Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #9 Prospect

#9 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
OK... honestly, Pionk shoulde been top-5... How many of you guys honestly know what's up? Like you've seen more of Kravtsov, Miller, even Hajek or Howden than of Pionk? They've finally gotten that top-4 RHD who arguably has a spot to lose come October and you guys think there are eight players better... Chytil over an Olympic gold medalist, but if they have a PROBABLE top-4 NHL defenseman, the long-coveted righty, ranked 8th, they have the best prospect pool in history... for all the criticism of Clark and his boys some people do...

Add Falardeau.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buchnevich89

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
And still, the fact Nieves and especially DeAngelo aren't listed is ridiculous, though I bet DeAngelo would be top-3.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
And still, the fact Nieves and especially DeAngelo aren't listed is ridiculous, though I bet DeAngelo would be top-3.

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*

Though I agree he should have been included. He's 22 for crying out loud. The majority didnt want him listed.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*

Though I agree he should have been included. He's 22 for crying out loud. The majority didnt want him listed.
Every sport uses a games cut-off for rookie status. You play a certain amount of games, the league doesn't consider you a rookie. Like the NHL's rookie cut-off is 25 games I think.

So HF did the same for prospects. You play a certain amount of games, you're no longer a prospect. It is what it is. If ADA was a stud who played 60 games last season everyone would say, "I don't consider him a prospect anymore and won't vote for him." Instead, he's been mediocre over his 70-whatever games so some people still think he's a prospect. It's just easier to be consistent. IMO anyway.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nieves is listed.

If Pionk fell to 8 I see no way ADA would be top three, given that a lot of people were never that high on him and a lot more were less than impressed with him last season. Couple that with Shiny New Toy Syndrome and he's probably in the same range as Pionk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->