Rangers Prospect Ranking: (TIE BREAKER) - #14

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2019 Prospect Ranking

1. Kaapo Kakko (F) (2019 Draft - 1st round) (Not Ranked) - (97%)
2. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (-1) - (77%)
3. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (E) - (69%)
4. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (+1) (57%)
5. Adam Fox (D) (2016 Draft - 3rd round) (Not Ranked)
6. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (-2) - (50%)
7. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (E) (64%)
8. Alexander Georgiev (G) (Undrafted) (+1) (53%)
9. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (-1) - (64%)
10. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round) (+1) (64%)
11. Matthew Robertson (D) (2019 Draft - 2nd round) (Not Ranked) (44%)
12. Tarmo Reunanen (D) (2016 Draft - 4th round) (+1) (37%)
13. Morgan Barron (F) (2017 Draft - 6th round) (+1) (60%)

Unofficial:

4. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st Round) (-2) (Graduated from list, played 19 too many games)
8. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st Round) (-2) (Graduated from list, played 2 too many games)
11. Brandan Lemieux (F) (2014 Draft - 2nd round) (Not Ranked) (Graduated from list, played 7 too many games)

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Lindgren is just a more polished product to me. Let Henricksson earn his way up the ranks.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Agreed. Lindgren should get more respect here.
True, but our depth and the quality of our depth we accumulated over such a short period of time is unmatched. Lindgren would be a top 7-10 prospect on nearly every other team. Maybe even better than that on teams that have weak prospect pools.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
?

The difference between the 2nd and 3rd from the last poll doesn't justify it enough to give the runner up of this one the automatic spot ...like it did when the 3rd place had no chance of beating out the runner up from the Miller/Fox poll. C'on man this isn't that hard lol

lol it was a joke. you have spent alot of time on this. i would have given up after poll 3 lol

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
This was a tough one for me. A few things swayed me to go with Lindgren:

- I think playing in the AHL as a U21 is rarer than we realize. There were only 20 defensemen that did it this year (including 3 on our team). A bunch of them (Jake Bean, Nic Hague, Cal Foote, Kale Clague, Josh Mahura) are pretty legit prospects.
- There are a handful of defenseman who had weak AHL production at Lindgren's age and have become solid NHL players, including Edmunson, Bortuzzo, Klefbom, and Gudas (all have good corsi rels and log significant minutes)
- I think the way we tend to classify defensemen with limited offensive potential as 3rd pairing defensemen isn't totally right. A team like Boston, which has been one of the best teams in the NHL the past two years, features a bunch of defensemen who don't really add a whole lot offensively (like Carlo, Grzeclyk, and recently Chara) in key roles and does pretty well. I think a defenseman who can match up against the other team's best players and limit their offensive production can be a pretty valuable player even if they don't produce a lot of points.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This was a tough one for me. A few things swayed me to go with Lindgren:

- I think playing in the AHL as a U21 is rarer than we realize. There were only 20 defensemen that did it this year (including 3 on our team). A bunch of them (Jake Bean, Nic Hague, Cal Foote, Kale Clague, Josh Mahura) are pretty legit prospects.
- There are a handful of defenseman who had weak AHL production at Lindgren's age and have become solid NHL players, including Edmunson, Bortuzzo, Klefbom, and Gudas (all have good corsi rels and log significant minutes)
- I think the way we tend to classify defensemen with limited offensive potential as 3rd pairing defensemen isn't totally right. A team like Boston, which has been one of the best teams in the NHL the past two years, features a bunch of defensemen who don't really add a whole lot offensively (like Carlo, Grzeclyk, and recently Chara) in key roles and does pretty well. I think a defenseman who can match up against the other team's best players and limit their offensive production can be a pretty valuable player even if they don't produce a lot of points.
Very true and I still think that Lindgren has top 4 upside. It’s just that we have so many d-men prospects with similar or higher upside, that it’s a long shot for him to be anything more than a bottom pairing d-man on this team. On another team? Sure, he might be a top 4 d-man.

Also, I think that Lindgren’s potential is a bit tougher to project than most defensive defensemen due to his skating and passing ability. Those two things along with his good defensive IQ give him a higher upside than we may think.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Going with Henriksson again. I like Lindgren, but I really don't see 2nd pair upside. I think his upside is a 3rd pairing mini-Michael Sauer.

I normally go experience over upside if it's close, but I think Henriksson's tools are very tantalizing.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lindgren because I think he's more likely to become an NHL player and his upside is being sold a bit short because he doesn't really post numbers.

Henriksson has the upside and the skill set advantage, though I do question if a 5'9 center lacking above average to elite skating can actually rise to the second line. Not saying he can't make it, maybe even as a wing, but that's a very big "if" for me at this point.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Lindgren for me. Henriksson might have a higher ceiling but is a longer shot to get there. I think Lindgren has the potential to be a very important role player for this franchise pretty soon.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lindgren for me too. We have a glut of LD but that doesn't mean that the American is not a viable NHL prospect. Henriksson at this point is too far removed from the NHL.

In a year I might vote differently.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
With all the action we have seen with this team over the summer, its pretty interesting that most of the prospects have barely moved. The drafted kids essentially took the spots of the graduated kids, and everyone else just shuffled +/- 1 spot (2 spots in one case)

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad