Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Team Canada is so stacked its not even funny. Askarov is the only hope for keeping them from winning Gold.

Russia U20 just went 3:0 against each of Finland, Sweden and Czech Republic men’s teams and it wasn’t just Askarov. Due to new salary cap and pandemic at least half of their roster has been playing in the KHL this season.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tarmo the 1LD against TPS where Pajuniemi is the 2RW (opposite good old Korpedo).

KalPa is playing Poleaxe but Aaltonen is still loaned out to the Mestis club.

Henriksson the 1LW with Joel Lundqvist and Friberg. Let's see if he can contribute any offense today.

Lundkvist on the second pair next to Sondell.

Rykov on the third pair.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Would not be surprised if the NCAA pulls the switch pretty soon. Well there is a xmas break coming up pretty soon. One million new cases in the last 7 days in the United States. Things are a lot more manageable when we're talking one million a month. The way things are trending--it will go from one million every 7 days to one million every 6 to one million every 5 to one million every 4 and at that point we're at 7/8 million cases a month. Hospitals are overwhelmed all over the country and that is just not sustainable. We need to fast track those vaccines right now.

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Would not be surprised if the NCAA pulls the switch pretty soon. Well there is a xmas break coming up pretty soon. One million new cases in the last 7 days in the United States. Things are a lot more manageable when we're talking one million a month. The way things are trending--it will go from one million every 7 days to one million every 6 to one million every 5 to one million every 4 and at that point we're at 7/8 million cases a month. Hospitals are overwhelmed all over the country and that is just not sustainable. We need to fast track those vaccines right now.

I wonder if this in any way played into K'Andre's decision to turn pro. Would love to ask him some day.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wonder if this in any way played into K'Andre's decision to turn pro. Would love to ask him some day.

On that I think it absolutely factored into Barron's decision. Miller IMO probably was going to sign with the Rangers anyway.

But whereas we can see light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccines the trends right now are really awful. 2020 can't be over with soon enough.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Garand was great in the first. Aggressive, made himself big. Had several saves on good chances and played the puck well.

Schneider was more involved offensively than defensively. He had one opportunity to bang in a rebound early in the period but couldn't.

Robertson was on for the White goal but wasn't involved, I don't believe. He had a good chance right at the tail-end of the period. Otherwise didn't see him much.

It's hard to follow the defenders since there are no numbers on the sleeves, so you can't always see who is who.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
watching this now i really wish we somehow moved up to get Mercer.
I really like Schneider but I'm still really regretting that we didn't keep our pick and take Brisson, who has looked terrific in the Michigan games I have caught. Ah well, Schneider will be very good.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Decent thirds for Schneider and Robertson until final minutes. Both got beat for breakaways albeit i'm not so sure the one Schneider was on was totally his fault.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I like Robertson but I don’t see how he makes it over some of the other LD. Canada has so much depth at both LD and RD.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Didn't see the game, but I can see Canada's top 4 shaping up to be the following if Schneider keeps pushing for a spot:

Byram-Drysdale
Harley-Schneider

That's pretty darn good, and the three guys in my estimation are three of the top 5 best skating defenders not in the NHL. That will give you a really good idea where the pace of play is. Harley can really fly.

The other three spots are up for grabs, not sure who makes it but Daemon Hunt was a guy that was out with an injury before coming back. Time off and bulking up could really help a player like that with the game he plays, and minutes open on the third pair and pk. Should be a very good Canadian team whichever way it shakes out.

Reactions: kovazub94

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Get it through your heads. Mercer and Brisson aren't going to shut down the number 1 lines in this league. If you don't have a pairing that can do that, good luck winning playoff series.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
When I look at Schneider I'm thinking Ian Cole, Brooks Orpik---but hopefully better. Hopefully he can be a guy anyway who adds a bit more offense than Cole or Orpik. But it's that big bodied guy who can play a steady not overly complicated defensive game and be a physical presence and be a part of a Cup team or two or three. He's a very good skater with good mobility and agility in every direction. He's also strong as f*** with some aggression in his game. I think the Rangers have in mind (along with Matt Robertson and maybe K'Andre to a lesser extent) that he will be a big body shutdown player. Well that's what Davidson was talking about in that bit of clip at the draft--where Morehouse and Bobrov were giving their assent. Does it mean Schneider's going to be 'first pairing' some day?---I don't know though I tend to think that guy will eventually be either Fox or Lundkvist. For now we watch and wait.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
When I look at Schneider I'm thinking Ian Cole, Brooks Orpik---but hopefully better. Hopefully he can be a guy anyway who adds a bit more offense than Cole or Orpik. But it's that big bodied guy who can play a steady not overly complicated defensive game and be a physical presence and be a part of a Cup team or two or three. He's a very good skater with good mobility and agility in every direction. He's also strong as f*** with some aggression in his game. I think the Rangers have in mind (along with Matt Robertson and maybe K'Andre to a lesser extent) that he will be a big body shutdown player. Well that's what Davidson was talking about in that bit of clip at the draft--where Morehouse and Bobrov were giving their assent. Does it mean Schneider's going to be 'first pairing' some day?---I don't know though I tend to think that guy will eventually be either Fox or Lundkvist. For now we watch and wait.

I mean, Dan Girardi was a 1st pairing defenseman at one point. To some extent that's I think what we want out of one of these guys...Dan Girardi at his peak (plus more puck moving ability).
Basically I mean I think these are the guys who you want to be able to play big minutes against top players and compliment your other, "real" 1st pairing top defenseman. Guys who are hard to play against for the other team, who can do the job defensively, physically, but still be able to advance the puck and facilitate the transition or offense even if they're not going to be scoring tons of points.
They're not the ideal of a top pairing defenseman if you believe they should all be like Hedman or something but they're players who can play big important minutes and help the team in a variety of ways if you pair them with a complimentary partner

Basically, most teams aren't gonna be able to have two all-star legit 1st pairing defensemen to put together on their top pairing. You have one excellent player and another guy who compliments them well. Guys like Schneider I see as the complimentary guy, who can be very valuable and very good as long as the situation is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->