Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Ranking (Summer 2018) - FINAL LIST

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think the Mitch Brown data for Gross has really skewed how people perceive him as a prospect. It's only an 8 game sample size of data, and it doesn't report what games were tracked. Gross made the transition over from Switzerland to North America this season, so it's entirely possible that he was hindered while trying to make these adjustments. He had a really good WJC for the Swiss this year.

I'm not thrilled with the pick, and I would've preferred guys like Milos Roman, Philip Kurashev, or Jacob Pivonka. But, I do think he'll be an interesting prospect to follow over the next two years. He's a super aggressive defender with the puck on his stick, so I'm curious to see if he can improve his ability to play that rover role.
“Pivonka”. Now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
“Pivonka”. Now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time.

His son was drafted by the Isles. A shame because the kid is a really good 4C prospect, and would've been a good pick for our team that needs good bottom sixers. Probably will have a 10 year NHL career in that role.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Should be-

1. Chytil
2. Kravtsov
3. Andersson
4. Shestyorkin
5. Miller
6. Pionk
7. Lundkvist
8. Howden
9. Rykov
10. Hajek
11. Lindgren
12. Ronning
13. Georgiev
14. Barron
15. Keane
16. Meksanen
17. Lettieri
18. Ragnarsson
19. Virta
20. Bigras
21. Day
22. Lindqvist
23. Pajuniemi
24. Nieves
25. Fontaine
26. Lindbom
27. Huska
28. O Gara
29. Gilmour
30. Hughes
HM-Sjalin, Gross

I don’t care for NHL readiness. This is who I would keep in that order. (I don’t value goalies as much as skaters which is why Shesty is 4th) this board is wayyy to high on Hajek
Just curious, what don’t you like about Hajek?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nothing I don’t like, just don’t think he’s as good as the guys I listed above him. I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if he becomes anything more than a solid 4D

Be careful. You could be attacked for saying that. He's the McDonagh replacement. In fact, some say he'll be better than McDonagh starting this season. And in the NHL, if you weren't sure, like I wasn't.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Nothing I don’t like, just don’t think he’s as good as the guys I listed above him. I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if he becomes anything more than a solid 4D
Fair enough, I couldn’t think of a better way to word that question without it sounding kind of loaded. I think he’s better than that, I don’t think he has #1 potential, but I could see him topping out as a complimentary top pairing guy

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
A few observations about the make-up of this list:

- There is a dearth of quantity among Left-wingers and RHD, but it’s safe to assume that at least one of Andersson/Chytil/Howden will be a winger to some degree in the NHL, and there isn’t really a lack of quality (excepting a blue-chip prospect) among Pionk/Lundkvist/Keane, all of whom look fairly promising.

- I see Fontaine and Keane having the most potential to fly up the rankings come next summer, and it helps the case of the former that Hartford should be far stronger this coming season than last. Keane’s biggest shortcomings as a player (shot and consistency in decision-making) seem to be manageable as he develops.

- Chytil, Andersson, and Kravtsov obviously have the highest reasonable upside among the forwards, but it necessary for this rebuild to progress that one of them become a player capable of driving the top-line, which is a lofty expectation, but the future is built on those kinds of expectations from the youth.

- With the sheer quantity of Defensemen in the system - particularly on the left-side - I don’t see much reason to think that this team can’t have an enviable back-end in the near future. As much fear as there is of a lack of top-pairing players in the pipeline, I think at least one should rise to the occasion out of Rykov, Lundkvist, Pionk, Hajek, Lindgren, Miller, Keane, and Ragnarsson (with DeAngelo and Skjei having some potential to reach that mark as well). Rykov could very well prove himself to be one of the more highly-regarded defensemen outside the NHL this season, and bringing him over to NA is an imperative.

- This is definitely a top-five farm in the league as it stands, and it’s cathartic to know that we may not even be a major prospect away from having a truly complete farm. Although, managing to acquire a player like Bowen Byram or Alex Newhook outside the top-three would be great nonetheless.

Reactions: Chytiljuice

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
in response to gap in RHD pipeline, I'd try to sign Jack Glover, after 4 years as a Gopher, next week, when the NCAA unsigneds become UFAs.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
in response to gap in RHD pipeline, I'd try to sign Jack Glover, after 4 years as a Gopher, next week, when the NCAA unsigneds become UFAs.

Is Glover really worth it after his poor ECHL showing? I wouldn't want to sign a RHD for the sake of simply having more, since he’d be the black-sheep among Pionk, DeAngelo, Lundkvist, and Keane.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is Glover really worth it after his poor ECHL showing? I wouldn't want to sign a RHD for the sake of simply having more, since he’d be the black-sheep among Pionk, DeAngelo, Lundkvist, and Keane.
I watched two Minnesota games last year because I wanted to see Nanne, finally. I don't remember a thing about Glover, good or bad. I don't even remember the player.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Should be-

1. Chytil
2. Kravtsov
3. Andersson
4. Shestyorkin
5. Miller
6. Pionk
7. Lundkvist
8. Howden
9. Rykov
10. Hajek
11. Lindgren
12. Ronning
13. Georgiev
14. Barron
15. Keane
16. Meksanen
17. Lettieri
18. Ragnarsson
19. Virta
20. Bigras
21. Day
22. Lindqvist
23. Pajuniemi
24. Nieves
25. Fontaine
26. Lindbom
27. Huska
28. O Gara
29. Gilmour
30. Hughes
HM-Sjalin, Gross

I don’t care for NHL readiness. This is who I would keep in that order. (I don’t value goalies as much as skaters which is why Shesty is 4th) this board is wayyy to high on Hajek
I agree with your top 12, except I would switch Chytil with Kravtsov, and Andersson with Shestyorkin.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I agree with your top 12, except I would switch Chytil with Kravtsov, and Andersson with Shestyorkin.

What makes you puts Kravtsov above Chytil? Kravtsov might have higher upside, but Chytil is only three months older and had a more productive season as a center transitioning to North America.

Reactions: haveandare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad