his name? Hughes?

Reactions: egelband

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Not a great 2nd for Cornell as whole and Barron specifically. Seemed a little hesistant and trying to be a bit too cute.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wall with a rare loss, stopped 27/30.

Miller is scoreless and an ugly -4.

Kjellberg back in the lineup tonight and scoreless.

Jones is scoreless in a game that's almost over.

Ciccolini scoreless with a period to play.

Nanne scoreless, halfway home.

Hughes without a point, late.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Miller needs to get away from that Wisconsin coaching staff quick. That staff is awful. They have no clue what they are doing.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
That’s not what I heard. I heard: That staff is awful. They have no clue what they are doing.
Mark Osiecki is in his second term as the defensive coach at Wisconsin. He has helped develop a number of NHL defensemen. What may be more accurate is that Tony Granato is struggling as a head coach. Badgers are way below expectations this year. If the Rangers don’t feel that Miller is getting proper development, they will encourage him to leave school.

Once they acquired Lindgren, I believe they encouraged him to leave Minnesota. I know for a fact they tried to get Skeji to leave school early. Minnesota was a development dumpster fire under Don Lucia (since fired)

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Is there anywhere I can find people talking about Robertson, the Oil Kings and the WHL? Curious about his +/-, it looks concerning, but at the same time it's +/-. All the forums/subreddits/whatever I can find for the Dub are totally dead, but for the OHL you can find people talking about Hunter Skinner's back hair on HF

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Mark Osiecki is in his second term as the defensive coach at Wisconsin. He has helped develop a number of NHL defensemen. What may be more accurate is that Tony Granato is struggling as a head coach. Badgers are way below expectations this year. If the Rangers don’t feel that Miller is getting proper development, they will encourage him to leave school.

Once they acquired Lindgren, I believe they encouraged him to leave Minnesota. I know for a fact they tried to get Skeji to leave school early. Minnesota was a development dumpster fire under Don Lucia (since fired)

Look the guy with 35 different user names that couldn't pick Mark Osiecki out of a police lineup consisting of a monkey, polar bear, baby harp seal, and MO, says the defensive staff sucks.

I am sorry but I am going to have to defer to that kind of expertise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->