Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #8

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Ranger's Fall 2020 Prospect Rankings

1. Alexis Lafreniere (F) (2020 Draft - 1st Round) (N/R)
2. Igor Shesterkin (G)
(2014 Draft - 4th Round) (E)
3. Nils Lundkvist (RD)
(2018 Draft - 1st Round) (+2)
4. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st Round) (E)
5. K'Andre Miller (LD) (2018 Draft - 1st Round) (+1)
6. Braden Schneider (RD) (2020 Draft - 1st Round) (N/R)
7. Matthew Robertson (LD) (2019 Draft - 2nd Round) (+6)

20181019db007.jpg

Karl Henriksson has been included in the poll

Players available to be added:​

PlayerAgePosition
Dylan Garand18G
Adam Huska23G
Olof Lindbom20G
Hugo Ollas18G
Tyler Wall22G
Leevi Aaltonen19F
Brett Berard18F
Eric Ciccolini19F
Adam Edstrom19F
Jake Elmer21F
Gabriel Fontaine23F
Tim Gettinger22F
Riley Hughes20F
Patrick Khodorenko21F
Patrick Newell24F
Lauri Pajuniemi21F
Matthew Rempe18F
Justin Richards22F
Ty Ronning22F
Austin Rueschhoff23F
Oliver Tarnstrom18F
Evan Vierling18F
Brandon Crawley23LD
Libor Hajek22LD
Simon Kjellberg20LD
Jacob Ragnarsson21LD
Yegor Rykov23LD
Calle Sjalin21LD
Hunter Skinner19RD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
There is a legit argument for all six of these guys.

Barron - Just kept improving in NCAA, perhaps built better for the NHL game than any of the others.

Cuylle - Youngest guy by a heap, expected 2nd rounder in the draft, should have a very translatable game.

Gauthier - Could very well be one small development step and an opportunity away from being Kreider-lite.

Henriksson - Playing regular top9 time in the SHL as a 19-year old, even though size and strength are stacked against him.

Jones - Turned heads from day one after we drafted him. Never lost a step in moving to the NCAA and earned a WJC berth.

Reunanen - Highly touted skills who finally kicked the injury bug, put up damn good Liiga numbers, and made it difficult for the Rangers to cut him last year.

Give me Barron at this exact moment, but man oh man, it's insane that we're choosing between these guys as who will be #8! And excluding the likes of Kakko, Fox, Lindgren, Chytil, and Howden in the process. Insane!

Add Hajek

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Barron for upside and position. He has been one of the biggest risers and I think prospect development momentum is an underrated aspect.

Add Skinner, Pajuniemi, or Hajek

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Gauthier due to the fact that he's so close in theory.

Have no idea who to add. The rest of the options have their own issues but doesn't make them any less interesting

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like Barron the best of all of them. I think he's already got a fundamentally sound 200' game which puts him over Gauthier for me. Add Hajek.

To comment on Cuylle--some think he could turn into a Tom Wilson kind of player and Cuylle when asked who he tries to model his game after says Jamie Benn.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This is one is tough.

I went with Gauthier based on him on the cusp, and because he could be a nice player if it all comes together.

But Gauthier is also a bit of a wildcard for me. He is a kid who, for all his skill, often leaves me wanting and I just don’t know if I see a player who knows where to put all the puzzle pieces.

Still, factoring it all in, I feel like I “have to” put him here.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gauthier.

While I really wanted to choose Barron or Cuylle, Gauthier has already been really good in the AHL. There's a chance that's where it ends, for him; however that chance also definitely exists for Barron and Cuylle, and we don't even know if they can be as good in the AHL as Gauthier.

Add Libor Hajek, who I'm optimistic can turn it around and grab a spot this year (and who is still just 22--which is still quite young for a defenseman).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad