Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #23

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
LOL. I just found these two primary assists he got recently. They didn't even bother to show his pass. These goals were entirely of their top scorer, Konstantin Okulov's doing.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
he had 11 pts in Hartford. He has 5 points in the KHL this season. Again, points don't tell that clear of a picture. Did he just get secondary assists? I don't know but if you want to advocate him, will gladly listen to scouting reports if you've got them.
No, but if you don't know or haven't seen him much--as you say--how can you say that?

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Well, hey if you guys say so...
hey no worries Bob. I went around last season trumpeting for Patrick Newell mostly based off of stats. 47 points in 39 games for St Cloud U. +35 and while he could still develop, his arrival in the AHL was quite lackluster. Cautionary tales for Khodorenko, Richards, and Rueschhoff. They have some new toy shine but it just takes one season for that shine to wear off.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I never seen Rykov play pre-injury, but he was a steaming pile afterward.

Just found a KHL reference saying that he would likely return to North America if and when the season starts. Has there been any reports to the opposite?

Yegor Rykov - New York Rangers - NHL
I haven't really seen anything that would be considered actual reporting. It's either people just saying, "When camp opens, A, B, C, and Rykov will be competing for a spot," or people like me who think it's more likely he stays in Russia given how last season played out and that he's an impending RFA and doesn't have to come back. Who knows, though, maybe he comes back for camp and gives it one last go. Given how CSKA uses him (like a #6) they may have no issues letting him leave.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
His inability to play consistent defense, pick up coverage, win battles for the puck, move the puck when he has it, etc.

I mean I could go on if you'd like. But the reports before his injury were not glowing.

Didn't he have a high ankle sprain? I did that once and it took at least 9 months to get over it.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
hey no worries Bob. I went around last season trumpeting for Patrick Newell mostly based off of stats. 47 points in 39 games for St Cloud U. +35 and while he could still develop, his arrival in the AHL was quite lackluster. Cautionary tales for Khodorenko, Richards, and Rueschhoff. They have some new toy shine but it just takes one season for that shine to wear off.
Leedahl, Lettieri, Gilroy, Pock... we pick the real winners from NCAA... but look at Pionk... all you guys waned him out.. all's well that ends well..

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I haven't really seen anything that would be considered actual reporting. It's either people just saying, "When camp opens, A, B, C, and Rykov will be competing for a spot," or people like me who think it's more likely he stays in Russia given how last season played out and that he's an impending RFA and doesn't have to come back. Who knows, though, maybe he comes back for camp and gives it one last go. Given how CSKA uses him (like a #6) they may have no issues letting him leave.

I'm of the mind that he won't try North America again anytime soon, either. If there was some confirmed report that he was, I think I would have started giving him some thought at around #20 or #21.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad