Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #23 (Tie Break)

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm willing to give Rykov the benefit of the doubt that last year was a combination of adjusting to NA and the lingering ankle injury. I've never been that high on him, but still.

Honestly I feel like there's a good case for each of the three.

Reactions: Beer League Sniper

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm willing to give Rykov the benefit of the doubt that last year was a combination of adjusting to NA and the lingering ankle injury. I've never been that high on him, but still.

Yeah, I could’ve write off last year to circumstances and I really had high hopes of him getting back on track but it’s difficult to do when he followed it up with 13 min on a 3rd pair this season.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

Went with Rykov as well, but Garand and Skinner just have so many more development years in front of them. I think that could work in their favor.

Rykov, you just kind of get the feeling it's now or never for him, regarding a career in NA. His KHL stats, while respectable, haven't really grown since he entered that league. If his game doesn't translate now, I doubt it ever will. Feels weird to say a D is a finished product at 23, but I kind of think he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad