Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.27.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I dunno, doctors lie all the time. I wouldn't trust them.

I saw the way True Blue hit you, it was clearly a blow to the head. Your value is forever ruined.

Can't ruin what was never there. Unless my value was assessed by PB poster (Russian bias).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If we claimed him, we'd still have to try to get him through waivers eventually to send him to Hartford, wouldn't we?
Correct.

Doesn't seem to be big or physical, and only 12 points in 75 AHL games. Seems like we could find someone like him that's unsigned somewhere.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ragnarsson is still suffering from his concussion and didn't play.

Karl Henriksson was the spare forward. His time in Allsvenskan isn't going great from a productivity standpoint.

Reactions: egelband and Ola

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ragnarsson is still suffering from his concussion and didn't play.

Karl Henriksson was the spare forward. His time in Allsvenskan isn't going great from a productivity standpoint.
Just for reference re: Henriksson, in 12 games he has 1 assist and 7 SOG.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm not familiar with this. Can you cite it so that I can read up?

I can't really look up the exact CBA article on it now, but I remember the situation with Reid Boucher where he was waived several times and it was mentioned that if only one team put in a claim he could be sent down without waivers.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I can't really look up the exact CBA article on it now, but I remember the situation with Reid Boucher where he was waived several times and it was mentioned that if only one team put in a claim he could be sent down without waivers.
I don't think that's right. If you're waived, claimed, and then waived again and claimed by your original team, they can send you to the AHL without waiving you again. But that's it. The whole purpose of waivers is so guys with NHL service time don't get buried in the minors by one team when other teams would want their services, even if it's only one other team.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
If we claimed him, we'd still have to try to get him through waivers eventually to send him to Hartford, wouldn't we?

Correct. Doesn't seem to be big or physical, and only 12 points in 75 AHL games. Seems like we could find someone like him that's unsigned somewhere.

Depends. If we are the only team putting in a claim, he doesn't have to clear waivers. If there are several teams putting in a claim, he has to pass through waivers again.

i am not convinced he'd need waivers to go down,
he is on an ELC, and with 0 NHL games played (but i do not presume to be a CBA nerd ...)

David Sklenička - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
David Sklenicka Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

i noticed this because I recall some attention paid when Habs signed him in summer '18 as UFA
(along with a slightly older Czech D teammate, who didn't last in NA thru '18-19) .
But, yeah, everything re Habs generates buzz ...

Canadiens agree to terms with David Sklenicka and Michal Moravcik

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
i am not convinced he'd need waivers to go down,
he is on an ELC, and with 0 NHL games played (but i do not presume to be a CBA nerd ...)

David Sklenička - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
David Sklenicka Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

i noticed this because I recall some attention paid when Habs signed him in summer '18 as UFA
(along with a slightly older Czech D teammate, who didn't last in NA thru '18-19) .
But, yeah, everything re Habs generates buzz ...

Canadiens agree to terms with David Sklenicka and Michal Moravcik
Oooooh. Got it. So he's on unconditional waivers. They're doing a mutual contract termination so he can go home. He's otherwise exempt from waivers. That changes the story. Yeah, theoretically we could claim him and then send him straight to Hartford, but it doesn't seem like the player is interested, and would probably refuse assignment.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

i believe this is regarding guys who are NOT waivers exempt
If (a) a team X waives a guy (to demote him) ,
but (b) he gets claimed by another team Y,
then (c) that team Y waives him,
and (d) initial team X claims him,
and (e) no one else does,
(f) the guy can be demoted without new waivers by the original team X

IIRC ... and what i read then was accurate 8^)

Reactions: Ola

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Oooooh. Got it. So he's on unconditional waivers. They're doing a mutual contract termination so he can go home. He's otherwise exempt from waivers. That changes the story. Yeah, theoretically we could claim him and then send him straight to Hartford, but it doesn't seem like the player is interested, and would probably refuse assignment.

well, what i read a few minues ago, after i started this, is that
he asked for his release when Laval\Habs tried to demote him to ECHL
if Clark's guys liked him, and Drury seeks LHD depth for HWP,
we could give him a spin, then always start this merry-go-round again if he doesn't cut it with HWP ...

Reactions: Harbour Dog

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
i believe this is regarding guys who are NOT waivers exempt
If (a) a team X waives a guy (to demote him) ,
but (b) he gets claimed by another team Y,
then (c) that team Y waives him,
and (d) initial team X claims him,
and (e) no one else does,
(f) the guy can be demoted without new waivers by the original team X

IIRC ... and what i read then was accurate 8^)
Yes, this is correct.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
well, what i read a few minues ago, after i started this, is that
he asked for his release when Laval\Habs tried to demote him to ECHL
if Clark's guys liked him, and Drury seeks LHD depth for HWP,
we could give him a spin, then always start this merry-go-round again if he doesn't cut it with HWP ...
Yeah this is like Stromwall, who didn't want to spend anymore time in Greenville. He wanted out and we let him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad