Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Ranking (Summer 2018) - FINAL LIST

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
What makes you puts Kravtsov above Chytil? Kravtsov might have higher upside, but Chytil is only three months older and had a more productive season as a center transitioning to North America.
I think Kravtsov is the only prospect we have that has true elite potential (besides Shestyorkin, but goalies are obviously hard to project). Chytil may become a 1st liner some day, but Kravtsov may become a top 30 forward in the league. I also think many Rangers fans slightly overrate Chytil and underrate Kravtsov.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think any of our prospects or players have elite potential, except the goalie on the top goalie on the NHL team and the top goalie in the org.

My biggest disagreement with these rankings is where Rykov is ranked. This guy has been nothing but extremely good for like 5 years in his age group, yet people on this website treat him as if he's some "potential" guy. The fact that Rykov is lower than Lindgren is a joke, and I think it'll look incredibly stupid in a couple of years. Rykov is yet another one of these Russian players, like Buchnevich or Kaprizov, who suffered in draft perception purely because he's from Russia, and NHL teams are completely hit or miss with scouting Russia. They completely missed on scouting Rykov. He's not a breakout player. He's been a top 50 or so player in his age group for years, and probably is such in a re-draft, maybe even a first round guy in a re-draft.

I'm struggling to understand why Hajek is ranked so much higher than Rykov. He shouldn't even be ranked higher. The two recent draft picks shouldn't be ranked higher either. Neither has higher potential than Rykov. Probably similar potential, but they are nowhere near as proven as Rykov is. The kid was the fourth leading scorer among defenseman this past season for what amounts to an NHL team. He dominated at the WJC a year prior, as well. Well-rounded game with more offensive upside than probably any of the recent Gorton defensive prospect acquisitions, outside of DeAngelo, who sucks.

This guy gets it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What makes you puts Kravtsov above Chytil? Kravtsov might have higher upside, but Chytil is only three months older and had a more productive season as a center transitioning to North America.

Chytil also played in an inferior league compared to Kravtsov.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I think Kravtsov is the only prospect we have that has true elite potential (besides Shestyorkin, but goalies are obviously hard to project). Chytil may become a 1st liner some day, but Kravtsov may become a top 30 forward in the league. I also think many Rangers fans slightly overrate Chytil and underrate Kravtsov.

That's fair. I think Rangers fans (myself included) saw Chytil's potential at the start of the rebuild and jumped the gun in designating him an inevitable future franchise player.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Cant wait to follow the progress of Keane as he shoots up our prospects list.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If Keane makes the WJC team, he will be a lock to be the biggest climber on the Winter list (unless he totally bombs it at the tournament)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
the only American righty dman better than keane is bodie wilde. the Anderson's are both highly overrated by USA development. Walsh is interesting but he's not better than keane. if joey takes another step here to start the year he should make the team

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Anybody have more info on Ville Meskanen?
I don't know know much about him but really intrigued by everything Ive seen and read... looks to be an under the radar late bloomer type signing. Plays either wing and exploded last year in terms of development in Liiga. Can't help but root for the kid.
Any clips of games or interviews would be appreciated.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Anybody have more info on Ville Meskanen?
I don't know know much about him but really intrigued by everything Ive seen and read... looks to be an under the radar late bloomer type signing. Plays either wing and exploded last year in terms of development in Liiga. Can't help but root for the kid.
Any clips of games or interviews would be appreciated.
There's some video and other stuff about him from his signing thread.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/nyr-sign-free-agent-forward-ville-meskanen.2486741/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad