Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #4

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Miller. Easily at the moment.

I give credit to Kravtsov for coming back and putting in work last season and am encouraged by what he's doing so far, but I now have concerns about him that won't be addressed until he comes back and shows he can play that way here.

Miller is a f***ing stud and is going to surprise people this year. He should have gone in the last round.

Add Zac Jones.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Picked Kravtsov - my Russian bias flailing freely. Could’ve easily gone with Miller.

Add Reunanen PLEASE!

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I’ve said this before, but the two things that concerns me with Miller is the hype/expectation vs reality, and the timeline.

I keep seeing both of those elements inched up and there’s just this sinking feeling that both are a bit too high.

Miller is a very good prospect, but I sometimes wonder if he’s going to be the next Chris Kreider that this board somewhat debates for a decade.

I went with VK

I think Miller is 5/6 on list

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have him at 4 for upside. Because he is a unique blend.

But Schneider and Robertson definitely have more clearly defined paths and roles at this point.

Edge, maybe not the thread for this but I asked something similar before but I value your opinion specifically. How do you compare Schneider and Robertson?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Would people prefer if we skip the next poll when the time comes, and add two guys from the comments of this one?

I'm fine either way, but it does potentially impact which guy gets added after our #5 vote.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Edge, maybe not the thread for this but I asked something similar before but I value your opinion specifically. How do you compare Schneider and Robertson?

Schneider is a little more dynamic and is arguably a bit ahead of where Robertson was at the same point, but very similar in their steadiness, ability to get the puck and get it the hell away from danger.

I think those two, if paired together, could frustrate the hell out of forwards.

Robertson reminds me a bit of Staal, with better skating. Schneider reminds me a lot of McD, albeit not quite with the same skating or offense - but maybe not quite as less as some might think.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
if Miller is the next Kreider the pick is an absolute home run for me

Miller doing Kreider things like having sterling defensive and offensive metrics and playing a very calculated and efficient game is exactly what I hope from him. whether he scores 30p or 50p doesn't matter to me.

is that a fair analysis?
My perspective as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad