Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #11

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
What is the idiotic fascination with small defenseman with our fan base that aren't named Lundkvist. First Jones. Now Reunanen. Neither one of them is close to the talent that Hajek is. Oh boy. This is years of AV brainwashing our fan base that those types of defenseman win cups.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
What is the idiotic fascination with small defenseman with our fan base that aren't named Lundkvist. First Jones. Now Reunanen. Neither one of them is close to the talent that Hajek is. Oh boy. This is years of AV brainwashing our fan base that those types of defenseman win cups.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Like Shattenkirk, Dunn, Orlov, Letang, Niskanen, Djoos, Daley, Letang etc?

None of these are over 6'0", the same height is Tarmo Reunanen. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a narrative

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
It's Libor Hajek not Salma Hayek.

Hajek is an after thought, based on on the past 12-18 months - and his Lundqvist commentary as the cherry on top. He will not be an NHL player, and he's not making the Top 15 of this list.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Like Shattenkirk, Dunn, Orlov, Letang, Niskanen, Djoos, Daley, Letang etc?

None of these are over 6'0", the same height is Tarmo Reunanen. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a narrative

I just love reading posters making good points not being prompted by any visible arguments to the contrary. Life is good.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It's Libor Hajek not Salma Hayek.

Hajek is an after thought, based on on the past 12-18 months - and his Lundqvist commentary as the cherry on top. He will not be an NHL player, and he's not making the Top 15 of this list.

You want a bet?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Add Tarnstrom.

Hard not to add their 3rd rounder before all the other players picked, even if Vierling or Berard are great picks in the 5th round. Garland was also taken ahead of them as well and his WHL numbers are fantastic. He'll be my add before these two.

Also, Lindbom is also off to a good start this season, maybe it's his revenge tour after missing as much time as he has.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Add Tarnstrom.

Hard not to add their 3rd rounder before all the other players picked, even if Vierling or Berard are great picks in the 5th round. Garland was also taken ahead of them as well and his WHL numbers are fantastic. He'll be my add before these two.

Also, Lindbom is also off to a good start this season, maybe it's his revenge tour after missing as much time as he has.

Tarnstrom, Berard & Vierling. Three 2020 picks on the younger side - really looking forward to see which one will get ahead in their D+1 year.

Reactions: darko

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I think at they are fairly close when you aggregate out the rankings, but at this point Vierling has a clearer path, and more track record under his belt.

Two weeks ago no one here was talking about Brett Berard. Vierling did come up a bit more. But I suspect Marchand was name dropped a few times and people's ears perked up.

Reactions: egelband

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I'd take Tarmo over Hajek any day and I like Hajek.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Add Tarnstrom.

Yeah, I don't get why people are selecting guys the team drafted two rounds after Tärnström only a week after they actually made the picks...

Toughest call yet for me, choosing between Cuylle, Reunanen, and Wall. I went with Cuylle for the upside, but could easily be convinced to vote for either of the other two.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think at they are fairly close when you aggregate out the rankings, but at this point Vierling has a clearer path, and more track record under his belt.

Two weeks ago no one here was talking about Brett Berard. Vierling did come up a bit more. But I suspect Marchand was name dropped a few times and people's ears perked up.

Funny, thought I’ve seen Bergeron reference when describing Vierling. Naturally Berard and Vierling had to be drafted in tandem.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Funny, thought I’ve seen Bergeron reference when describing Vierling. Naturally Berard and Vierling had to be drafted in tandem.

Vierling reminds me a lot of Dom Moore. Similar size, skating, IQ, motors, complete 200 foot game, etc.

I think he's somewhat ahead of where Moore was at the same stage, but getting a player closer to Moore's top-end in the fifth would be incredibly valuable.

Both guys are close. Vierling probably has a closer spread of rankings, whereas Berard's ranking are a little more spaced out. Frankly I pegged both guys as third round candidates, fourth round at the latest. To have both of them on the board in the fifth round is pretty amazing.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Vierling reminds me a lot of Dom Moore. Similar size, skating, IQ, motors, complete 200 foot game, etc.

I think he's somewhat ahead of where Moore was at the same stage, but getting a player closer to Moore's top-end in the fifth would be incredibly valuable.

Both guys are close. Vierling probably has a closer spread of rankings, whereas Berard's ranking are a little more spaced out. Frankly I pegged both guys as third round candidates, fourth round at the latest. To have both of them on the board in the fifth round is pretty amazing.

Fire Clark, right?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I prefer Bergeron. o_O

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I really want to go Cuylle, who I love. I also have mild concerns about Reunanen after he was benched/saw his role reduced for supposedly not being committed to defense last year. But, I will go with Tarmo.

Add Berard. I know both Tarnstrom and Vierling were picked ahead of him, but if we just ranked guys by where they were drafted there wouldn't be much to these things. I thought Berard would go in the second or early third. Vierling in the third or so. IDK much about Tarnstrom but I know lots of places didn't rank him. So I could just go with the Rangers' scouts, or my preference. I mean we're also entirely excluding Garand.

I liked Barron better than Crawley, Sjalin, or Lakatos. I liked Duclair and Buchnevich better than Tambellini. Fast more than Yogan or Wilson. That one guy went a round or two higher in a just-concluded draft does not persuade me.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I really want to go Cuylle, who I love. I also have mild concerns about Reunanen after he was benched/saw his role reduced for supposedly not being committed to defense last year. But, I will go with Tarmo.

Add Berard. I know both Tarnstrom and Vierling were picked ahead of him, but if we just ranked guys by where they were drafted there wouldn't be much to these things. I thought Berard would go in the second or early third. Vierling in the third or so. IDK much about Tarnstrom but I know lots of places didn't rank him. So I could just go with the Rangers' scouts, or my preference. I mean we're also entirely excluding Garand.

I liked Barron better than Crawley, Sjalin, or Lakatos. I liked Duclair and Buchnevich better than Tambellini. Fast more than Yogan or Wilson. That one guy went a round or two higher in a just-concluded draft does not persuade me.
Fair point – you've convinced me. I will assign the fact less weight going forward.

(Don't you wish political debates could work like this...?) :)

Reactions: nyr2k2

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
#JustWhenYouThoughtItWasSafeToCastAVote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad