Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #6

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
IDK about Henriksson. I need to see the perceived talent start translating into production. He had a chance in Allsvenskan last year and didn't really do anything with it. He only had one or two points in like a dozen games. He didn't do anything in the SHL. That's all fine, he's a teenager, but I'd like to see him start producing in the top flight now. He's getting a great chance playing big minutes and he needs to seize the opportunity.

I'd be less concerned if he weren't small. Or, if he weren't small and a mediocre skater. It's really tough to make in the NHL when you're small and an average skater. I know he has great vision and IQ, but that combination is going to be tough to overcome.
I like Henriksson, but I agree. He has to start producing. He’s very small, and is only a pretty good skater, which I agree isn’t easy to overcome, but possible with high-end or elite skill. I don’t think he has that either.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I've got these next 2 spots as a toss up between Robertson and Schneider...went with Robertson but I'd be good with either order the next 2 spots.

Add Henriksson

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
Went Schneider here I actually think he is our 3rd or 4th best prospect. Think it is a toss up between him and Nils. Although I like Nils not sure how he translates to the nhl, think Schneider is a sure fire 3/4 with an upside of a 2. Add Cuylle

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Regarding Henriksson, I don't remember Zucc being an amazing skater. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't Hagelin.
The thing with Zucc was that his hands were basically elite. Henriksson’s aren’t, although they are not bad either. If KH can become a little bit faster, I think he has 2C upside. But this is just my opinion, and I admit that I haven’t watched him as much as I watch other prospects.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
The thing with Zucc was that his hands were basically elite. Henriksson’s aren’t, although they are not bad either. If KH can become a little bit faster, I think he has 2C upside. But this is just my opinion, and I admit that I haven’t watched him as much as I watch other prospects.

I agree.

I also just don't like comparisons to Zucc, in general. He has one of the most unique build/skillset combinations I've ever seen.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I agree.

I also just don't like comparisons to Zucc, in general. He has one of the most unique build/skillset combinations I've ever seen.
You’re talking about Zucc’s build/skill set combination, right? Or am I missing something with Henriksson?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Went Schneider here I actually think he is our 3rd or 4th best prospect. Think it is a toss up between him and Nils. Although I like Nils not sure how he translates to the nhl, think Schneider is a sure fire 3/4 with an upside of a 2. Add Cuylle
That’s a fair point with the possibility of Nils’ game being less likely to translate. I do think Schneider being a “sure fire” 3/4D is a bit optimistic, although I see the argument. For me, it’s a bit tougher to evaluate him than other prospects. Probably because he’s a hybrid of a “tools” prospect and a “smarts” prospect. Also, the fact that his skill set on D fills a greater need than Nils’ skill set does might allow him more opportunity.

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Voted for Barron add Cuyle.

I think Barron can surprise can score 15 goals. I think he will be on the Rangers once season starts. I doubt he starts in Hartford unless he gets hurt or has a bad camp. He will be 22. I see no AHL time for him. For some reason I think college kids are more pro ready than junior players. I feel that more college players are ready to step in over players from juniors. Derek Stepan went the same route and he was only 20

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
For me it's

Robertson
Schneider
Jones

In that order.

Add Berard

I got Schneider higher. Usually when it’s close I would take an older player but I think there’s a clear separation here. His game looks more polished than Robertson was plus more pronounced element of physicality. On the Rangers board Schneider was also ranked much higher than Robertson was a year ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad