Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #7 Prospect

#7 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I dunno; I like Rykov, but it seems a little early.

Do you think that at the TDL we would of been able to trade Grabner for a second and the early rights to Miller (if Jersey had owned them for argument's sake)? I think they would of laughed at that offer.

Granted, Rykov's value to them may have been a little lower if they were concerned about him coming to NA, but not so much as for them to sell him at half value or anything so drastic.

I’d rather base things on what I’ve watched. I think there’s way too much being based on what we are told.

For example, the Rangers through their mouthpiece Brooks told us they insisted on Hajek for the McDonagh trade. Are we sure that’s not to save face for not getting their way? I’m pretty sure there were also reports that Tampa wouldn’t trade Sergachyov or Foote.

And because of this, Hajek is somehow our fifth ranked prospect. There are people here who claim he’ll be the best defensemen on the NHL team this season. It’s not even clear that he has a real shot to make the NHL team.

And I don’t dislike Hajek, but I haven’t heard any “experts” talk him up that much, his stats are underwhelming, Tampa was willing to let him go but not the other two and I personally don’t regard him as highly as Howden or Rykov.

Neither of those guys gets any attention, and it seems like it’s because the team was caught in a pickle and now they are trying to sell us a bill of goods about Hajek basically being the McDonagh replacement we got in the trade for McDonagh. So of all the secondary prospects, he’s the guy everyone talks about. I just think we should pay more attention to what these players are doing and less to what the team is trying to sell us.

Reactions: CaptBagel

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I’d rather base things on what I’ve watched. I think there’s way too much being based on what we are told.

For example, the Rangers through their mouthpiece Brooks told us they insisted on Hajek for the McDonagh trade. Are we sure that’s not to save face for not getting their way? I’m pretty sure there were also reports that Tampa wouldn’t trade Sergachyov or Foote.

And because of this, Hajek is somehow our fifth ranked prospect. There are people here who claim he’ll be the best defensemen on the NHL team this season. It’s not even clear that he has a real shot to make the NHL team.

And I don’t dislike Hajek, but I haven’t heard any “experts” talk him up that much, his stats are underwhelming, Tampa was willing to let him go but not the other two and I personally don’t regard him as highly as Howden or Rykov.

Neither of those guys gets any attention, and it seems like it’s because the team was caught in a pickle and now they are trying to sell us a bill of goods about Hajek basically being the McDonagh replacement we got in the trade for McDonagh. So of all the secondary prospects, he’s the guy everyone talks about. I just think we should pay more attention to what these players are doing and less to what the team is trying to sell us.
How about all the Tampa posters who were telling us how much Hajek's stock jumped up this season? How much have you watched of Hajek? Were you keeping a close eye on him during the WJC20s for the czech team? Or bought a package to watch him in Juniors?

Stats are underwhelming? Are you just going by his stats with everything? It doesn't seem like you know a whole lot about him aside from a lot of assumptions that brooks is feeding us info from the Rangers to save some face...which btw sounds incredibly ridiculous. .

Reactions: darko

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
How about all the Tampa posters who were telling us how much Hajek's stock jumped up this season? How much have you watched of Hajek? Were you keeping an eye on him during the WJC20s? Or bought a package to watch him in Juniors?

So the Tampa fans said they liked him more than Foote?

I watched all the Czech games, and watched the WHL playoffs. I like Howden more from that trade, and I’d have Hajek no higher than second among D prospects. I’m not even sure he’s a better prospect than Lundkvist. I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt because he’s farther from his draft and still doing pretty well, but its a fair point to make that Nils has already shown well in a good men’s league. Hajek has been playing junior hockey.

Our fans act like Hajek projects as a top pairing D, yet I really don’t see where they get this from other than the team trying to cover themselves after trading away the captain. I don’t dislike the dude, but I think our fans overrate him based off what the team sells us.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

I watched all the Czech games, and watched the WHL playoffs. I like Howden more from that trade, and I’d have Hajek no higher than second among D prospects. I’m not even sure he’s a better prospect than Lundkvist. I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt because he’s farther from his draft and still doing pretty well, but its a fair point to make that Nils has already shown well in a good men’s league. Hajek has been playing junior hockey.

Our fans act like Hajek projects as a top pairing D, yet I really don’t see where they get this from other than the team trying to cover themselves after trading away the captain. I don’t dislike the dude, but I think our fans overrate him based off what the team sells us.

Yes there are some saying his ceiling may hit that, so whats the big deal? I'm sure you see much higher ceilings than other posters on other players. It's our opinion. We aren't all going to agree on everything.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

This is tinfoil hat territory.

Reactions: darko

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes there are some saying his ceiling may hit that, so whats the big deal? I'm sure you see much higher ceilings than other posters on other players. It's our opinion. We aren't all going to agree on everything.

There isn’t a big deal. I’m giving my opinion. You questioned me, which isn’t a big deal either. Isn’t the point of these threads to give our opinion on the rankings of our prospects and discuss the merits of where players should be ranked?

Reactions: CaptBagel

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Funny, you start with the premise of a need to be watching prospect to judge him and right away turn to support your take on a prospect by anything but...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad